Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
So I just started a new job, managing a warehouse, and I have been concerned about people smoking meth or haroin in the public bathrooms.

I live in a small town and with in the last year 80% of the public restrooms have tested positive for toxins. There is a couple of reason why this is a concern: one is monetary and the other is my kids will be around and will be using the same facilities.

So I have been wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on how to combat this issue? I was looking for a smoke alarm that detects meth along with heroin, but I have been striking out.

????

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Drug test employees, fire offenders, repeat.

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
We already are subject to drug testing and are in a random pool as well. I don't think the employees are the ones I am worrying about.

these are the public bathrooms. I might be mistaken, but since there was ADA funding that we have to offer a ADA bathroom for public use.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would think the bigger concern would be the meth heads and junkies making off with inventory, destroying equipment and other wise acting like dope heads than the residue of their toxins in the crapper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in a small town and with in the last year 80% of the public restrooms have tested positive for toxins

Most $20 bill "test positive" for Cocaine, but you're not going to get high by handling them

You're seriously overreacting

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wouldn't a standard smoke alarm work for meth?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most smoke detectors these days are photoelectric, in simple terms a light on one side of a chamber, and a detector on the other side. If enough particles are in the chamber to obscure enough light, the detector goes into alarm. The alarm threshold depends on both the quantity and size of the particles. So yes, if someones puffing on their meth pipe, the alarm would go off at some point.

If I lived somewhere that you'd have to worry about meth heads sparking up in your companies bathrooms, I'd make moving somewhere else priority number one.

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Snyper
I live in a small town and with in the last year 80% of the public restrooms have tested positive for toxins

Most $20 bill "test positive" for Cocaine, but you're not going to get high by handling them

You're seriously overreacting

I very well could be. I have been told that once you test positive the "only" way to decontaminate is to gut the bathroom down to the studs and rebuild it. SO at the very least it is a financial issue. I will do a little more research on the harmfulness of absorbing it through your skin and worry about that later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Wouldn't a standard smoke alarm work for meth?

Just a guess - it sounds like someone wants to single out the meth-heads, while accommodating the tobacco smokers. There's a simple answer for this...

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Google says a smoke alarm will not work as Meth Smoke is a vapor and dissipates too quickly.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Only one I can come up with is a 175 gr Sierra BTHP at 2700 fps from a 308 Winchester.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
they would take your smoke alarm apart and make a bowl or bong out of it laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Order a couple dogs from Ingwe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drug test new employees when hiring. Don't hire convicted felons. Drug test employees involved in accidents.

If you have corporate policies that affect these issues, you will have to comply with them. Some companies, for example, will require a full time employee to enter rehab if they fail a drug test.

I had an excellent employee once - never had a bit of trouble from him, and a great worker. He had a strange accident on the job, we tested him, and his cocaine level was so high that the lab wondered how he was alive. We fired him, but he was rehired by another guy a couple years later, after supposedly cleaning up his act.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Drug test new employees when hiring. Don't hire convicted felons. Drug test employees involved in accidents.

If you have corporate policies that affect these issues, you will have to comply with them. Some companies, for example, will require a full time employee to enter rehab if they fail a drug test.

I had an excellent employee once - never had a bit of trouble from him, and a great worker. He had a strange accident on the job, we tested him, and his cocaine level was so high that the lab wondered how he was alive. We fired him, but he was rehired by another guy a couple years later, after supposedly cleaning up his act.

He already said more than once it's a PUBLIC restroom, and he's not worried about the employees

I have been told that once you test positive the "only" way to decontaminate is to gut the bathroom down to the studs and rebuild it

Was the person who told you that in the remodeling business?
It sounds like a big load of BS to me unless they have set up a lab in there to MAKE Meth, and not just smoke it

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
It was the maintenance department from another company. I guess they had to go to a seminar, or whatever you want to call it, to learn how to decon for meth.

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunner500
Only one I can come up with is a 175 gr Sierra BTHP at 2700 fps from a 308 Winchester.

I would guess that a 40gr hp at 1050fps from a suppressed 22lr would be just as effective. But I can see your point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I would think the bigger concern would be the meth heads and junkies making off with inventory, destroying equipment and other wise acting like dope heads than the residue of their toxins in the crapper.

Agree with this post.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Recreational drug use is a victimless crime. I heard. crazy

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You'll end up with residue and broken smoke detectors.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.