Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Lawdwaz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 78CJ
I am guessing he wanted them to box it up. I can tell you that when people wanted me to box up a gun, they paid more than shipping cost, maybe not $120 but I was not doing it for the actual cost of shipping. I put a lot of effort into making sure the gun gets to its destination in one piece.

Note the OP where I mentioned I was going to send a box and case to the seller to ship the gun back to me in.

The deal IS done/finished/over. The FFL was emailed to the seller but the box and check didn't get sent, thankfully.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I sold a Colt Anaconda to a guy in NM 2 months ago and my FFL handled the shipment since his FFl wouldn't handle it from an individual. Shipping USPS priority mail and 2k worth of insurance was 60 bucks . Just saying

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I sold a Colt Anaconda to a guy in NM 2 months ago and my FFL handled the shipment since his FFl wouldn't handle it from an individual. Shipping USPS priority mail and 2k worth of insurance was 60 bucks . Just saying

I was under the impression that no handguns can be shipped USPS, FFL or not

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 78CJ
I am guessing he wanted them to box it up. I can tell you that when people wanted me to box up a gun, they paid more than shipping cost, maybe not $120 but I was not doing it for the actual cost of shipping. I put a lot of effort into making sure the gun gets to its destination in one piece.

Same at our store. If we have to wrap it, pad it, box it, insure it, and mail it, they get charged for it. If my staff is doing the customer's work ( and not on the sales floor ), the customer pays. We over-pack it to insure that there are no accidents with the contents.

Or, the customer can do it for themselves. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by noKnees

You got the wrong impression. wink FFL to FFL may use USPS for handguns and a Flat Rate Priority Mail Box is perfect for almost all handguns. Usually costs around $30-35 including lots of insurance.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Nope FFL can use them

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
If they plan to ship UPS or FedEx and tell them its a firearm; they will require next day and it can be $100; not so USPS.

That is totally not so.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do most of my shooting business with one store. They process all of my online purchases without charge. If I wish to sell something they gladly take it on consignment, and actively promote it for my asking price. For the consignment sale they charge a 10% fee.

These guys are older than me, by a bit, and I dread the day they pull the pin and retire...

Edit; I have never sold any firearm online, so I have no experience with that process.

Last edited by johnw; 12/13/14.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
If they plan to ship UPS or FedEx and tell them its a firearm; they will require next day and it can be $100; not so USPS.

That is totally not so.

Actually he is correct in my experience... One of the reasons I do not use them unless forced.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

That is totally not so.

Last time I checked (about two months ago), that was true only for handguns, not long guns, and second-day air was acceptable. However, UPS will no longer accept shipments of firearms of any kind from my home, despite my having had an account for over ten years and having shipped many different firearms, both long guns and handguns, in the past. Unfortunately, policies seem to be changing almost daily our current political climate, so I call or email customer service before trying to ship a firearm via either UPS or FedEx these days.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Any of you guys ever have to send a copy of your Drivers License when sending a rifle to an FFL? I was just asked for this and have never had this before.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by bigswede358
Any of you guys ever have to send a copy of your Drivers License when sending a rifle to an FFL? I was just asked for this and have never had this before.

I have been asked before and regularly do it, although I black out the information not needed for the bound book.

I have had issues where I bought a rifle and when it arrived at my FFL there was no info to fill out the entry into the bound book, no name or address and then the seller went silent.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have been asked before and regularly do it, although I black out the information not needed for the bound book.

I have had issues where I bought a rifle and when it arrived at my FFL there was no info to fill out the entry into the bound book, no name or address and then the seller went silent.

Thanks for the reply, I have never been asked this before. I guess its not a big deal, just threw up a red flag. I like the idea of blacking out some info not needed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dealer will not transfer a gun to me without a copy of the seller's drivers license (if shipping from an individual). I don't think it's unusual for a dealer to request that.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 257heaven
My dealer will not transfer a gun to me without a copy of the seller's drivers license (if shipping from an individual). I don't think it's unusual for a dealer to request that.

+1... It's unusual if a seller (whom is a non licensee) doesn't send a copy of their drivers license...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Thanks for the reply, I have never been asked this before. I guess its not a big deal, just threw up a red flag. I like the idea of blacking out some info not needed.

It's a damn big deal if you are the buyer and the seller doesn't send their info. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 257heaven

+1... It's unusual if a seller (whom is a non licensee) doesn't send a copy of their drivers license...

Because there is absolutely no way to verify ANYTHING from a license copy it is without value, completely! I seldom get it because I never ask for it. I know who the seller is and that info goes in my book because it is required; but it is valueless.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
i tape all that to the outside

DL
SSN
Bank #s
Investment#s

etc. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's a damn big deal if you are the buyer and the seller doesn't send their info. Just sayin..

Exactly how is it a big deal to the buyer?

A name and address is all that is required for the records, and it is never sworn information nor verified in any reasonable way.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I guess its not a big deal, just threw up a red flag. I like the idea of blacking out some info not needed.

It's a damn big deal if you are the buyer and the seller doesn't send their info. Just sayin.. [/quote]

I said it was NOT a big deal. I have always provided my information just have never been asked for photo ID. I have only ever shipped maybe half dozen or so rifles and this has never come up.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.