Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just like any other career choice, a person can be motivated toward a career in L.E. by a combination of factors. I've always believed that examining those factors is the key to weeding out those who are going to be problem cops as far as abuse of authority.

Corruption,laziness,lack of integrity, etc. are human failings and are likely found in L.E. personnel in about the same degree as all professions. But the ramifications of those moral failings don't pose the threat to society that the abuse of authority does.

When the screening process allows an abuser to become a cop, the cops he is working with on a daily basis are best positioned to see it.

What the individual cop does upon observing this tendency in a rookie is either the problem, or the solution, to Law Enforcement's abuse of their fellow citizens.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems black parents might consider the same with their 'Good Kids'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before you do that,REQUIRE mandatory strict background checks for all candidates for elective office. Same standard as for NYS pistol permits. Same samo for appointed department heads from local to fed. This would include a mental health check. Then do the same for teachers. Fail and you are ineligible. Re-certify every 6 years. Fail and you are Out.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you get a bull$hit ticket or somethin' recently. I agree with the sentiments you've been posting on this subject; just curious...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How can you get rid of something that doesn't exist? Most of the videos allegedly showing police in the wrong show numerous other officers observing and assisting them in the alleged wrong doing. If there was anything really wrong with what we were seeing then the officers observing/assisting would step in, but they do not.

Heck, Darren Wilson is in a video from 2013 making an arrest due to being video taped and then he wrote up a report making all sorts of claims about what happened that clearly did not. Did the PD arrest him? Nope. Did the prosecutor(who runs the MO grand jury) go after him? Nope. So it is evident that making false arrest and writing false reports are in the scope of an officer's authority in the state of MO. If you don't like it, why don't you ride along with a cop or get a job in LE? Or are you too chicken to risk getting shot in the face like Serpico did for sticking his nose where it did not belong?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by sherp
How can you get rid of something that doesn't exist? Most of the videos allegedly showing police in the wrong show numerous other officers observing and assisting them in the alleged wrong doing. If there was anything really wrong with what we were seeing then the officers observing/assisting would step in, but they do not.

Heck, Darren Wilson is in a video from 2013 making an arrest due to being video taped and then he wrote up a report making all sorts of claims about what happened that clearly did not. Did the PD arrest him? Nope. Did the prosecutor(who runs the MO grand jury) go after him? Nope. So it is evident that making false arrest and writing false reports are in the scope of an officer's authority in the state of MO. If you don't like it, why don't you ride along with a cop or get a job in LE? Or are you too chicken to risk getting shot in the face like Serpico did for sticking his nose where it did not belong?

You're real name is Micheal Moore isn't it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
From the amount of contacts done in a 24 hour period vs incidents, its a rare instance.

But for that I actually agree, I think there should be some kind of probation step period.

We have that in vol fire service here and we've weeded out some real trophies in those time frames if you will.

The real problem today though is management not firing the problem if there is one. INstead EVERYONE usually ends up paying.... which sucks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Before you do that,REQUIRE mandatory strict background checks for all candidates for elective office. Same standard as for NYS pistol permits. Same samo for appointed department heads from local to fed. This would include a mental health check. Then do the same for teachers. Fail and you are ineligible. Re-certify every 6 years. Fail and you are Out.

Yep, treat them just like police get treated. Here is an NYPD officer who was exhibiting odd behavior so the good/normal cops hauled him for an evaluation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
From the amount of contacts done in a 24 hour period vs incidents, its a rare instance.

Thank God we do not base the creation and enforcement of laws intended for civilians based on the percentage of civilians who do not commit crimes. Thank God those same laws typically have written exemptions for(or lack of enforcement against) police officers or we wouldn't have anyone out making sure every civilian toe is on the line.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're real name is Micheal Moore isn't it

No, and just to be honest I have never heard the name "Micheal" before. What ethnic group uses that?

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

How dare you pine for true equality!!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Thank God we do not base the creation and enforcement of laws intended for civilians based on the percentage of civilians who do not commit crimes. Thank God those same laws typically have written exemptions for(or lack of enforcement against) police officers or we wouldn't have anyone out making sure every civilian toe is on the line.

Most states do! One example. Most Speed limits are based on 85th percentile speeds done in survey of given stretch of roadway. In other words the top 15% of speeds surveyed are excluded from the survey. Been done like this for years.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Funny schitt right there! Scary part is that it might be true!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Most states do! One example. Most Speed limits are based on 85th percentile speeds done in survey of given stretch of roadway. In other words the top 15% of speeds surveyed are excluded from the survey. Been done like this for years.

Yeah I saw the news on the Washington State speed enforcement campaign where the officers were having to 20+ over the limit to make it to their LE conference on time and supported those officers just like you do.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
When did I ever become a LE officer???? I retired from Maintenance. LE different agency. They picked up the drunks, we picked up the beer cans.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 12/14/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When did I ever become a LE officer????

Beats me? I just noticed your support for police being able to drive however they see fit without fear of penalty.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Get rid of the union and the bad cops will be gone.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

But for that I actually agree, I think there should be some kind of probation step period.

We have that in vol fire service here and we've weeded out some real trophies in those time frames if you will.

The real problem today though is management not firing the problem if there is one. INstead EVERYONE usually ends up paying.... which sucks.

Out of the first 15 posts, yours is the only one to address the point of the O.P.

I'm obliged.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Before I do WHAT?

I actually agree with you with respect to ALL the entities you listed.

But why should WE be required to address all of that BEFORE cops can be expected to police their own ranks?

That IS what you suggest, you know.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Seems black parents might consider the same with their 'Good Kids'

What in hell has black kids and their parents got to do with MY post?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 78 invisible), 3,077 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.