Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
In our small, rural, Texas towns, the ideal city cop is a guy who is practically unemployable at anything else. An obese, lazy guy who ain't gonna get out of his car except at the Allsups C.S.

I've said it before and it's worth saying again...

Most small towns shouldn't even have a police department for that very reason, they should just let the Sheriff's deputies take care of everything. Most towns would be much better off subsidizing a deputy or two to stay in town full time.

Now, paying a decent wage to a cop doesn't guarantee you won't hire idiots or slugs, I know that first hand. But it does allow you to be a little more selective and your odds of hiring an idiot or slug go down significantly.

The only kind of guy who's willing to work for poverty-line wages to do a cop's job is the kind of guy you don't want doing the job.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The only kind of guy who's willing to work for poverty-line wages to do a cop's job is the kind of guy you don't want doing the job.

Well, at least if he's older than 25. If he's younger than that he's a different kind of dangerous.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes when I mentioned the deviation from the 85% tile here was allowed. In cases of high accident rate, driveway saturation, etc. the state deviation allowed was 7mph. You had to have ample documentation for these deviations.

I mentioned school zones. But they are a different creature and the deviation I mentioned (go back and look) also has to have ample documentation for approval.
But speed limits based on 50th % percentiles were unheard of here. I dunno what states do that.

So I havta ask. What are you really driving at here? Planning a trip to our state? We already have some pretty high speed limit postings here now. 80mph ain't out of the ordinary on a lot of highways.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by antlers
Did you get a bull$hit ticket or somethin' recently. I agree with the sentiments you've been posting on this subject; just curious...?

Ain't had a ticket in 20 years at least.

Over the last 55 years, I've been hassled, beat on, and lied about by cops in at least 5 states and one foreign country. Funny how they were nice and friendly [except for the little punkass Lake Worth City cop who threatened to "blow me away", from behind, and had his pistol trained on me] until their buddies arrived.

I've been exactly 11 of their jails. I'd say about half the personnel were "professional" in their demeanor, and about half acted as if they were auditioning for a part in the latest cop show on TV.

So, given my own experiences with cops, I don't join in the "Hero Chorus" defending them when they shoot homeowners in their homes because they went to the wrong address. Or shoot a former Marine in his home, using 71 bullets in the process, knowing his wife and child are in the house. Or gun down a mentally ill man who is carving a block of wood.

FWIW........ I have NO felony convictions. I have a CCL issued by the state of Texas.

I've never subscribed to the idea that I should kowtow to a cop just so he won't mistreat me. And, I suppose you could say, I've paid the price for it.

There's only one common thing about all your contacts with various agencies. You. I'm thinking, just off the top of my head, that maybe it's you. If you've had that much contact, been in that many jails, the problem most likely stems from you.

Just sayin

Ya think?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In our small, rural, Texas towns, the ideal city cop is a guy who is practically unemployable at anything else. An obese, lazy guy who ain't gonna get out of his car except at the Allsups C.S.

I've said it before and it's worth saying again...

Most small towns shouldn't even have a police department for that very reason, they should just let the Sheriff's deputies take care of everything. Most towns would be much better off subsidizing a deputy or two to stay in town full time.

Now, paying a decent wage to a cop doesn't guarantee you won't hire idiots or slugs, I know that first hand. But it does allow you to be a little more selective and your odds of hiring an idiot or slug go down significantly.

Yep, Oklahoma City is a very small town.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nce-victims-list-grows-article-1.2000120

Daniel Holtzclaw would have figured out some better way to deal with the suspects that raping them had he been getting compensated more than the current double the average per capita income of the area.

http://www.okc.gov/okcpd/recruiting/index.html

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/40/4055000.html

Think he would have figured out a way to keep it from making the news had be been making 500K+ per year instead of only 50K+?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Yes when I mentioned the deviation from the 85% tile here was allowed. In cases of high accident rate, driveway saturation, etc. the state deviation allowed was 7mph. You had to have ample documentation for these deviations.

I mentioned school zones. But they are a different creature and the deviation I mentioned (go back and look) also has to have ample documentation for approval.
But speed limits based on 50th % percentiles were unheard of here. I dunno what states do that.

So I havta ask. What are you really driving at here? Planning a trip to our state? We already have some pretty high speed limit postings here now. 80mph ain't out of the ordinary on a lot of highways.

Did not know it was 80mph there. Pretty wild considering officers and their spouses are allowed to go somewhere around 30 over posted limits most places I have been. Pretty good deal on that especially after seeing how false arrests, false convictions, and roadside cavity searches in your state are handled to compensate those involved for their otherwise low pay.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You probably enjoy the body cavity searches.. If you ever leave your momma's basement

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
You probably enjoy the body cavity searches.. If you ever leave your momma's basement

Haven't had that happen to me yet, but fully support you and yours doing it since you feel it is a form of compensation in lieu of salary.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Only at the Fire can an eleven time arrestee across five states and two countries be considered an expert in how police should behave.

Well. The folks who's only interaction with cops is a traffic stop are more inclined to believe your B.S. about "a few bad apples".

See, I can't stop you from arresting me, but I can hire lawyers and get your bullschitt charges dismissed.

Of course, that didn't cost you a damn thing.

But I have the satisfaction of knowing that the six firearms you cops confiscated in 4 different arrests were ALL returned to me and YOUR charges dismissed.

4 different arrests? How is it you are getting their attention?

"You cops". So much for a few bad apples.

Well... I "got their attention" generally by breaking a traffic law. Oddly enough, once the cops filed an "unlawful carrying" charge, the original infraction often didn't get mentioned or was dismissed with it.

As far as "you cops"........ there damn sure IS a "cop culture" and it is something I've never encountered in any other occupational group.

More than any other occupation, it seems to me, they allow their job to define them. I doubt it's intentional with the majority, but it's there.

It's not "espirit de corps", a good thing that binds a truly elite unit [Tx DPS, for instance], but an assumed and undeserved sense of being special just by virtue of being a cop.

It's more easily seen on this forum than anyplace we're likely to visit in the real world.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wrong. It's nothing more than sharing a perspective that nobody else has. It's not something we like either, but it is something that we have to live with, and it helps sometimes to know that somebody else has seen what you have seen. Kinda like rehab.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Any cop that doesn't see what somebody takes out of their glove compartment is an idiot. If somebody picks up a pistol without telling me first...they're probably gonna die. Sorry. That's the way it is."

Naw... you wouldn't have shot me in the back just because you saw me lay a holstered revolver on the dashboard. The little Bluedreaux-looking Lake Worth cop was not actually afraid I was gonna hurt him and I for sure wouldn't have scared you, or Bluedreaux. {that IS the point where you shoot, isn't it?]

It was probably the first excuse he'd ever had to draw his pistol and he used the excuse. Then...... it scared hell out of him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your probably right. FWIW, I wish you wouldn't do stuff like that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Wrong. It's nothing more than sharing a perspective that nobody else has. It's not something we like either, but it is something that we have to live with, and it helps sometimes to know that somebody else has seen what you have seen. Kinda like rehab.

What you just posted would seem to me to describe Morticians better than cops, but I've never encountered a "Mortician culture".

I wouldn't know about rehab. Never been there.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Your probably right. FWIW, I wish you wouldn't do stuff like that.

CHL's made it unnecessary since BOTH parties have it spelled out exactly what is required when their paths cross.

Of course, the CHL holder probably knows the regs better than the AVERAGE cop he's likely to encounter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me either, but unfortunately, I know lots who have. There is no substitution for walking in another mans shoes.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Get rid of the union and the bad cops will be gone.

No.

But it'd sure help. A lot.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by antlers
Did you get a bull$hit ticket or somethin' recently. I agree with the sentiments you've been posting on this subject; just curious...?

Ain't had a ticket in 20 years at least.

Over the last 55 years, I've been hassled, beat on, and lied about by cops in at least 5 states and one foreign country. Funny how they were nice and friendly [except for the little punkass Lake Worth City cop who threatened to "blow me away", from behind, and had his pistol trained on me] until their buddies arrived.

I've been exactly 11 of their jails. I'd say about half the personnel were "professional" in their demeanor, and about half acted as if they were auditioning for a part in the latest cop show on TV.

So, given my own experiences with cops, I don't join in the "Hero Chorus" defending them when they shoot homeowners in their homes because they went to the wrong address. Or shoot a former Marine in his home, using 71 bullets in the process, knowing his wife and child are in the house. Or gun down a mentally ill man who is carving a block of wood.

FWIW........ I have NO felony convictions. I have a CCL issued by the state of Texas.

I've never subscribed to the idea that I should kowtow to a cop just so he won't mistreat me. And, I suppose you could say, I've paid the price for it.

There's only one common thing about all your contacts with various agencies. You. I'm thinking, just off the top of my head, that maybe it's you. If you've had that much contact, been in that many jails, the problem most likely stems from you.

Just sayin

Ya think?

Laughin'...

As I often tell people. "What is the common denominator in all these scenarios?"

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's possible that some people attract dumbphuckery.

Like a dipschit magnet.

I know I do. But I consider it a gift, otherwise, I'd have nothing to laugh about.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Curdog, the term commonly used to describe persons arrested as many times as you is loser. Act like a dick and get treated accordingly.

You should learn your ghetto speak for future encounters; HANDS UP-DON'T SHOOT.

MORON

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of course, the CHL holder probably knows the regs better than the AVERAGE cop he's likely to encounter.

Well sure. For most CHL "holders", it is the only law they really know well.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.