-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat, as a citizen stepping out of your profession, do the interdiction things bother you. When i get stopped for the registration inspections in a car, it pisses me off. It may be interdiction and I am not seeing that. If so that is better, in my eyes, but if they're looking to fine me for paperwork that is wrong. Not trying to argue but it is hard to balance making your job easier, which should benefit all, with a cop screwing with me. Have spent years driving trucks, those rules are different. They don't bother me, just part of the job

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Pat, as a citizen stepping out of your profession, do the interdiction things bother you.

Not if it's done right, by professionals with the right knowledge and intent. As with everything else in police work, that is often not the case. There are plenty people wearing a badge that, for a plethora of reasons, shouldn't be. There are also a lot of young LEOs that just have a lot to learn. I don't see that ever changing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've made some pretty stupid stops in the wee hours of the morning.
-No license plate light
-Failed to signal within 100' of a lane change
-Failed to stop at the designated stop line for a stop sign

So far, 100% of the time when I've said...."That's what I stopped you for, but really I'm just looking for drunks and bad guys. You're not either of those, so drive safe and have a nice evening.".....people have gone from pissed off to happy immediately.

But some cops have terrible people skills, or they're stressed out about money, or they're tired from being up all day with sick kids, or they're in a bad mood because they're always reading articles about "I can't breathe" in the news and on the Fire. So they don't bother explaining anything at all.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I would love to have you stop me and have me do a field sobriety test. Because of a back injury I am often not sure exactly where my left leg is and even if I do it does not listen to me all the time. Then there is the Meniere's disease which causes vertigo and cerebellar gait. There is no way I could pass. smile

Not much chance of that happening since for the safety of everyone on the road I quit driving.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the response guy. We all tend to focus on the bad and not remember the good one cop having a bad day or with a bad attitude and we judge them all. As a long haul truck driver I "met" a few cops. Most were fair to good encounters and I deserved many more fines than I got. Only one was unfair, as I told the cop, although I admitted I was breaking the law. Still paid a fine.https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/tongue.gif

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm curious on a search with PC, is a car destroyed as in seats cut open or anything like that, or is it just contents emptied next to the highway?
And thank you very much for answering my questions, I appreciate it.

No problem, shared expertise is what brings most people to the 'fire. "Probably cause" is just that. Cause the would make a reasonable police officer (not person) believe that something is/has occurred. If I have PC to believe you have a stolen TV in you vehicle, I can't look in the glove compartment for it. On the other hand, if the PC is for something small, you can look anywhere it may be contained. We don't make a habit of damaging things unless we know we have to.

So you always have reason to believe every vehicle is hiding something small unless they are driven by a police officer. Cool.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go away maggot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems an awful lot of LE, here, are willing to intrude on our personal lives and give away our rights. Never would I give permission to search.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fishing with a gill net is good, because sometimes you catch big fish.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
Seems an awful lot of LE, here, are willing to intrude on our personal lives and give away our rights. Never would I give permission to search.

If you're a criminal, I'll be more than happy to intrude on your personal life...take your rights away too.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal

If you're a criminal, I'll be more than happy to intrude on your personal life...take your rights away too.

And even if he isn't committing a crime you can still remove his valuables via civil asset forfeiture and be happy about that too.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sherp

And even if he isn't committing a crime you can still remove his valuables via civil asset forfeiture and be happy about that too.

Everyone goes home happy.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal

I willing to bet even if I'm not a criminal and holier than the Pope you would still be willing to do that.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Please don't quote the [bleep]. Quotes are the only way I can see his crap.

OOPS got a BLEEP, The word was a$$hole.

Last edited by Scott F; 12/17/14.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by pal

I willing to bet even if I'm not a criminal and holier than the Pope you would still be willing to do that.

I doubt it. Mental commitments are a PITA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What constitutes a criminal?

And don't say someone who breaks the law. There are so many laws out there that everyone one of us breaks dozens of laws every day including the police. By the very nature of the beast we are a lawless society. So back to my original question what constitutes a criminal?

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ask Gus. I'm too tired.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
What constitutes a criminal?

And don't say someone who breaks the law.

To a criminal, everyone else is a criminal, too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ask Gus. I'm too tired.

Why so tired? Have you been drinking? Where are you coming from?
Maybe we should have a look at what is in your car,you don't mind, do you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Backroads
Ask Gus. I'm too tired.

Why so tired? Have you been drinking? Where are you coming from?
Maybe we should have a look at what is in your car,you don't mind, do you?

He's a police lieutenant yes he does mind and no you can't.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1936M71, 219 Wasp, 257 roberts, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.