Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
RIP Mickey.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad.

I was looking for his comments towards some of you fellows that have lost dogs recently, seemed Mickey had a huge place in his heart for dogs and it always warmed my heart to see him wear his heart out on his sleeve when it came to discussing our four legged friends.

Never a harsh word, you're a fine man and will be missed by so many, thank you for being you.

Rest In Peace.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear a genuine down home good guy was lost.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I hope Mickey is surrounded by his beloved dogs and hummingbirds. A good man, for sure. He knew what life was about, and what was important. RIP.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I always read anything Mickey posted when I saw it. Really enjoyed his particular style of humor. Going to be tough not seeing him posting here anymore.
Bet his "babies" sure are missing him tonight.
Sincere condolences and prayers for comfort and strength to his family and all who loved him.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to learn of this! I always looked forward to his posts. Prayers will be said for his family and friends.

Harry
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP Mickey.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mickey was a true class act and one that will obviously be missed dearly by many.

May God bless him and all those whose life he touched.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People like Mickey are irreplaceable. He was one of a kind.
Like everyone on this forum, I will miss his posts.
Rest in peace Mickey.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have lost a true gentleman from our midst. He is unreplaceable. Even though I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, we're both Alabama boys and I often felt we were kindred spirits. Some of the nicest, most thoughtful things I've ever seen put into words came from Mickey. I feel like a part of my heart has been torn out. Rest in Peace, Mickey. If there has ever been anyone that has been reunited with his dogs and met his Savior, I know it's you.

And may God comfort and bless your family.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seemed like he was well prepared to meet his maker. Prayers for those he left behind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Second piece of bad news today rest in peace Mickey.

The first piece of bad news a little after noon toda the wife's sister called telling her that their twenty-three-year-old nephew had hit black ice on I86 this morning and was killed instantly and that his fiance was in a Pocatello hospital in critical condition with a broken back and both legs broken.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many of the posters on this site are .... lets just say "not class acts".

I never post on these types of posts but MC did in fact appear to be a really good guy.

I hope his family will see these posts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He must have been a tough son of a gun, or have a high threshold of pain..posting one day and gone the next. R I P

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God speed, Mickey. You will be missed.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Prayers for Mickey's family! I will miss his posting!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I found a couple of his first posts, you can tell by them what a fine person he was.

"Now that the cat's out of the bag let me comment on the choice of barrels and gunsmiths. All gunsmiths would like for y'all to think that we are wizards and the greatest thing since sliced bread but the truth is you can only fit, thread, chamber a barrel exactly. It's not magic.
The real secret is finding a good barrel. Cheaha got a good one but you get a high percentage of good barrels from Douglas. That's why I like them.

Now, for those who think the gunsmith is the secret to accuracy consider this: if this were the case then when Tony Boyer gets Dwight Scott to chamber up 20 barrels he should get 18 good ones.....right? It doesn't happen.
Sometimes he only gets one or two that will shoot to the level he needs and yet the same gunsmith chambered them all and has been doing Tony's work for years. Tony, himself, will tell you....barrels, barrels, barrels.

Now, don't read into this that the gunsmith is not important. He is but there a lot of good gunsmiths out there. Mike Bryant is great and a good friend. So is Billy Stevens but if you get a good gunsmith to install a barrel and it doesn't shoot like a world beater the sad truth is that it probably just doesn't have it.

No barrelmaker, gunsmith, shooter, handloader or anybody else can look at a barrel and tell if it will shoot. The only way to know is chamber it and shoot it.
Learn how to tune a barrel and you've got half the battle won.

It's good to find you guys. This looks like a good forum.
I especially like the forum that is not afraid to say out loud that they're Christians. I've been since 1980 and can recommend it without reservation."

"Will do Mistr.... Mickey!

Loc: Greenville, AL
Quote:

Will do Mistr.... Mickey!

Thenkyewverymuch! We're going to have fun here, ain't we?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still can't believe he's gone. crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I really hate to hear this. He is a true gentleman and will be missed. I say is, and not was because I know Mickey is more alive now with the Lord than he ever was here on this earth.

We are diminished by his passing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the years you granted to Mickey Coleman before taking him home. Thank you for allowing him to share his kindness and gentle spirit here on the Fire. Thank you for the kindness you placed in Mickey's heart to help and love so many dogs and pups....and even those that had been abandoned and left to die. May his life inspire others to do the same.

My heart is sad for those closest to him ..his wife, his children, grandchildren, close friends...and his "babies". Please send your Holy Spirit, the Great Comforter to be with them during this difficult time. I ask that you would provide comfort and peace and love. Please hear their cries and hold them close.

In your holy name,
Amen

Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, BallisticBRYAN, Alan_Robertson, 13 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 715 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,638
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.