Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's funny, but I always clicked on the threads he started, but seldom did more than just read them and the responses. I just knew that I'd find his thoughts and musings interesting. I clicked on the one he started Tuesday, saying he was headed back to the hospital - and was struck with a bit of a chill at the tone. You see, I'm an oncology nurse with a lot of hospice experience, and something in the way he expressed his feelings that he needed to be in the hospital, sent a silent message to me that he was indeed frightened, but that he had faith that it would be his best hope.

Last night, when I got home and read the thread that he'd passed on, my first thought was shock and I said: "Oh no." out loud. My wife asked me what was wrong and I was tearing up.

I've never met the man. I'd probably engaged him half a dozen times in the years I've participated here, but I can't say I've ever read a word he'd written that wasn't in some way a reflection of a kind soul, a "gentle" man and a big heart.

"Go Rest High, On That Mountain."

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just now noted about Mickeys passing and was shocked. Had seen his note about having to go back to the hospital but thought it was probably a routine thing. Only had direct contact with him once when I was having problems with the Campfire forums and he helped without complaint.

He will be sorely missed by all.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I caught that too, Dan, when I read his last post. I sure hated to open this one yesterday.

As well as a love for the rifle, Mickey and I shared a common interest in digging in the dirt. Years back I walked him through swapping a worn out Briggs & Stratton engine out for a fresh new Honda, on his Troybilt Roto-Tiller,...sent over copies of the service manual, and exchanged many PMs regarding the job. Subsequently we PM'd back and forth, noodling around on either metal or soil and seed. I never got to meet him, but the depth of affection and friendship that he always responded with just FLOORED me.

I've got a packet of Spaghetti and Butternut Squash seed that he sent over lying on the desk here in front of me,....and will be planting "Mickey's Patch" , this coming Spring.

I think he'd like that mode of remembrance.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sad news indeed.

RIP Mickey. You will be missed.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Real sad to here of Mickeys passing.I don't post very often, but read the fire once or twice every day. Always enjoyed reading Mickeys posts, and everything being said about him came through each post he made. Wish I could have met him like many here did, but in a way feel as though I did just reading his posts.
May God bless his family at this time.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for Mickey and his family.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I always enjoyed his posts because he always seemed to enjoy sharing his knowledge. He will be missed. RIP

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Damn... just, damn. frown

My condolences to Mickey's family and friends.

I have no other words than repeat these..................... frown

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
� he always seemed to enjoy sharing his knowledge. �

Vital point!

That joy can be so easily crushed.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The last time I spoke with him he had mentioned to me that he thought he was near the end. I told him that I would pray that the Lord would be merciful and take him in his sleep.
We will meet one sweet day, Mickey.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was one of the classiest guys on here. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't post much here, but I always enjoyed reading his threads. He came across as a gentleman and he was always upbeat and good-humored.

RIP

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just logged in and seen this news. Dang it! RIP Mickey and prayers to your family.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Mic" Coleman was a nice fella... and a true gentleman. His posts were excellent and to-the-point and he "dis'd" no one... ever.

The world is a lesser place without him in it... and I'm truly sorry to hear of his passing. frown

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm really f'ing upset about this. frown

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mickey build my first custom rifle. RIP Mickey!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I have a feeling Mickey is saying this now:

I believe the same Sakoluvr. May this song promote healing and hope as survivors grieve Mickey's passing. May it provide strength for those who are left to deal with the everyday tasks at home and the care of his "pups".

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Damn... just, damn. frown

My condolences to Mickey's family and friends.

I have no other words than repeat these..................... frown

May I also borrow them.

One of the good guys too soon gone. Life is fragile. Rest in Peace Mickey.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone know how young he was?

Last edited by okok; 12/18/14.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am sorry/stunned to hear of Micks passing. Prayers for his family are lifted from my house. A glass will be raised later.

BP...

Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,544
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.