Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a beard since about 82, while still in the Army.
Its been off a few times, but was always short and trimmed nicely. A wahl beard trimmed worked great!
I had to shave for an H2s location, the day before I decided to give the oil field up and stay at home.
Started it back and just let it go.
The stash stays cut, as I don't like it over my lip.
Im old, and the grey will stay. None to hide it from or impress.
Wife likes the whole grey/length thing, so that's all that matters.
Never had it this long, so it does feel kinda different.
And no backie juice is in it, I don't chew.

And I have the weather channel on right now, and WOW, does she have some legs!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife has never seen me without a beard, and probably never will. My kids do not remember what I looked like without one as I grew it when they were pretty small.

Had a full beard at first, now a Goatee for the past 15 years or so. I have ALWAYS kept my mustache trimmed away from my lip, whiskers over a lip is gross and unkept looking. My wife tells me that no woman would want to kiss a mouth/lips with whiskers growing over it.

I have let my chin whiskers grow a bit longer since retireing and again riding Harleys, but my sweetie likes it a bit shorter, so shorter it is.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A little over three years growth on my beard this time. Come close to shaving it completely off a few times but haven't mainly because I'm afraid our two youngest grandkids, 4yrs and 1yr, wouldn't recognize me without it.

After mine gets to a certain length it seems to slow down growing, starts splitting ends, breaking off, and always shedding loose whiskers. I really need to trim it back some now just to even it up.

Personally, I never noticed just a full beard by itself being very much warmer in cold weather. For me, simply not doing the daily close shave thing then going out in the cold makes the biggest felt difference.

When your beard gets some length to it it can be pretty scary seeing yourself in the mirror some mornings after waking up with a bad hair day and a bad beard day both at the same time.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

A good beard day is when you find hair in it that isn't yours.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my kids are 32(twin girls)and have never seen me clean shaved.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looking good splatter! Kind of breaks up the monotony of your, uh....face. smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I trim mine every so often. I like it a little longer in the winter, a bit shorter when it warms back up. Have worn whiskers for many, many years now.
This picture was in November, over at my Son's house.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brush it, use conditioner, and occasionally trim the ends slightly to cut off the split ends to allow healthy part to grow. Eating proper nutrition helps hair/nails grow as well. This may help?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I trim mine every so often. I like it a little longer in the winter, a bit shorter when it warms back up. Have worn whiskers for many, many years now.
This picture was in November, over at my Son's house.
[Linked Image]

Glad to see Santa Claus is a shooter too. laugh

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Every year since I was in my early 30s I would shave on my birthday/first day of fall and I don't shave again till the first day of spring. this year I started a month early. its about 3.5" long, red with a few greys here and there. My plan is to eventually let my nose and ear hairs go and just comb them into the beard to blend so I don't have to buy those rotary nose hair trimmers.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grow a beard starting every fall and it's gone in the spring. Some years I've let it pretty much go and it's pretty untamed and quite thick. Last few years I start trimming it after a month or so.

It used to be when I'd shave it off I'd look younger, don't know what happened as it no longer seams to have the same effect?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 31 invisible), 1,990 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.