Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How you gonna 'splain this stuff to "your" base?
________

Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like LBJ as President
February 16, 2013 9:09:33 AM

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would strive to be like Lyndon Johnson, the Democrat famous for expanding the U.S. welfare state through the "Great Society," if he were elected president.

According to the Miami Herald, Bush made those comments Wednesday night in San Antonio, Florida at Saint Leo University, while speaking about education, immigration, and energy policy.

Bush did not address Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty programs, about which Ronald Reagan once famously quipped, "We had a war on poverty, and poverty won."

Instead, he was referencing Johnson's mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

He vowed to approach the presidency as "master of the Senate," as biographer Robert Caro described Johnson.

�He went and he cajoled, he begged, he threatened, he loved, he hugged, he did what leaders do, which is they personally get engaged to make something happen,�� Bush said of Johnson. Bush cited Caro's latest book about Johnson, The Passage of Power, which covers the first part of Johnson's presidency.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know much about Jeb Bush this side of the pond..

What sort of reputation does he have? Did he achieve power on the shirt tails of his dad and elder brother, or is a savvy Politian in his own right?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
screw lbj and jeb

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by stxhunter
screw lbj and jeb

There it is! Couldn't have said it better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Jeb makes it to the November ballot, the Democrats will win. Not me, but too many still hate on "W" and you know the media will ride that angle for all it is worth. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Suicide by Bush?

Bush league suicide?

Jeb-Aid?

Please Lord, we need a little help.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 12/19/14.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need to get him elected to Senate, more useful there I think..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
why doesnt he just run as Hillarys veep?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E

What sort of reputation does he have? Did he achieve power on the shirt tails of his dad and elder brother, or is a savvy Politian in his own right?

Pete, Jeb was a two term governor of Florida. Consensus is, that he did a bang up job in that capacity. He created jobs, lowered taxes, pushed for insurance reform, boosted education, held unions in check, boosted tourism, helped new industry to come to Florida, and gave us the Nation's first real CCW law.

That said, even then, he was pro "immigration reform", is married to a Mexican, does not seem able to manage his own family (lots of drug problems), and favored expanding government.

While he may well have been great for Florida, as the Governor, I am not really for him in the Presidential role.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kid0917

more use full still, the senate of a foreign country?

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still blame LBJ for the many deaths in Vietnam. The bastard. If that idiot said he wants to be like LBJ then he is a full blown a$$hole. I would never vote for anyone who feels that LBJ was something to look up too. LBJ was as bad a Jane Fonda, in my book.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Pete E

Pete, Jeb was a two term governor of Florida. Consensus is, that he did a bang up job in that capacity. He created jobs, lowered taxes, pushed for insurance reform, boosted education, held unions in check, boosted tourism, helped new industry to come to Florida, and gave us the Nation's first real CCW law.

That said, even then, he was pro "immigration reform", is married to a Mexican, does not seem able to manage his own family (lots of drug problems), and favored expanding government.

While he may well have been great for Florida, as the Governor, I am not really for him in the Presidential role.
The same could be said for Dubya in Texas Sam. I watched him closely while he was governor and he was very well liked. Then he completely changed while President. We got the Patriot Act and he said he'd sign an extension of the AWB if it passed his desk. Thank God it didn't.

I will not be voting for another Bush if that's who the Republicans choose to run.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugger
I still blame LBJ for the many deaths in Vietnam. The bastard. If that idiot said he wants to be like LBJ then he is a full blown a$$hole. I would never vote for anyone who feels that LBJ was something to look up too. LBJ was as bad a Jane Fonda, in my book.
Hear-hear.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would strive to be like Lyndon Johnson, the Democrat famous for expanding the U.S. welfare state through the "Great Society," if he were elected president.

If he said that, then he doesn't really want to be president very badly.

But, if the quote came from the MSM, I take it with a grain of salt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kid0917
As what? Another RINO? I'd pass..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Typical MSM misleading information. They know the average reader doesn't read past the first sentence, which is proven here in this thread.

Bush did not address Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty programs, Instead, he was referencing Johnson's mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

He vowed to approach the presidency as "master of the Senate," as biographer Robert Caro described Johnson.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
screw lbj and jeb

Sums it up nicely.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Jeb is a progressive republican. But he has a R in front of his name and the blind will still vote for him.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Typical MSM misleading information. They know the average reader doesn't read past the first sentence, which is proven here in this thread.

Bush did not address Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty programs, Instead, he was referencing Johnson's mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

" "Those who love sausage or legislation should NEVER watch either being made."

It has to do with compromises, components, and recipes. "

is that what the GOP is looking for? behind the scenes deal making and lack of transparency? (with pork as the currency of trade no less)

Last edited by KFWA; 12/19/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Just once I would like to be able to vote for the
Republican Presidential Candidate without holding
my nose.

Jeb will do what McCain and Mitt did. Get the dems
elected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,011 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,967
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.