Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was told by a very wise person a long time ago that the impact a man had in this world was measured by the length of his funeral procession.

The fact that some members that have not been here in a while or just stopped posting have suddenly re-emerged to pay him homage is proof enough of that wise statement.

It is a dark day for the members here but for Mickey it is a new beginning and he is indeed in a better place.

GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Mickey chambered and fitted the last barrel I had done, I really enjoyed dealing with him.
The world would be a much better place with more like him.
Marc

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is so sad to learn. Well beyond his first class rifle work and helpful kindnesses, Mickey was an excellent man. Like the most noble of the canines he loved, Mickey gave little hint of the depth of his illness and pain - stoically and quietly went to his end. A wonderful Christian has gone to meet God.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Godspeed Mickey. See you later.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
VERY sorry to hear of this.

RIP Mickey Coleman. Your kindness, thoughtfulness, will be sadly missed.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So sorry to hear this news. I never met Mickey, but always seemed like a true Southern gentleman.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mickey was a man of faith and I have no doubts about where he is right now. RIP Mr. Coleman.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On my way for a last visit to Rachel's Glen where Mickey's ashes will be spread this afternoon.

I think a fitting send-off, at least from me, is I'll be taking every one of the rifles Mickey built for me to the range this weekend, and I'll be burning powder.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by badger
On my way for a last visit to Rachel's Glen where Mickey's ashes will be spread this afternoon.

I think a fitting send-off, at least from me, is I'll be taking every one of the rifles Mickey built for me to the range this weekend, and I'll be burning powder.

I am sure you will treasure those rifles as well

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Very cool, Badger

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I am sure you will treasure those rifles as well

What a great way to honor Mr. Coleman!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rest in Peace Micky.

Clos

NRA Life Member

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've got a packet of Spaghetti and Butternut Squash seed that he sent over lying on the desk here in front of me,....and will be planting "Mickey's Patch" , this coming Spring.

I think he'd like that mode of remembrance.

GTC

I like that Greg. If you don't mind I believe I will do the same with my garden. Mickey's Patch!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry to hear. He was a gentleman.

-Ken

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've got a packet of Spaghetti and Butternut Squash seed that he sent over lying on the desk here in front of me,....and will be planting "Mickey's Patch" , this coming Spring.

I think he'd like that mode of remembrance.

GTC

I like that Greg. If you don't mind I believe I will do the same with my garden. Mickey's Patch!!

I can send you some of that Butternut seed, if you want some.

lemme know.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear this, always enjoyed his posts especially when he'd talk about his dogs. RIP Mickey.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My family and I are setting up a monthly donation plan in "Memory of Mickey Coleman" to the Butler County Humane Society's "Second Chance Rescue Program". It is located in Greenville, Alabama where Mickey lived.

http://butlercountyalhumanesociety.org/secondchance.html

I am thinking Mickey would have approved smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's very sad news. I never got to meet Mickey but spoke with him on the phone several times when he was building my 280. Seemed like we'd spend a few minutes discussing specifics about the rifle and then another 30 minutes just chewing the fat. He was a fine man and a true gentleman. He'll be sorely missed.
See ya on the other side Mickey.
Prayers for his family and pups.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got home a few minutes ago from Mickey's place. I am not a "religious" person per se, but I do believe in God, and that there is a heaven and hell. I'm pretty sure Mickey isn't in hell. I felt honored to be there, and I also saw some old friends and of course Dorothy and Mickey's children. Mickey's remains are scattered as per his wishes on his Rifle Range that he called Rachel's Glen, after his daughter.

Yes, dammit, I did get all choked up.

Mickey's son, Michael has found homes already for many of the dogs, and said he would contact me if there were some he couldn't rehome so I could post details on the Fire. The family has been keeping up with this thread and asked me to thank everyone for their sympathy and support.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got home a few minutes ago from Mickey's place. I am not a "religious" person per se, but I do believe in God, and that there is a heaven and hell. I'm pretty sure Mickey isn't in hell. I felt honored to be there, and I also saw some old friends and of course Dorothy and Mickey's children. Mickey's remains are scattered as per his wishes on his Rifle Range that he called Rachel's Glen, after his daughter.

Yes, dammit, I did get all choked up.

Mickey's son, Michael has found homes already for many of the dogs, and said he would contact me if there were some he couldn't rehome so I could post details on the Fire. The family has been keeping up with this thread and asked me to thank everyone for their sympathy and support.

I am glad you were able to go see Mickey's final wish fulfilled and visit with the family.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 31 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,620
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.