Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by sse
Make no mistake...the program is inspired and allows untold benefits. But, beware...when the paperwork is signed and the time comes, I've heard horror stories of next of kin getting the cold shoulder in dealing with the agencies, with no recourse. No-one needs drama at the loss of a loved one. Seems better to tell loved ones what your wishes are and what to do, as opposed to giving an agency unfettered power.

The nephew I went elk hunting with is a program coordinator for Gift of Life. He's the contact point between the relatives of the deceased and the medical team who will do the harvesting. His primary concern is the welfare of the family. Once they approve the donation he keeps the family informed on how the process is proceeding.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I am sure that is the case. I am just throwing that out there as something to be aware of and take steps to avoid.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Ringman
When I checked they told me my family would have to pay for the surgery to remove my organs. Until then I had it checked on my DL. Maybe one of you folks can correct me.

Not around here.

Research Gift of Life.

Around here it's Lions Eye & Tissue Bank. Got a call from a very nice lady shortly after Dad was pronounced, apparently the hospital alerted them. No cost for anything.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by eyeball
There isn't much demand for a holes but you have a good heart.

Don't know why not. It is a perfectly good a hole only ever used in one direction and no inflamed hemorrhoids.

Exit Only!!

I'm an organ donor but my license specifies no liberals! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Recycle me and burn the rest.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live today because a Mom who had just lost her only child offered me that child's liver. I had been on "the list" for only 2-hours and likely had only a few days to live.

Because of the meds I take, I cannot even donate blood. Wish there were someway I could help.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by eyeball
There isn't much demand for a holes but you have a good heart.

Don't know why not. It is a perfectly good a hole only ever used in one direction and no inflamed hemorrhoids.

Exit Only!!

I'm an organ donor but my license specifies no liberals! grin

I think I may have to add that to mine. That's a great idea. laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have no clue why anyone would not donate organs.

Pretty much the same with blood.

There are minor issues with both, like my wife can't do blood without passing out. THey finally said evidently with her low BP and small body size just don't do it again but thanks for the effort.

And you can't donate blood if you had cancer evidently.

But if possible, why not? Ain't doing you any good anymore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
And you can't donate blood if you had cancer evidently.

That's what I thought, too, but it depends on a few factors. I just recently was cleared to donate...come to think of it, this is a very good season to do so...

THey finally said evidently with her low BP and small body size just don't do it again but thanks for the effort.

Check out vaso vagal syncope. If one contemplates blood or medical procedures, can bring on fainting...not quite as dire as the blood pressure drop, but has the same result...haven't had a problem with that lately, either...my kid has it pretty bad, though.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My family knows I'll donate, the state doesnt.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.