Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm thinking there will eventually be a plea deal with him getting life without parole. Boston bomber will do the same deal.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Duckhunter; 12/20/14.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
yes, if he is sane, he'll dread it and weep as his life fades.
And, if he is insane, then he won't realize that he won't be home for breakfast the next day.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Absolutely. Execute him, and soon

The cost SHOULD BE one bullet. When execution costs run into seven-figure, we've lost our way.

Steve

Steve, electricity (or a bullet) is cheap, but it takes a dozen years of so for the legal system to play out. All the appeals are both expensive and lengthy; I didn't make the rules (as for the appeals process), but the Supreme Court has accepted the whole process. If someone doesn't like it, they can change the law.

As for the cost, consider the long term incarceration in special, isolated facilities (death row), the few (maybe a dozen or less) prisoners, requiring close individual guarding (24/7) by a high guard/prisoner ration, etc. Additionally, death cases require expensive legal representation, which is expensive.

As I said, the whole death penalty issue is an expensive proposition and since taxpayer money is in short supply and there are other needs (education, infrastructure, etc.), as long as the guilty will never see the outside again, why not save money and just keep him (or her) confined for life. I would keep them segregated from the general population and not allow them the "comforts" of prison life, but save the money for the outside world.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The death penalty is easily summed up. If you kill someone, you should die if it was planned or outright murder. Accidents are a different animal. We wont get into that here.

But murder gets you dead. It should anyway. 30 days to get your head where you want it, and set your affairs in order. Then, BANG! No life in prison and no seven figure costs. No botching the execution would be easy enough, bring several bullets.

This concept drives home the point to people that it is NOT ok to be out murdering. You WILL die if you murder. Trial will occur as per our legal system, but once it is over, you might get an appeal, but if convicted, BANG!

Why make it any harder than it has to be?

Should the parents of the recently executed feel bad? Yes, because they love their child. Ok, but your adult child committed a murder. As such, he must pay the price for his crime. Does that make an executioner a bad person? No, just a person doing their job.

The parents of the victims of the murder are in pain. The parents of the murderer are also in pain that their child did this. Unfortunately, they get more pain after he is killed. Facts of life.

Life aint fair, and if you are gonna be a criminal, life can be damn hard on you and your family.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He said he would welcome an agreement that imprisons Holmes for life and did not see how a possible death penalty would �bring peace to anybody, whether it's justice or not.�

I wont bring peace it'll bring closure.

KILL HIM!!!!!! Let Holmes' parents know what the other 12 parents feel like!

Why the urge to punish his parents, did they drive him to the theater?

Did the other 12 drive their kids?

Does either one of those statements matter?

What matters is he MURDERED 12 people,A life for a life!

My statement was made because of his parents pleading over his case. He had mental illness, institutionalize him!!

Last edited by 1tnhunter; 12/20/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good post ironeagle!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yes, publicly... before any other nutcases get any ideas.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, and should take place before years end.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is for the jury to decode after they hear the facts.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Well put Holmes aside for the moment, I don't think any of us would argue he is out of his gourde, do we execute the insane and mentally ill in this country? Do we execute the soldier who comes home messed up out of his mind and kills somebody?
It's a tough call, always will be a tough call.

I hope the Death Penalty is always a tough call for every jury deciding on it

I agree, who wants a blanket execution for the vet who shot Chris Kyle, what do we know about his troubles? Obviously that boy wasn't right in the head to shoot a fellow solider trying to help him through a hard time. Can't say, but I wonder what the odds of that guy shooting somebody was before he went overseas?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He said he would welcome an agreement that imprisons Holmes for life and did not see how a possible death penalty would �bring peace to anybody, whether it's justice or not.�

I wont bring peace it'll bring closure.

KILL HIM!!!!!! Let Holmes' parents know what the other 12 parents feel like!

Why the urge to punish his parents, did they drive him to the theater?

Did the other 12 drive their kids?

Does either one of those statements matter?

What matters is he MURDERED 12 people,A life for a life!

My statement was made because of his parents pleading over his case. He had mental illness, institutionalize him!!

So, was he mentally deranged, would you beg for your son?

Have you ever tried to institutionalize somebody over the age of 18? If you have, and you succeeded, my hats off to you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like for him to be killed. Ideally, the victims and their families should have a crack at him.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shove a bayonet through his chest and be done with it.

They can rinse off the bayonet and reuse it on another deserving PoS.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Give him the needle. Too bad they don't use the chair anymore.

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Well put Holmes aside for the moment, I don't think any of us would argue he is out of his gourde, do we execute the insane and mentally ill in this country? Do we execute the soldier who comes home messed up out of his mind and kills somebody?
It's a tough call, always will be a tough call.

I hope the Death Penalty is always a tough call for every jury deciding on it

I agree, who wants a blanket execution for the vet who shot Chris Kyle, what do we know about his troubles? Obviously that boy wasn't right in the head to shoot a fellow solider trying to help him through a hard time. Can't say, but I wonder what the odds of that guy shooting somebody was before he went overseas?

Un-friggin'-real. The PRK is truly a jacked up place.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Burn him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He worked for Obama's re-election, now he's insane or was he then?

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's broke send it back to the factory! That POS destroyed several lives so I have no issue with removing his ability to breathe.

Our Criminal Justice system looks at things different when it comes people who are clinically proven to be "insane" and it is a Legal Defense that can be used.

Both "temporary insanity" or "insanity" are used in the court of law. Reason stands that insane people are unable to understand their actions therefore are not accountable for their actions. Society cannot punish them by putting them into prison but cannot leave them in society.

They are removed from society (psyche hospital) usually for their lifetime. Some however do rehabilitate and reintegrate into society?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 21 invisible), 1,825 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.