Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#9440158 12/20/14
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was thinking a bit today. The whole "Has the 'Fire changed" thread got me going.

Its true.

Almost every thread starts easy enough. Moments later, someone runs it into the ground based on their opinion.

Personally, i cant understand why people sit in trees and shoot deer they have patterned on several game cameras and talk about how hard they hunted. No, they sat on their azz and shot deer they knew would be there.... BUT, they are in their OWN area and doing the NORMAL thing where they come from. Bean fields and tree stands are NORMAL in some places. Just not where i come from.

HOWEVER!

I am entitled to my own opinion and i will fight to the death ANYONE who wants to challenge that. However, i will also fight for people who have a different opinion. I think most of us will. Some have. Some didnt come home. I STILL pray for them.

We as hunters have many passions and quirks. Some of us will only use Sierra bullets and some of us will only hunt with Barnes and shoot Sierra.

Its ok.

Why do we need to attack each other over our own preferences? How about YOU enjoy your chit, and i will enjoy mine? If you have a question, you are not an idiot for asking, you just wanna know. This is something that seems to be forgotten by many. I have personally made a commitment to be a better person and try to post what makes sense and what i need to know.

If we were all a bit more like our recently passed friend Mickey Coleman, we would all be a LOT better off.

Do your part to improve the 'Fire and drop the petty bullchit that seems to be so common these days.

Good evening Gents.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
GFY, tree stands rule!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aptly put. Words of wisdom and due consideration.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
GFY, tree stands rule!

Yea.....but Sierra bullets suck azz!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Personally, i cant understand why people sit in trees and shoot deer they have patterned on several game cameras and talk about how hard they hunted.
No, they sat on their azz and shot deer they knew would be there....

Why do we need to attack each other over our own preferences? How about YOU enjoy your chit, and i will enjoy mine?

Bit of irony there. Determining what is or isn't hard hunting for someone else and their preference?

Me

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
You're right about the quirk part, anyone who thinks the 30/06 is the best round ever has got to have several screws loose....

grin

Besides everyone knows its a 7 rem mag...

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
You're right about the quirk part, anyone who thinks the 30/06 is the best round ever has got to have several screws loose....

grin

7 Mag doesn't suck azz....it sucks ballz!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The ironicalness is lost on some.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
The ironicalness is lost on some.

That can't be a real word!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Personally, i cant understand why people sit in trees and shoot deer they have patterned on several game cameras and talk about how hard they hunted.

Why do we need to attack each other over our own preferences? How about YOU enjoy your chit, and i will enjoy mine?

Bit of irony there. Determining what is or isn't hard hunting for someone else and their preference?

No, its my opinion. I am entitled to think what i want of people sitting in trees and calling it hard hunting. however, i respect that they get deer and it works. I just wouldnt want to do it. I have hunted on foot my whole life and LOVE it. I cant imagine being in a tree for hours and acting like i did something other than sit there.

JMHO though. You do what work for you. I will do what works for me, and more power to you and many successful hunts to you!

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
IE, I'd like to say thanks to both you, and Curdog4570 in your efforts to restore civility to The Fire. Believe it or not, I think we are actually making progress. Back around 2010-2011 I believe the level of discourse was even worse then it is now. At least now, most of the GFY's are in jest.

IMO many of the differences in hunting style and rifle/caliber preferences are a result of geography. My LR rig won't do much good down south where I'll seldom be able to see past the end of the barrel, unless I'm in a tree stand. Out here, there are some places where there are no trees for your tree stand...

Same goes for round in the chamber vs. empty chamber.
Hot brushy environment where you only get a quick fleeting shot, folks are more likely to carry one in the chamber. In places with cold winters, with more snow and ice, where you are more likely to fall with your rifle etc, hand have longer shots with more time to prepare, more folks carry empty chamber. Again, it's what's reasonable for the geography.

Yea, some members are just plain stupid, but most are just adapting their personal practices to what most effective for their local hunting condition....which can be very different from your own.

As more members realize this, we will be in a better position to respect and learn from each other, and hopefully this can help reduce the unnecessary discourse.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TexasTBag

grin

The 7 mag isn't a magnum. Lengthen it out 3/8 of an inch, and call it a STW, then it's a magnum.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by SamOlson
GFY, tree stands rule!

Yea.....but Sierra bullets suck azz!

Unless you are punching paper with them, in which as Partitions suck azz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully everybody realizes that a lot of the snide remarks on the fire....including mine above....are meant in jest.

But I think some here do not realize that. I even put a "LOL" after one of my comments the other day and it pissed off a poster that didn't realize I was joking.

ETA: It's the freakin' internet!! Remember THAT!

Last edited by 257heaven; 12/20/14.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hopefully everybody realizes that a lot of the snide remarks on the fire....including mine above....are meant in jest.

But I think some here do not realize that. I even put a "LOL" after one of my comments the other day and it pissed off a poster that didn't realize I was joking.

ETA: It's the freakin' internet!! Remember THAT!

Every member is a real person. That's what we need to remember. We are a community of people, the internet is just how we communicate with each other.

Of course my comment above was in jest also. By insulting both Sierra's and partitions, we've probably managed to offend every reasonable person on the fire. There are those who prefer Amax, Barnes, and Bergers, but everbody knows they are all just nuts. whistle

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/20/14.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No, its my opinion. I am entitled to think what i want of people sitting in trees and calling it hard hunting. however, i respect that they get deer and it works. I just wouldnt want to do it. I have hunted on foot my whole life and LOVE it. I cant imagine being in a tree for hours and acting like i did something other than sit there.

JMHO though. You do what work for you. I will do what works for me, and more power to you and many successful hunts to you!

As others are entitled to their opinion and right to say it as well. If that doesn't jive with what you feel - it's not civil, if it does jive it's only a statement of opinion?

Saying someone in a tree stand only sits on their azz and doesn't hunt hard could be taken as a shot, negative and uncivil towards others. I mean for all you know they've put 25 12 hour days in that stand in freezing weather, after they hiked in a couple of miles - but that's not hunting hard, compared to sitting on a hillside and glassing for a day or 2 or just walking around until you jump something out of the bush and blast away with your uber magnum. No fooling the deer in their own living room or anything. Or maybe sitting in a box blind over a water hole. Right? I mean it's a tree stand - impossible to be a difficult hunt.

Just my opinion - right?

Can't really have it both ways. Can't bitch about people not respecting others and the way they hunt legally while taking a shot at someone for doing that very same thing.

That's the irony.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Many are made in jest surely. I have noticed that people make totally unrelated comment on a thread that attack another member. The death penalty thread is a good one. Barkoff asked another member if he thought that the parents of the shooter should suffer or something similar. Based on whether or not a man committed a crime. It has NOTHING to do with them. Did the man murder people? Yes? Then he dies... Crime and punishment. Thats how it should go. Not based on ANYTHING else would make it a LOT simpler. Just my opinion. YMMV.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
ironeagle_84: The only thing worse than a self-described turd is a holier than thou self-described turd!
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You sound like a shallow douche bag.

That's the real problem with the Fire. So many members repeatedly demonstrate how retarded they are and expect that no one will call them on it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I like to find a Heavy used Deer trail and dig a big Hole right in the middle......Then I go Home and sit on the couch and watch Hunting shows for a couple of days....Then go check on the Hole with any luck there will be a shooter buck in there!!!!!I then throw a rope around his neck and shoot him and pull him up.....Just leave the other deer in there!!! makes a great Coyote trap. Very Hard Hunting. grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.