Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Well put Holmes aside for the moment, I don't think any of us would argue he is out of his gourde, do we execute the insane and mentally ill in this country? Do we execute the soldier who comes home messed up out of his mind and kills somebody?
It's a tough call, always will be a tough call.

I hope the Death Penalty is always a tough call for every jury deciding on it

I agree, who wants a blanket execution for the vet who shot Chris Kyle, what do we know about his troubles? Obviously that boy wasn't right in the head to shoot a fellow solider trying to help him through a hard time. Can't say, but I wonder what the odds of that guy shooting somebody was before he went overseas?

Un-friggin'-real. The PRK is truly a jacked up place.

OK, well you didn't answer the question did you? Death for Chris Kyles's killer?

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes.

MAGA
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Kill him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

OK, well you didn't answer the question did you? Death for Chris Kyles's killer?

If it was murder, then yes. Sadly, adding anything to what makes it ok, like PTSD, insanity, and anything else, simply paves the way for more stuff to make murder ok.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

If it was murder, then yes. Sadly, adding anything to what makes it ok, like PTSD, insanity, and anything else, simply paves the way for more stuff to make murder ok.

Come on, nobody is saying murder is OK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe not, but its hard to argue that when people know they wont be killed for murder, that they are more likely to commit murder knowing that they are facing a life in prison rather than a bullet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy is obviously out of his gourde, if we as a society want to put guys like this down, well, OK, I don't feel that strongly about it either way. Either way we look at it, his life is pretty much over. He enlisted, he served, it royally phuggered him up, put him down.

Routh�s days at the Erath County Jail have not been placid ones. He was tasered by a guard a few hours after being booked, and his combativeness kept a mental-health expert from even completing her assessment of whether he is competent to stand trial�a question that remains. In a recent episode, Routh yanked his television from the wall, blocked his shower drain, and tried to flood the cell. He cannot sustain a cogent conversation.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I try to be a Good Christian, and believe all life is sacred. I struggle with believing Mr. and Mrs. Holmes son's life is sacred, he has destroyed many families and thought nothing of it. Diminished mental capacity or not , he should not be allowed to continue sharing our planet..... May God refrain from showing him any mercy or grace when they meet.

Last edited by wyoming260; 12/20/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I try to be a Good Christian, and believe all life is sacred. I struggle with believing Mr. and Mrs. Holmes son's life is sacred, he has destroyed many families and thought nothing of it. Diminished mental capacity or not , he should not be allowed to continue sharing our planet..... May God refrain from showing him any mercy or grace when they meet.

But he will.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess that i see it from a taxpayer perspective. Why should ANYONE have to pay to keep people who murdered others alive? I know he served, and he has severe issues, however, if found guilty of murder, it should end for him.

Crime, punishment.

Same line of thinking to those who buy their way out of the punishment aspect of their crimes.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Anyone that murders others is out of their gourde

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Anyone that murders others is out of their gourde

Not all the time. We have all expressed understanding for those who murder those who molest or rape their children.

If Polly Klass's father would have reached Richard Allen Davis in the courtroom that day, he would have got a big "not guilty" from me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike you are really, REALLY invested in anti death penalty. Why is that?

Sam......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I thought that was obvious, forgot that I need to spell everything out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Mike you are really, REALLY invested in anti death penalty. Why is that?

Why is it you think I'm anti-death penalty?

Scott made the point that anyone who kills is out of his gourde. Not at all, gang bangers are not out of their minds, they choose to kill for reasons of their own, thieves, home invaders, carjackers, they all kill for gain, everyone of those bastards should get their own needle. That is a big difference from somebody who thinks the neighbors cat told him to kill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I thought that was obvious, forgot that I need to spell everything out.

No, you don't have to spell jack out, just make a cogent point instead of talking in innuendo.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Again, they are out of their gourde. I don't have any reason to kill other than to protect.

There is no difference between Bundy and a guy that kills a family for financial gain in a home invasion. You have to be nuts to have the mindset that 'I will kill'. Bundy did if for his own needs, just as the guy that kicked in the door of a house.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You have to be out of your gourde to kill because it is a gang initiation.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by wyoming260

But he will.
And this is why I struggle to be a GOOD follower of Christ. I am sure the Lord's plan is more thought out and complete then mine. My human sense of the world lacks His complete vision and plan.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.