Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great thread with lots of good info for those who will listen and learn instead of argue. Those who provided good info know who they are and what works. Those who argue and call others names and insult others might not know who they are but the rest of the readers do.

The good is worth the BS if you do not lower yourself to the muck at the bottom of the pile.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is indeed "the same old 'fire".

A poster that 100% knows better posts a step by step guide on how to over pressure a rifle and the person that calls him on it is branded a "meaner". Not one person will come forward and say that what John posted in his original post is safe - including John. Instead we're supposed to "know what he meant".

Please, someone, anyone, step up! Point out to me the error of my ways! Explain to me why it's safe to load pressure loads and starting walking seating depths out w/o first checking MAX COAL.

Anybody?

Somebody show me where John ever said that's not safe and recanted his original post.

Anybody?

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone needs a hug

All American

All the time
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Stan V
Someone needs a hug

Clearly, but the question(s) still stand....

David

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Canazes9

A poster that 100% knows better posts a step by step guide on how to over pressure a rifle and the person that calls him on it is branded a "meaner". Not one person will come forward and say that what John posted in his original post is safe - including John. Instead we're supposed to "know what he meant".

Please, someone, anyone, step up! Point out to me the error of my ways! Explain to me why it's safe to load pressure loads and starting walking seating depths out w/o first checking MAX COAL.

Anybody?

Somebody show me where John ever said that's not safe and recanted his original post.

Anybody?

David

David,

Just an observation. Your error was simply being a dick about it.... Nothing else has mattered since. Nothing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Please, someone, anyone, step up! Point out to me the error of my ways!

David

The error is not "Respectfully" disagreeing. Its not anything that I haven't done a time or three or many others.

The longer you're around here though you tend to learn to not get to excited and just trust that the folks learning will have to have there own responsibility to educate themselves on safe loading practices.

Its all good my friend. laugh

Don't worry so much about it and hang out and just have fun. In the end everyone does learn a lot of very useful information here on the fire.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by oregontripper

Anybody?

Anybody?

David

David,

Just an observation. Your error was simply being a dick about it.... Nothing else has mattered since. Nothing.

Wow!

Tell the truth now - you're really a woman aren't you?

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Shodd

David

The error is not "Respectfully" disagreeing. Its not anything that I haven't done a time or three or many others.

The longer you're around here though you tend to learn to not get to excited and just trust that the folks learning will have to have there own responsibility to educate themselves on safe loading practices.

Don't worry so much about it and hang out and just have fun. In the end everyone does learn a lot of very useful information here on the fire.

Shod

Shod,

I'm truly not upset about any of it - I'm not the moron trying to teach people how to overpressure their rifles. That guy has quit talking to me - twice....

David

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by oregontripper

Anybody?

Anybody?

David

David,

Wow!

Tell the truth now - you're really a woman aren't you?

David

That's your deal? Being a dick? Have fun.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Shodd

David

Shod

Shod,

I'm truly not upset about any of it - I'm not the moron trying to teach people how to overpressure their rifles. That guy has quit talking to me - twice....

David

John actually contributes a very large amount of useful information around here.

Do I agree with him on every statement he's ever made. No!

However, resorting to calling folks degrading names simply is not a good way to express disagreement.

You have 2 choices

You can choose to disagree in a positive way.

Or you can choose to disagree in a negative way.

When ones choose to do it in a negative manner it effect everyone and it shouldn't come as any surprise when folks express disaprooval.

I know because I've done exactly what you are doing.

All I'm saying friend is there's a better way. You can either take the advice or leave it. The choice is yours

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 12/22/14.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go to wood's first post on page 2 of this longrangehunting.com thread where he details The Cleaning Rod Method

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well after all of this I have settled on the 'cleaning rod method' and the split case, seat the bullet to the lands and measure it. (Same as I have done for the last 10 years). I use them both to verify. It's been an interesting thread and thanks to those who posted useful information.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,190
Posts18,523,986
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.