Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tomk
Am tempted to post positive comments about the benefits of moving to one of the east coast's larger cities and give testimony to hugging the Disney animals roaming the streets

Visited my daughter in Baltimore and stayed in a B&B that was gated and locked. Her apartment is gated and locked ...the parking lot is gated and locked. Apparently I have to be at least brown to walk the street in after dark (but it's not racism)--thank God for Uber.

How progressive liberal civilization is! The contrast with rural America...please stay in the city for your own good.

kinda funny for the reputation Butte, MT has about being a rough place, while i was going to college there in 2000/2001 my cousins that lived there never locked their vehicles and my uncle rarely locked his house....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My long time pal moved to western Montana (from California) several years ago and has been slaying the coyotes.

He caught 62 last year and had a day this year with nine catches.
I'd post pics, but he's adamant about never posting his trapping pics on the www.

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You know how scary it is when people you don't even know driving down the road wave at you...or stop and help you load a deer...

terrifying places them...

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My long time pal moved to western Montana (from California) several years ago and has been slaying the coyotes.

He caught 62 last year and had a day this year with nine catches.
I'd post pics, but he's adamant about never posting his trapping pics on the www.

I agree. I have staggering numbers with traps in photos, but mostly because I was required to document what I trapped... and they will never see the internet. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Only thing dumber than wasting a 50-75 dollar pelt is the comments posted.

"I really don't see the difference in these states and what they do to wildlife and Nazi Germany. Same attitudes, same level of uneducated people, same cruelties. Just change the species."

Gimme a f'in break.

The only thing that butthurts a liberal more than seeing a coyote hanging on something, is seeing a skinned coyote hanging... laugh

Their heads would surely explode.
Course,,, their heads being more or less empty,,, the clean up should pretty easy.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The comments were really getting snappy!!!
"I'm sure Jesus must be pleased by this sacrilege. "Kill a Coyote for Christ."

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's the pic of Sammo's frozen 'yote on top of the haystack?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The comments are classic.

I'm sure every mother would want their children to see a man run over a coyote in the manner in which it was described. It's over the top and nothing like shooting a coyote because a person is protecting their livestock.

You want to see suffering, have safariman take you on his next bear "hunt"..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Truth!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

If it's butthurt treehuggers you want, this version of the story is a freakin goldmine (bottom of page).
Pour yourself another cup of coffee and enjoy.... laugh

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Dead-hanging-coyote-stirs-controversy-in-Plains/30166608?source=keci

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Pure genius. Looks like whoever hung that coyote is keeping a lot of people from visiting and moving to Montana.

I wish I would have been so smart about 30 years ago before everybody moved to Arizona and ruined this State.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just moved here but I will help you shoot and hang some yotes!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

I'm sure every mother would want their children to see a man run over a coyote in the manner in which it was described. It's over the top and nothing like shooting a coyote because a person is protecting their livestock.

You want to see suffering, have safariman take you on his next bear "hunt"..

Read it again. Take your time. There is nothing I wrote that would make any intelligent person think I would like to see suffering.

It's important to remember, as a hunter, that there may be shots taken that will not necessarily kill the animal. They may run off, run through water, brush, etc. to the point you are not able to find them, or at least safely find them. In other words, the situation can be less than ideal.

This is a chance that I am not willing to take. There are hunters who take this chance every day...and most of the time it turns out to be a good or great shot. Going hunting with a gun is far different from the person described in the comment section.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I just moved here but I will help you shoot and hang some yotes!

Sounds like a plan to me!

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I agree. I have staggering numbers with traps in photos, but mostly because I was required to document what I trapped... and they will never see the internet. wink

Trapping wild animals is just mean and should never be posted in the internet.

Domestic animals on the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not all of us newbies are bad.

Need to hang us some yotes around Tucson.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Salmonella

If it's butthurt treehuggers you want, this version of the story is a freakin goldmine (bottom of page).
Pour yourself another cup of coffee and enjoy.... laugh

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Dead-hanging-coyote-stirs-controversy-in-Plains/30166608?source=keci

Best one is its used to summon the devil??? WTH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hanging the coyote by the road was a really dumb move. I personally have no use for them and wish all of ours would head back across the Mississippi. And I'm perfectly willing to shoot the ones that don't. All that being said I don't find dead animals rotting in the trees to be amusing. In this case It is at best sick humor. Tell me how hunters and ranchers benefitted from this display. If you answered "They didn't" you win the flea of your choice off the dead coyote. All acts like this do is start unnecessary fights we won't win. Reminds me of a new segment I saw on ESPN called "Come on Man" where clips of really stupid individual penalties that hurt the team were shown. The commentator talks down the stupid move by the player followed by the comment "C'mon Maaaaaaannn" as in "You can do better than that". Whoever did this needs their own segment on the show. C'mon maaaaaaann.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Um, what?

You just worry about what's going on in your world..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootem
Hanging the coyote by the road was a really dumb move. I personally have no use for them and wish all of ours would head back across the Mississippi. And I'm perfectly willing to shoot the ones that don't. All that being said I don't find dead animals rotting in the trees to be amusing. In this case It is at best sick humor. Tell me how hunters and ranchers benefitted from this display. If you answered "They didn't" you win the flea of your choice off the dead coyote. All acts like this do is start unnecessary fights we won't win. Reminds me of a new segment I saw on ESPN called "Come on Man" where clips of really stupid individual penalties that hurt the team were shown. The commentator talks down the stupid move by the player followed by the comment "C'mon Maaaaaaannn" as in "You can do better than that". Whoever did this needs their own segment on the show. C'mon maaaaaaann.

They have been hanging coyotes on fence posts for a hundred years.

The difference is now, we are expected to hide our "hunting", and face ridicule and shame for the same, while all the liberals, gays and other "activists" cram their agenda in front of us daily, and we are supposed to be accepting, and tolerant of them.

Where is their tolerance and acceptance with what we do? whistle

Edited to add:

The reason coyotes are hung up in some places was to let the rancher know that the coyotes had been killed. Coyote hunters don't always see the rancher to report to them, and it wasn't uncommon to see coyotes hung by each ranch gate, years ago to let the rancher know they had been there, and put a dent in them.

Now everyone is gunshy of the idea because the liberals told us it's wrong.

Last edited by rockinbbar; 12/28/14.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 160user, 2500HD, 29 invisible), 12,274 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,234
Posts18,544,195
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.