Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ben, they wouldn't recognize it as a coyote...

True dat..

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by srwshooter
doesn't bother me at all,but it may turn more americans that don't understand hunting against us. we don't need the animal lovers gaining support. i try not to haul dead animals around on the truck in plain sight. blood running off a fresh kill at a stoplight is not good for our sport.

so i have to quit doing something that has been going on since my grandfather was a kid....this tolerance chit has only been going one way for a long damn time and i fail to see where its helped us any at all.........

The big problem with hiding our kills out of sight is that it suddenly seems abnormal when some non hunter sees a kill.

If folks would see hunting kills displayed often as a matter of course- either in pride of a successful hunt, or to inform a landowner of progress of ridding a particular pest, it becomes a normal part of the landscape.

Heck, Hollywood keeps ramming all kinds of deviant behavior down our throats by constantly keeping it in front of us on tv, movies ,video games, etc.

The same can work to keep useful constructive activities, like hunting, in view daily until it become a normal healthy part of life.

Last edited by ruger438; 12/28/14. Reason: punctuation

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and keep in mind, its not like this was downtown Billings, it was on the highway between Plains(lil over 1,000 people) and Thompson Falls(about 1,300 people) its a VERY rural area in the middle of phugging nowhere.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It maybe in the middle of nowhere but it hit the world wide net.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

phug 'em, as another poster pointed out, us hiding this sorta thing is whats gotten us here....it has not helped us at all giving an inch at a time....predators have been hung on fencelines in rural Montana since my great grandfather started busting up the prairie to start growing wheat with the first major wave of immigrants to northeast Montana....if you dont want to see this kinda thing stay the fug out of rural Montana.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The coyote humpers would probably change their mind if their yappin' little Chihuahua or Pomeranian disappeared down the gullet of a 'yote.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tomk
Am tempted to post positive comments about the benefits of moving to one of the east coast's larger cities and give testimony to hugging the Disney animals roaming the streets

Visited my daughter in Baltimore and stayed in a B&B that was gated and locked. Her apartment is gated and locked ...the parking lot is gated and locked. Apparently I have to be at least brown to walk the street in after dark (but it's not racism)--thank God for Uber.

How progressive liberal civilization is! The contrast with rural America...please stay in the city for your own good.

To me, this is it in a nutshell...

I've seen this pattern my entire life...

Liberals and leftist, want to move somewhere, and leave behind all the things they didn't like about the city or their metro area...yet at the same time, all the stuff they loved about it, they expect their new location to have all the stuff they loved so much...and when it doesn't, they start complaining and harping on what the locals at the new location need to start doing and changing, to meet their personal needs...

Saw it growing up with metro DC people moving to ( then ) rural Virginia...

Saw it in New England during my college years...New Yorkers, Rhode Islanders, Connecticut folks, Boston Folk, etc, moving to the Northern New England States, for 'its charm' and laid back life style...but then they were pissed off at the locals and called them backwards, for not having all the stuff they wanted that they loved back home...

Stationed in Washington in the Army.. California transplants wanted away from California Crowds, but are pissed that the locals didn't do stuff like they did in California...

Minnesota, people from the Twin Cities, move out to the country and complain, all 'the laws' they left behind, were not on the books locally... and the locals are stupid because of it...

Move to Oregon, and now back to the same California crowd thinking the locals are all stupid hicks, because they don't have all of California's laws and 'rights and wrongs', and do what ever they can to get them passed locally....

If these folks don't like the local culture, then they can go back where they came from, or STFU as far as I am concerned..

When rural folks move to the big cities, you never see them complaining about the differences in society and culture...but then they are normally conservative and are more based in living in the real world, vs what Walt Disney taught them...

and why are liberals like this? I've always racked it up to Mommy and Daddy telling them from the time they were in diapers, " You can change the world..." and they act like that is their mission in life, to meet their personal needs and desires...

And you tell a liberal "NO" they never get discouraged.. that goes back to being a kid again.. if they were told "NO" by mommy and daddy, it just meant they hadn't thrown a big enough Schittfitt yet....because that is another example, of why liberals are so good at pissing and moaning about anything... in fact they look at it as a personal talent, and they pat themselves on the back because they do it all so well....

The only way to deal with liberals, is the same way they should have been dealt with when they were kids... they won't STFU, smack the crap out of them and then send them to their room ( or back where they came from until they do).... they complain, smack them again and send them back to where they came from...

Liberals in Potland Oregon is why Oregon has a cougar problem... they are the ones who see them as Disney Animals... I say the easy solution for the rest of the state, is to round up all the cougars possible, and let them loose in Metro Potland... then we can see how well they love them when they are eating their poodles and cats in the front yard, attacking their kids at the bus stop, or them when they are out for their 'healthy' jog or evening walk....

There is only ONE way to deal with Cry Baby liberals... Fugg'em...

they don't like a dead coyote hanging in a tree... take another route...or catch their cat and let it loose when coyotes are about...give them a little snack....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree there is too much PC in the world. We were a lot better off when people minded their own business and quit trying to tell their neighbor how they should live.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ben, they wouldn't recognize it as a coyote...

True dat..

Should'a put a sign on it also...

Free coyote to good home...

Stuff it and they can pet it all they want...

Then they can 'commune' with Mother Nature from the comfort of their heated living room.. isn't life grand in the world of liberalism...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The comments are classic.

I'm sure every mother would want their children to see a man run over a coyote in the manner in which it was described. It's over the top and nothing like shooting a coyote because a person is protecting their livestock.

Always wanted to run one of those puppies down. Drove a Ford pickup and the coyote was always to fast. Apparently he took his training from the Roadrunner. grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

phug 'em, as another poster pointed out, us hiding this sorta thing is whats gotten us here....it has not helped us at all giving an inch at a time....predators have been hung on fencelines in rural Montana since my great grandfather started busting up the prairie to start growing wheat with the first major wave of immigrants to northeast Montana....if you dont want to see this kinda thing stay the fug out of rural Montana.....

Exactly. Wished in would have done the same thing here in Arizona many years ago.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tombo
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Only thing dumber than wasting a 50-75 dollar pelt is the comments posted.

Who say's it's wasted? I always hang them outdoors when cold to kill the fleas before bringing them in for skinning.

I've skinned more than a few green bellied coyotes... sick

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you hunt or trap coyotes, this is the face of your enemy.
Camilla Fox from Marin County California and her anti hunting, anti trapping campaign.
They are articulate, have money, media attention and are politically active not only in Kalifornia...

http://www.projectcoyote.org/

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectCoyote

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tell people around here all the time, Montana better get ahead of the initiative process.. But I get looked at like I'm crazy.

Yeah, wtf do I know..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I tell people around here all the time, Montana better get ahead of the initiative process.. But I get looked at like I'm crazy.

Yeah, wtf do I know..

Yep,,, MT has ALLOT more Liberals than people think and this thread is a perfect example of it.
If a dead Coyote on a rural road draws this kind of attention the City's are probably already lost.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the haystack yote lasted about 2 days until one of our friends replaced it with a skinned version....grin

Sunday morning and I drive by the stack and WTF?!

Had to take it down. Probably little too much for the church crowd...

(the friendly version)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,804 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,292
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.