Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Man...all those Irishman on Notre Dame's football team must be spending a lot of time on the beach in the sun to be so dark!! The influx of Irishmen from the 'Mother Country' has apparently been denied visas!!

Last edited by RMulhern; 12/30/14.

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
About as dark as the LOSING team.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Plenty of night fighters on the field for that game.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Didn't either team have a kicker! Proud one finally made one at the end.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where are all the SEC honks talking about how tough the SEC is and uber in college football when an unranked Notre Dame team beats a 23 ranked LSU club?

Me

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LSU was barely ranked and probably shouldn't have been ranked. I think I could have ran on their defense.

I am a Nebraska first and SEC second guy. I was hoping the SEC would go undefeated in bowl games.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't matter - all we hear is that the SEC is basically professional football and no one else comes close.

They were ranked 23. Notre Dame - not at all.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Damn, you got me there. I must have missed that in the 1st post that I typed up where I said they were barely ranked. Being ranked #23 is way up there.

I don't blame you non-SEC guys for being so bitter, it probably does suck watching them win all the time so I understand the I must pounce while I can mentality.

Being a Nebraska guy I am used to us getting our teeth kicked out.

College football is becoming like NCAA men's basketball as far as speed and athletes. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day.

I hope Bama wins it all but I really think the Oregon is the team to beat this year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't care less about the SEC - it's SEC fan that pisses me off.

Being a fan of an entire conference, instead of simply choosing a team is chickenshit.

Ohh - I want the NFC to win the superbowl - I don't care which team. Blaggg - plant your flag and state your case otherwise you're not really a fan of anything except being a front runner.

Ranked is ranked.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

So supporting a region is not ok and that makes you chickenshit?

lol

I am a Nebraka fan and I think the SEC is the best overall conference in college football.

Ranked it ranked, good point.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Damn, you got me there. I must have missed that in the 1st post that I typed up where I said they were barely ranked. Being ranked #23 is way up there.

I don't blame you non-SEC guys for being so bitter, it probably does suck watching them win all the time so I understand the I must pounce while I can mentality.

It's obvious you don't follow college football much.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm saying people that simply state "I support the SEC" - I support the NFC West - without having any connection to a specific team - yeah, that's chickenshit.

They don't have the guts to simply choose a team and state "This is my TEAM"- hedging their bets by being able to select one of 5 or 10 teams to pull for (whomever is winning) because they're a fan of a conference and only a conference is chickenshit.

I get you're a Neb fan and I agree, at the top the SEC is better than other conferences but they are NOT studs top to bottom like some would like you to believe.

Notre Dame started a QB in his first game ever too. Little credit to coach Kelly. 3-2 in bowl games at ND and they lost 17 players off that defense from last year.

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LSU never showed up.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I watch college football quite a bit actually. The SEC has held it's own I do believe. They don't win them all but their resume is pretty good.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by teal
I'm saying people that simply state "I support the SEC" - I support the NFC West - without having any connection to a specific team - yeah, that's chickenshit.

They don't have the guts to simply choose a team and state "This is my TEAM"- hedging their bets by being able to select one of 5 or 10 teams to pull for (whomever is winning) because they're a fan of a conference and only a conference is chickenshit.

I get you're a Neb fan and I agree, at the top the SEC is better than other conferences but they are NOT studs top to bottom like some would like you to believe.

Notre Dame started a QB in his first game ever too. Little credit to coach Kelly. 3-2 in bowl games at ND and they lost 17 players off that defense from last year.

Agreed on all points right there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree, teal. And I'll add to your comments.

It gives me the giggles when some "fan" starts chanting "We're Number One!" or "We beat so-and-so." Really? WE? What jersey number did you wear, sport? Since when does a couch potato claim he's a part of any winning team? I'll give a grudging nod to an actual alumni and/or former team member. But if all you did was flick the TV remote, you are NOT entitled to claim "we."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by buckthumper
LSU never showed up.

Absolutely! Played like a Jr. High team on defense!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by teal
Where are all the SEC honks talking about how tough the SEC is and uber in college football when an unranked Notre Dame team beats a 23 ranked LSU club?

They are in Oh!Cock!'s Seahawks thread taking about the Seahawks being the best evah!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That name is sssssooooo disrespectful of the Irish. It should be changed to something more politically correct.

1Minute
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
hey, I"m good. I would never pick a team or conference at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (160user, 10Glocks, 3dtestify, AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,515 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,260
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.