-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cheapest oysters i could find before christmas was 14.99 a pint. very pricey this year.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pints?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sean
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
oh Yeah!!! Nice work Sean!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nice set up, but you cooked em. whistle Those look like Eastern oysters, never did like them very well. If it's the ones I'm thinking of they have a bit of salt to em?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
David,

Where is this shindig and what time should I be there? smile

IC B2

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Just made a trip through your neck of the woods. SC to NC is the absolute worst part of the 7 hour drive to DC. Greenville to Concord Mills just blows!!! Bunch of crazies with stuff flying off wrecked up cars all over the interstate!!

This trip I had to dodge a flying mattress, a wheel with a tire on it that had to kill someone because it jumped the jersey barrier at 70 mph and about 4 mopeds with double drunks on them going up the shoulder.

Simply amazing with no cops in sight!! Except at the 3 accident sites.

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
18 bucks for two dozen here. Picking up a bag of them tomorrow for New Years.They grow them here on the island so they are only hours since harvested.

Yes,you should be jealous!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How do you cook them trapper? Momma might have me get some.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Going to grab a couple dozen more tomorrow. They're a buck a piece now. Half will be raw and with horseradish--the other half steamed on the BGE until they just start to open. Takes about 5-8 minutes being careful not to over cook.

Last week we made some oyster stew, which was great. First sauteed the shucked oysters in butter until they curled up. Then added H&H, salt, pepper (lots) and a little Tony's. Served with oyster crackers, Green Tabasco and cold beer in a mug. Good stuff!!

I seen oyster with diced potatoes but not my favorite.

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Calvin, usually we don't cook them. Raw with a little lemon juice, hot sauce or whatever you like. if you're not into raw or hate shucking them, throw them on the grill for a few minutes until they start to open and then put some lemon juice/hot sauce on them.

We also like to fry them in a light cornmeal batter and throw them on a bun with some spiced up mayo and some lettuce. Oyster Po'boys! Oyster stew is hard to beat as well.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by byc
Just made a trip through your neck of the woods. SC to NC is the absolute worst part of the 7 hour drive to DC. Greenville to Concord Mills just blows!!! Bunch of crazies with stuff flying off wrecked up cars all over the interstate!!

This trip I had to dodge a flying mattress, a wheel with a tire on it that had to kill someone because it jumped the jersey barrier at 70 mph and about 4 mopeds with double drunks on them going up the shoulder.

Simply amazing with no cops in sight!! Except at the 3 accident sites.

Did you stop to pick up my mattress?? Can't disagree with you on that section of travel. The new construction/widened interstate certainly helps though.

I do always worry about those sneaky state troopers around Emporia too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
and about 4 mopeds with double drunks on them going up the shoulder.

Future Pagans M/C members I suspect. Managing that heavy metal is a sho' nuff challenge.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
HA! Guessing the box springs had already sprung off the car.

2 dozen oysters in the book. 1 to go!! grin

That's about 2 bushels holidays to date!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hydrashocker, the ones I ate weren't cooked! Those oysters I believe were Pacific Blues, or something like that. From the Frisco bay area. Popped open raw, lime, and green hab hot sauce for me.

Sean
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Last week we made some oyster stew, which was great. First sauteed the shucked oysters in butter until they curled up. Then added H&H, salt, pepper (lots) and a little Tony's. Served with oyster crackers, Green Tabasco and cold beer in a mug. Good stuff!!

life can be very good...what I'm doing tomorrow night

Last edited by sse; 01/01/15.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My bad, looked like you were cooking em on the grill.

Mean while, had just one of those cooked black ones from the all-ya-can eat Chinese place, just terrible. sick Had to remind myself why I don't eat em from those places.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
One time my ex had some raw oysters at the restaurant at Las Brisas in Acapulco. Think they pulled them out of the bay...do that and you'll learn what sick is

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
My bad, looked like you were cooking em on the grill.

Mean while, had just one of those cooked black ones from the all-ya-can eat Chinese place, just terrible. sick Had to remind myself why I don't eat em from those places.

You didn't see wrong, I just didn't eat those. If you bring them out while I am grilling, and want them cooked, you get it. I am eating mine raw though!

Sean
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
have 2 cups whole milk over an ultra-low fire right now...when a bit steamy, will give a half pint of oysters a little baffy, add a Tbs of butter, fresh ground black pepper, a dash or two of Old Bay...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.