-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a used stock that was represented to me to be a McMillan stock. When I got it, there was not a single identifying mark on it. It had a pachmyer (sp) recoil pad. That was the only identifiable indication of any sort. I had someone look at it who told me he thought it was a Brown Precision. I asked how he could tell. He said he's seen them before. In thinking about this, I believe I've seen several B&C and HS Precision stocks that I actually had to take people's words on whether they were B&C or HS Precision. I'm scratching my head.

Back to my original question; for those like myself, how can I tell if it is a McMillan or a Brown? I want to be more knowledgeable in my future searches/purchases. Thanks in advance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Posting pictures would certainly help.

Aside from that, is the stock checkered? Owned several Brown's and High-Tech Specialties, and don't believe either was ever available with checkering. B&Cs can be hand checkered, and uncheckered. B&C's and H-S stock seem rather bulky, even 'squarish' in the wrist. Every McM I've owned or own is checkered. Never owned a WinLite (Win M70, stocked by McM), but they were uncheckered.

Bottom line, lots of variable to consider, and pictures would give a greater insight into what you have.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Posting pictures would certainly help.

Aside from that, is the stock checkered? Owned several Brown's and High-Tech Specialties, and don't believe either was ever available with checkering. B&Cs can be hand checkered, and uncheckered. B&C's and H-S stock seem rather bulky, even 'squarish' in the wrist. Every McM I've owned or own is checkered. Never owned a WinLite (Win M70, stocked by McM), but they were uncheckered.

Bottom line, lots of variable to consider, and pictures would give a greater insight into what you have.

+1 a visual is the main way to identify.

As for labels on the stock - not many do anything to identify that way.

"Any inanimate object will just sit there until a person picks it up.
What they do with it depends on what kind of respect they've
been taught for human life"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here are what I have. If you need more, let me know.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by TheBigSky; 01/02/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Looks like a browns to me

Guide/Outfitter, NZ Backcountry Guides, fishing and hunting since 1985
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm gonna say High Tech Specialties or Brown. Don't ask me why, but I'm leaning a little more toward the High Tech.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

369 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,801
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.