Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Born in New Jersey, moved to Florida before my teen years. Been about everywhere in the US of A since.

Born in New Jersey? Dam Yankee.

I was born in mIlwaukee Wis. Moved 20 mi. west for 35 yrs. Moved 30 mi. north of there 10 yrs ago.

Last edited by ihookem; 01/05/15.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was born in park rapids,mn, now live about 225 miles south of there.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Interesting stuff.. Enjoyable..

Molon Labe
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Born in MT.

Spent the first 20 years here in the same town.

Spent a few years in Missoula, MT and Bonners Ferry, ID.

Spent a few more in Spokane and Cheney, WA.

Spent 6-7 years in Bozeman, MT.

Moved back home in 2010 and currently live about 2-3 blocks from where I was born.

Haven't ventured outside of the state in +5 years and that doesn't bother me one bit.

Sam,

If you want a bit of a get away let me know. Our place is 15 miles or so outside of Sandpoint and sits in the Cabinet's looking off to the Selkirk's and awaits someone to light a fire. Quiet and peaceful, trust me. Serious on this as it sits for months each year awaiting my retirement where upon I will Bogart the joint. smile

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Born in MT.

Spent the first 20 years here in the same town.

Spent a few years in Missoula, MT and Bonners Ferry, ID.

Spent a few more in Spokane and Cheney, WA.

Spent 6-7 years in Bozeman, MT.

Moved back home in 2010 and currently live about 2-3 blocks from where I was born.

Haven't ventured outside of the state in +5 years and that doesn't bother me one bit.

Sam,

If you want a bit of a get away let me know. Our place is 15 miles or so outside of Sandpoint and sits in the Cabinet's looking off to the Selkirk's and awaits someone to light a fire. Quiet and peaceful, trust me. Serious on this as it sits for months each year awaiting my retirement where upon I will Bogart the joint. smile

smile The above my friends is what the Campfire is all about. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Born: Marlow, Okla.
Midwest City, Okla.
Randolph AFB, Tx
Mesa, AZ.
Falcon Field, AZ.
Sherman, Tx
Denison, Tx
Mesa, AZ.
Waco, Tx.
Bryan, Tx.
Ada, Okla.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Francis, Okla.
Wichita Falls, Tx
Sheppard AFB, Tx
Burkburnett, Tx
Dallas, Tx
Garland, Tx
Anchorage, Alaska
Garland, Tx
Rowlett, Tx.
Poetry, Tx.

As you can see my Dad was Career Military and I regret none of it.A military dependent's life was great!

Butch, Marlow is my hometown too. Born 1955 at Gregston Hospital. At the time, Marlow had two hospitals, Gregston and Talley Walker.

I've traveled the world but have always called Oklahoma home. I'm in Edmond now, within 80 miles of where I was born. I had opportunities and desires to live in other places but never could get the timing right. It all worked out okay in the end.

Dr. Walker delivered me. I still claim being an Okie and I'm proud of it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Born in Wishek, ND....the small town doc in my hometown was on vacation....
spent a year in Grand Forks ND for school
then a couple years in Wahpeton ND also for school
then onto Fargo North Dakota
and then a year or so in Barnseville MN
and into my present home of Moorhead MN

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Born in Buffalo NY
Folks moved to LA Calf when I was an infant and then back to Buffalo
Moved to Denver after we got married
Then Akron Oh
Back to Buffalo again
Now in the Albuquerque area
Next move will be into a coffee can on the fireplace mantle, or maybe to Wyoming when we retire. (we miss the snow and winter)

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't know how the heck some of you folks remember all the places you've lived!

Born in Chillicothe, MO
Age 1-4 Kansas City (about 4 miles from where I live now.)
5-19 Boonville, MO
20. Columbia, MO
21. Mount Prospect, IL
22. Parkville, MO
For the last 26 years: Kansas City, MO

I don't know where I will end up, but don't plan to stay here when I retire.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Born in Western PA about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh
5yr layover in Cheyenne/Gillette WY
Wasilla than to Palmer AK for the last 17yrs

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Born and raised in North East PA a stones throw from were my family settled in the late 1600's. work has moved me around to up state NY, CA, couple of years in Pittsburgh and now back to Southern California.

Not sure where I will retire in a few years but it will be somewhere cheaper than here, wife loves the weather and 10 minute ride to beach but doubt she will un-retire and go back to work to stay smile

Last edited by old_willys; 01/06/15.

Ted
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Born in Will County, IL
Spent 6 years in the army
Lived 2 years in Okeechobee,FL.
Still in Punta Gorda, Fl.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
upstate ny with a year stint near cincinnati oh but back to town i was born in upstate ny and own the family farm.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Winchester,

Where abouts north of Pittsburgh? I'm originally from Western Pa, about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh. Now live in Western NY east of Buffalo and south of Rochester. Not sure where the next move will be. Wife seems homesick. I'm sick of winter......

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Born in the SF bay area (shh, don't tell anyone) 25 years later I discovered I belonged in Alaska and have spent the past 18 years here.

Once the kids are out of the house and my wife and I have some discretionary funds we plan to poke around most parts of the world. Plenty of places we'd like to visit, but I doubt I'll ever find another place I could live.

I figure the ills I gladly left behind in California will continue to make there way up here, but am hoping I'll be in the ground before it gets as bad as it was when we left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Born in the former Steel Valley region. Youngstown, Ohio to be exact. Spent the first 2 decades of my life in that area within a few miles of my dad's family homestead, dating back to the 1800's. I learned to hunt and trap on that land, frequently spending time near the old house and barn foundations of my ancestors. Many a squirrel hunt ended with a stop by the family grave plot buried deep back in the woods.

A work transfer brought me to Minnesota about 30 years ago. The steel industry in Youngstown was gone, my folks had both died, I'd just broken up with the girl I was sure I'd marry. It was time to go.

I'm a hunting and fishing nut. They ain't kidding about the Land of 10.000 Lakes. I can drive less than 15 minutes in just about any direction and be on a different lake. I love it up here and will never move back.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
born just outside the south gate of Yosemite National Park in a little town named Oakhurst. lived there until the late 60's. next place stateside was Sacramento then Angwin,then Armona Ca;if. then Eugene, Springfield Ore. then back to Hanford ca. then to Salem Ore. then to Lake Elizabeth ca. then to Lake Hughes ca.
then to Green valley ca. then to Bonners Ferry Id. next move will be a dirt nap.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 33 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,614
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.