Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If any of that happened antagonists or skeptics would have made these claims years ago and provided the evidence and proof. If Rome was persecuting Christians and trying to dispel the crucifixion and resurrection story they would not have been paid off sufficiently by a handful of poor Galilean fishermen to allow the resurrection story to continue when they were trying to stop it..

The harder you try the more evident it becomes that your truth is self-made.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 01/08/15.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
If any of that happened antagonists or skeptics would have made these claims years ago and provided the evidence and proof. If Rome was persecuting Christians and trying to dispel the crucifixion and resurrection story they would not have been paid off sufficiently by a handful of poor Galilean fishermen to allow the resurrection story to continue when they were trying to stop it..

We don't know what happen immediately after the crucifixion. The closes documents we have to the event are the Gospels and the earliest Gospels are 60 to 70 years old after the event and those are copies of copies.

I went back and re-read my post that you are responding to and I said it was all guess work on the part of the scholars. No one knows because it was a non event at the time. All we have is oral tradition that was finally written down decades after the event and the documents, as I've said, are copies of copies with the earliest copies being 60 to 70 years old.

You are free to believe anything you want as long as you are not harming me. For me, it will take a lot more empirical evidence for me to change my opinion or beliefs if that is even possible.

Last edited by derby_dude; 01/08/15. Reason: To add more comment.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Many reputable historians don't chronicle events in real time nor do eye-witnesses. The evidence we do have supports the gospel accounts. Most people don't memoirs till the end of their life. Again your truth is self-made.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Many reputable historians don't chronicle events in real time nor do eye-witnesses. The evidence we do have supports the gospel accounts. Most people don't memoirs till the end of their life. Again your truth is self-made.

Whatever. Believe whatever you want to as long as it doesn't hurt me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" prove the mythology."

You are probably too stupid to see your oxymoron.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes time will tell. Amen.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

We don't know what happen immediately after the crucifixion. The closes documents we have to the event are the Gospels and the earliest Gospels are 60 to 70 years old after the event and those are copies of copies.

I went back and re-read my post that you are responding to and I said it was all guess work on the part of the scholars. No one knows because it was a non event at the time. All we have is oral tradition that was finally written down decades after the event and the documents, as I've said, are copies of copies with the earliest copies being 60 to 70 years old.

You are free to believe anything you want as long as you are not harming me. For me, it will take a lot more empirical evidence for me to change my opinion or beliefs if that is even possible.

New Testament Canon was completed prior to 70 AD so that makes the Gospels written with 30 years or so from the actual crucifixion.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

New Testament Canon was completed prior to 70 AD so that makes the Gospels written with 30 years or so from the actual crucifixion.

No, it wasn't.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/09/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: OrangeOkie

No, it wasn't.

According to William F. Albright, who was not a believer, the entire New Testament was finished by the year 70AD. What is your support for your "No, it wasn't,"?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
42 Jesus said to them, �If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father�s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don�t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.�

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

No, it wasn't.

Do you say that because of the prophesy assigned to Jesus regarding the destruction of the Temple which didn't occur until then?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (204guy, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 48 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,972
Posts18,499,393
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.