Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Or just issue the ticket and be on your way.

Why issue the ticket at all...over something so ridiculous...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The guy went overboard, and needed firing. However the "he doesn't have anything better to do than stop for an expired inspection sticker" mentality actually proves that many non LEO have the "us against them" mentality.
I can't begin to tell you how many serious criminal arrests i've made from simple traffic stops. From recovering stolen property, to DUI and fugitive apprehension arrests.

Then if you stop em' on a simple traffic stop...and you 'don't' find stolen property, or a DUI driver, or a fugitive violent criminal...then why not just let the guy go...without issuing a ticket...?

Well most of the time from me they do get a written warning nd not a ticket.

But i've been over that with you before. Instead of propogating your you against us mentality, you should take some reading retention courses, or like DD said maybe some people skills classes, then you likely wouldn't come across as such an azzwipe all of the time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Because as an LEO if it's against the law you issue a ticket. In this case it appears no law was broken so he should have just gone on his way. Instead the cop went on a power trip.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Why issue the ticket at all...over something so ridiculous...?

Why not just go get your car inspected. Then we don't have to stop you for something so rediculous

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What ever happened to listening to the person in the first place? That's what I did. No people listening skills any more?

...i've been over that with you before. Instead of propogating your you against us mentality, you should take some reading retention courses, or like DD said maybe some people skills classes, then you likely wouldn't come across as such an azzwipe all of the time

Umm...DD's statement was that LEO's should listen to the person (like he did when he was a cop), and that LEO's should have 'people skills' (like he did when he was a cop).

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not just go get your car inspected. Then we don't have to stop you for something so rediculous

Nothing more than a tax collector (with a gun and a badge) for the government municipality that you work for. Nothing more, by and large, than a representative of the government...the same money hungry, oppressive, and all too powerful government that you whine about on this forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because as an LEO if it's against the law you issue a ticket.

Surprising there's so many men so willing to enforce the stupid laws that are designed to do nothing more than to generate revenue for the government. And to hear those same men rail against that evils of government is comical...hypocritical...and comical.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Nothing more than a tax collector (with a gun and a badge) for the government municipality that you work for. Nothing more, by and large, than a representative of the government...the same money hungry, oppressive, and all too powerful government that you whine about on this forum.

Well i hope my municipality doesn't rely largely on "taxes" collected by our agency, if so they are on the losing end of that deal.

But hey, if it helps you sleep all snuggly at night to think it does more power to ya

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Surprising there's so many men so willing to enforce the stupid laws that are designed to do nothing more than to generate revenue for the government. And to hear those same men rail against that evils of government is comical...hypocritical...and comical.

Someday, when you're adult enough to understand the concept of liability, and accept the fact that you help elect the people qho write those laws. Maybe then you will get a clue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well i hope my municipality doesn't rely largely on "taxes" collected by our agency, if so they are on the losing end of that deal.

It all adds up, and it IS very important to them. In addition to generating revenue through minor traffic violations (and 'using' you guys to do it), they're also screwin' people over confiscatory property taxes, and any other 'money grab' they can come up with.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You wouldn't like what the streets would be like, if the cops stopped writing tickets altogether.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Someday, when you're adult enough to understand the concept of liability, and accept the fact that you help elect the people qho write those laws. Maybe then you will get a clue

Just because they write some stupid laws, designed to do nothing more than confiscate money from citizens, doesn't mean that you have to enforce em'.
When they write laws to confiscate citizens firearms, are you gonna enforce them too...?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Again (sorry I can't type it slower so you have time to let it sink in) our municipality get's next to nothing for fines, as a matter of fact we don't set fines, those are set in perameters by state statute, by state legislators. Then divvied out by judges upon conviction of the infraction. Our municipality has no say whether we write tickets or not. As part of my Daily activity logs I have to show X amounts of citizen contacts and blotter entries for what I did throughout my shift. These can include citations, written warnings, arrest reports, compaint cards, etc,etc...

Lets use a theoretical case. Someone is stopped for an equipment violation, lets say the vehicle is out of inspection. We let him go with a verbal warning because we listen to him when he says he has an appt. to get it inspected the next day, life has been busy, he forgot, etc,etc. then 3 days later with his car still uninspected he hits and kills a child. The family of the child then learns he was stopped by police and not issued a citation, that would be basically a fix it ticket( he wouldn't have to pay a fine, just get the violation corrected). The family's lawyer then says we can sue the Pd, because if they had issued him a citation he would have had to get the car inspected and they would have found the defective___________ that caused him to lose control of his vehicle and kill your child.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You wouldn't like what the streets would be like, if the cops stopped writing tickets altogether.

I'm beginning to realize he is too stupid to see that

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm beginning to realize he is too stupid to see that

I guess "upwardly mobile" is liberalese for lazy.

upwardly mobile - (adjective)...moving to a higher social class; acquiring wealth and status.

wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy thought he was just going to ignore the cop. Yes he thought he could get away using the platinum race card. People need to listen but this guy was just blowing him off and trying to walk away. The officer tried then to stop him. The perp made mistake number 2 he resisted. Other places in other times he could have shot this dumb ass and got away with it. Both sides need to react differently. Disrespect the law and expect to be put in the hurt locker.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Can't argue with that. Fortunately, Montana doesn't have vehicle inspections. And I haven't seen an increase in accidents because of it.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

But hey, if it helps you sleep all snuggly at night to think it does more power to ya

As Everett Dirksen use to say, " Billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you have some real money." That's the way any municipality looks at it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guy went overboard, and needed firing. However the "he doesn't have anything better to do than stop for an expired inspection sticker" mentality actually proves that many non LEO have the "us against them" mentality.

I can't begin to tell you how many serious criminal arrests i've made from simple traffic stops. From recovering stolen property, to DUI and fugitive apprehension arrests.

.....such as kidnappers and the like. Thank you for being diligent in your work and doing your best to protect the vulnerable.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'll have to agree with you there. People judge the politician they elect by how many laws the politician gets passed. The more laws passed the more successful the politician.

Then the people turn around and bitch like hell when someone is hired to enforce the law. LEO is determined successful by the politician by his ability to enforce those laws.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by derby_dude; 01/08/15.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,025
Posts18,500,501
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.