Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Because as an LEO if it's against the law you issue a ticket.

Surprising there's so many men so willing to enforce the stupid laws that are designed to do nothing more than to generate revenue for the government. And to hear those same men rail against that evils of government is comical...hypocritical...and comical.

Someday, when you're adult enough to understand the concept of liability, and accept the fact that you help elect the people qho write those laws. Maybe then you will get a clue

Just because they write some stupid laws, designed to do nothing more than confiscate money from citizens, doesn't mean that you have to enforce em'.
When they write laws to confiscate citizens firearms, are you gonna enforce them too...?

That was a major reason I decided not to go into the cop profession full time. As a paid retainer of the government I found my personal moral code ran smack damn up against the government code.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Again (sorry I can't type it slower so you have time to let it sink in) our municipality get's next to nothing for fines, as a matter of fact we don't set fines, those are set in perameters by state statute, by state legislators. Then divvied out by judges upon conviction of the infraction. Our municipality has no say whether we write tickets or not. As part of my Daily activity logs I have to show X amounts of citizen contacts and blotter entries for what I did throughout my shift. These can include citations, written warnings, arrest reports, compaint cards, etc,etc...

Lets use a theoretical case. Someone is stopped for an equipment violation, lets say the vehicle is out of inspection. We let him go with a verbal warning because we listen to him when he says he has an appt. to get it inspected the next day, life has been busy, he forgot, etc,etc. then 3 days later with his car still uninspected he hits and kills a child. The family of the child then learns he was stopped by police and not issued a citation, that would be basically a fix it ticket( he wouldn't have to pay a fine, just get the violation corrected). The family's lawyer then says we can sue the Pd, because if they had issued him a citation he would have had to get the car inspected and they would have found the defective___________ that caused him to lose control of his vehicle and kill your child.

Antlers may be from the West. Here in my city we have city traffic court and as far as I know the lion's share if not all the traffic fines goes to the city.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Folks what seems to be missing here is that apparently he had new dealer plates on the car and wasn't required to get an inspection immediately as the law states in that state from everything I hear and read. The Texas cops can verify that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
It doesn't matter if we agree or not but I think the EX-officer now needs to go back to school or go to work at Home Depot,assisting folks in the plumbing department.
Kudos for Victoria Texas.

^^ +100 What he said.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 34 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,982
Posts18,499,652
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.