Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
SteveE Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Been eying one lately
Been on and off here for several years and don't recall ever seeing them mentioned.
Opinions?

GB1

S
SteveE Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Well, I guess I should delved further in my search before I ask about it on here. Found some pretty terrible reviews dating from 2008 - 2013
I just get an urge to try something different when I get a new rifle. Won't be an Huskemaw.
Thx
Steve Eggers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good call. Huskemaw is all hat, no cattle.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

If it wasn't for the "Best of the West" hunting show and non-looney folks (we'll call 'em simple minded for fun) believing this was the only brand that allows for long range turret dialing to make incredible hunting shots, they wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If it wasn't for the "Best of the West" hunting show and non-looney folks (we'll call 'em simple minded for fun) believing this was the only brand that allows for long range turret dialing to make incredible hunting shots, they wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

X2!

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Track better then any Loopy. Great glass. The new Blue Diamonds are a very nice scope, don't let the haters that have never tried one sway your opinion. Try one out for yourself you won't be disappointed.

The "turret dialing" is only one part to long range shooting, any scope can be outfitted with a calibrated turret but not all can dope the wind as quickly or as accurately.

Others have tried to copy the Huskemaw and Best of the West...not so much the other way around wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by adam32
... any scope can be outfitted with a calibrated turret but not all can dope the wind as quickly or as accurately....

Your scope dopes the wind for you?

Do tell.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
... any scope can be outfitted with a calibrated turret but not all can dope the wind as quickly or as accurately....

Your scope dopes the wind for you?

Do tell.

Spin the turret to the correct range, turret has wind value right on it, hold minutes on the reticle for wind and fire away. Patented.

Of course you have to know what the current wind is doing, even a SWFA doesn't know that and isn't that the preferred scope around here for LR hunting? hahahahahahahhaaaaa

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Blue Diamond looks to be a good scope. I have a friend who has one, he likes it very much. Has it mounted on a Rem KS 300 WBY Mag. I've seen him clang some gongs at 600 yard and some milk jugs too, at different ranges.

Last edited by Hammerdown; 01/09/15.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SteveE
Well, I guess I should delved further in my search before I ask about it on here. Found some pretty terrible reviews dating from 2008 - 2013
I just get an urge to try something different when I get a new rifle. Won't be an Huskemaw.
Thx
Steve Eggers

the reviews probably consisted of people mocking the product rather than actual people who owned them. I say BUY ONE. I bet they would let you return it if you didn't like it. I would like to see someone do a tall target test on one and see if it tracks as good as nightforce like they claim. They say its made in the same factory, which well I don't think means a whole lot.

It does have a ton of great features that aren't out there on a lot of scopes. It has a zero stop that is adjustable. It also has 1 moa wind hold offs. capped windage turret.

They do sell the scope as doing more than it really does. however if you watched applied ballistics videos and coupled the scope with a powerful range finder and the applied ballistics application. I see no reason why it wouldn't work just as good if not better than other long range scopes provided the tracking is squared away.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SteveE,

I compared one side by side outside the store with a Swarovski z5. The object I was using to look at was a line chart with lines and spaces about 1/4" wide. The chart was about 300 yards away. I adjusted both as best I could for my eyes and then looked at the magnification settings. Both were about 10 1/2X. The young store clerk did the same thing and he saw the lines on about 8 1/2X.

Apparently the glass in the new Huskemaw is about the same quality as Swarovski z5's.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Track better then any Loopy. Great glass. The new Blue Diamonds are a very nice scope, don't let the haters that have never tried one sway your opinion. Try one out for yourself you won't be disappointed.

The "turret dialing" is only one part to long range shooting, any scope can be outfitted with a calibrated turret but not all can dope the wind as quickly or as accurately.

Others have tried to copy the Huskemaw and Best of the West...not so much the other way around wink

Disagree with just about every word of this post.........but to each there own.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I played with the 4-16 blue diamond in the store. I really liked it. The reticle made sense, and the turrets were crisp. I wouldn't mind trying one, but I have no idea if they are durable.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Of course you have to know what the current wind is doing......

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd have realized that was my point.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I've got a friend that saw the tv show and had to have one so he could shoot long distance. My opinion is that Huskemaw is marketed very well to a certain group of hunters (good majority?) who want to pay the price without the practice. But it also appeals to guys who had no idea that dialing was even an option. A jump off point.

Guys who have been dialing for years would never accept them because they are gimmicky. Quite true, they are definitely that and trendy to boot.

But it's actually a pretty nice scope. Been about 5 years back, but I remember being impressed with the optics and I really liked the wind holds on the reticle. I have zero idea who sells them and even less clue about their resale value. I say get one and see if you like it.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My buddy has one and it just works. Good glass and he hammers steel at 1000 with it. I wanted to not like it but !

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by smokepole

Of course you have to know what the current wind is doing......

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd have realized that was my point.

You didn't even have a point to make. Stick on the bench until you actually have experience with one.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Disagree with just about every word of this post.........but to each there own.

How many Huskemaws have you used?

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah, and be aware, guys get really sensitive about their Huskemaws.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out Shepherd scopes. Everything said about Huskemaw scopes I've heard about Shepherd scopes. It's good to have choices...

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 3,453 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,535,949
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.