Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Thanks for sharing what you read online.

No problem, thanks for sharing what your dealer friend told you. The AAC cans I have shot (both 51T) seemed to work fine but I just don't like the way they mount up. IMO, there are better options out there. Even if you are dead set on using the 51T mount, the Saker has a adapter for it along with three other mounting adapters.

Last edited by CBMJR; 01/11/15.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So the guy who's upset that people don't believe his online opinion is ridiculing people for believing an online opinion. Alright.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would have a QD mount only because when the suppressor is removed I'd rather have a brake than threads.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The 223 specific cans will save you some weight and some bucks. 30 cal Ti cans are less than a pound these days but work well.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I would have a QD mount only because when the suppressor is removed I'd rather have a brake than threads.

I'm a fan of dedicated hosts. I rarely if ever remove the suppressor.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gonzaga,what was the wait times on your cans?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I read the same thing over on M4Carbine, regards the AAC product, the internet is like "Yelp", if you see a product review by one person and its a "gushingly good" report or a "horribly negative" report it means nothing. However if most all reviews you see slant in a certain direction and they give the product 2 stars out of 5 then you should look somewhere else for the product or at least go into the purchase with your eyes open.

Some examples - Mini 14 carbines and accuracy, Benelli R1 rifles and popularity, DPMS rifles and ...., Cheap Simmons or Bushnell binoculars and optical performance, Keltec pistols with "fluff and buff", Remington rifles and "trigger recall", etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I read the same thing over on M4Carbine, regards the AAC product, the internet is like "Yelp", if you see a product review by one person and its a "gushingly good" report or a "horribly negative" report it means nothing. However if most all reviews you see slant in a certain direction and they give the product 2 stars out of 5 then you should look somewhere else for the product or at least go into the purchase with your eyes open.

Some examples - Mini 14 carbines and accuracy, Benelli R1 rifles and popularity, DPMS rifles and ...., Cheap Simmons or Bushnell binoculars and optical performance, Keltec pistols with "fluff and buff", Remington rifles and "trigger recall", etc.

pretty much, one two or even a handful of reviews(unless maybe the handful are all slanted the same way MIGHT tell you something) doesnt mean much....start reading 25 or more reviews and you see similar problems show up repeatedly it does mean something.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by jimmyp

pretty much, one two or even a handful of reviews(unless maybe the handful are all slanted the same way MIGHT tell you something) doesnt mean much....start reading 25 or more reviews and you see similar problems show up repeatedly it does mean something.....

Yep.

I wish I had done a little reading before I bought my first AR-15. That Olympic Arms wasn't all the guy at the gun store made it out to be. I don't want to come across as trashing the AAC, I just thought I would share what I had heard about them from several reputable sources and owners. If you do a quick search, you can find more than a handful of people talking about the issues. I took that info into consideration and decided to go a different direction.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a aac m4 2k mod08. Yes it can wiggle just a little depending on the individual mount. Its a 51t mount so 360�51=7�. So at most it can have upto 7� play.

I'm not sure if it affects accuracy or not. If it does, it is minor. It wouldn't be enough to make a good shot miss. I can still shoot sub-MOA with a sub-MOA gun.

I thing that it's a good compromise as I have heard of the other low tollarence mounts getting stuck on.

For a AR it's fine, but if I was going to put it on a bolt gun and wanted ultimate accuracy I would get a Ti single point can.

That said a suppressed AR is loud. I rarely shoot my AR's with my can as I don't like the added weight and balance with the can attached.

I do really like my can on my bolt action 223s. It brings it down to the same noise as my 22lr with stingers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
under a covered shooting area on an AR wear a right ear plug due to port noise, out in open no problem.

Advanced Armament is the way to go.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So whats the big reason for QD on suppressors again?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
To install or detach quickly?

I think a lot of the debate about suppressors would be moot if people could let go of their perceptions. Nobody argues whether they should use a muffler on their car. A suppressor is just a gun muffler, with the sole purpose of making guns quieter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

If I ever get one, it'll just be an accessory for uppers I already have to make them tolerable while hunting. They've already got brakes so I'd want QD.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So it can be swapped between hosts that may have different thread pitches or calibers. Also, it removes the need to keep up with thread protectors as the mounts act like a standard flash hider or brake.

Last edited by CBMJR; 01/14/15.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have two QD's, and several hosts. One, a 7.62 YHM Phantom in Stainless, has proven to be a sturdy, but heavy can at 25oz. It balance pretty well on a SBR but is a boat anchor when compared to the Ti version. A friend bought the Ti version (I have had mine for several years, before Ti was available) and just attached it to my gun and used it. Convenient.

The second is a 223 Halo which attaches to a standard flash hider and some others with the same dimensions. It offers some interchangeability with anything with the standard flashhider. They recommend timing the accessory with a peel washer before using. They just came out with a Ti version which should be nice also. The steel one is heavy also at 23oz.

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Makes sense on the answers.

I don't do anything that would require..if I swap to another gun, I put the thread protector on there.

Doesn't take enough time to bother me.

Thanks for the answers.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Makes sense on the answers.

I don't do anything that would require..if I swap to another gun, I put the thread protector on there.

Doesn't take enough time to bother me.

Thanks for the answers.

just one of those things thats 100% individual preferance, no real right answer, its just if its something that matters to the individual....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And the issue of if the QD is a good way to attach for clearance, accuracy and stability and sealing the barrel.

And if thats good, then no big deal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In my case ease of switching between hosts and a great flash hider when not wearing the can and that's the way AAC made it.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,855 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.