Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Also, if true, the Skins will likely be picking their best choices for line backers.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mariota and Winston are 1 and 2. Several mock drafts now have Winston at 1. The good news is that he'll never make it to danny boy and the REDSKINS!

2. Both Chris Mortensen and Jim Wyatt have reported that Tennessee is set to go "all in" with Zach Mettenberger next season. While that's definitely accurate right now, things may change once the Titans' front office gets to know either Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. Plus, that report may have come from the coaching staff, which is more than likely to back its current player.

If he does not go to TN then it's Oakland for sure....

Last edited by byc; 01/12/15.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You really think Oakland would do that with what they think they found with Carr? I see Oakland going for a receiver myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
byc,

I don't think so.

Tampa needs a QB desperately. One of those two goes there.

Mettenberger is a good QB, and TN has other needs. They address something else in this draft (OL?). Oakland, for once, has a QB. They need offensive weapons. Cooper makes a lot of sense. Jacksonville has a QB. They need OL and DL help. If Tampa goes Mariotta, Jameis could quite easily be on the board at #5 for Snyder to consider.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think the Jets and Bears are the most likely to draft him.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Jets are a complete cluster. They need an entire offense.

The Bears will need a QB, but they need a coach first.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 4ager
byc,

I don't think so.

Mettenberger is a good QB, and TN has other needs. They address something else in this draft (OL?). Oakland, for once, has a QB. They need offensive weapons. Cooper makes a lot of sense. Jacksonville has a QB. They need OL and DL help. If Tampa goes Mariotta, Jameis could quite easily be on the board at #5 for Snyder to consider.

I agree with this but that pick depends on what they plan on doing with Griffin, and I have no idea what is going on there with him, Gruden, and Snyder.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Jets are a complete cluster. They need an entire offense.

The Bears will need a QB, but they need a coach first.

Lucky for them they don't have to spend their first round pick on a coach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
byc,

I don't think so.

I agree with this but that pick depends on what they plan on doing with Griffin, and I have no idea what is going on there with him, Gruden, and Snyder.

That's alright, they (RGKnee, Gruden, and Snyder) don't know what's going on with them either.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Winston has a lot of growing up to do before I'd want him on my roster

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Have to see how Mariota plays tonight. Both are NFL prototypes for QB, imo. Teams have to decide if Winston's bowl game was an anomaly and whether or not his off-field antics are simply a matter of one's need to mature.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins put Cousins up for trade and worked out a higher draft pick. I'm sure other teams are considering those type options, as well.

Past history, coupled with Manziel, have folks thinking these things through a bit more thoroughly, I think.

Either way, Mariota and Winston are imminent multi-millionaires.

"I made enough money to buy Miami but i pissed it way so fast."

Winston's theme song.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The dumb-ass Bucs will take him.

Lakeland,Fl.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
byc,

I don't think so.

Dangit...I was going for all-in hopes of keeping this away from Snyder. Thank goodness for the new GM. Sure hope he keeps his sobriety.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
byc,

I don't think so.

Dangit...I was going for all-in in hopes of keeping this away from Snyder. Thank goodness for the new GM. Sure hope he keeps his sobriety.

DC deserves Jameis, and he deserves Snyder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I agree. Although, I was shocked to hear that he's a rather bright kid majoring in Engineering with a 3.4 GPA.

Really shocked.

If you look at what's left for QB's in the playoffs, there's a whole lot of smarts to go with the ability.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane

I agree. Although, I was shocked to hear that he's a rather bright kid majoring in Engineering with a 3.4 GPA.

Really shocked.

If you look at what's left for QB's in the playoffs, there's a whole lot of smarts to go with the ability.

Just because he has a declared major doesn't mean he's taken any of the engineering courses. I suspect the 3.4 comes from a lot of electives and not much of substance. He withdrew from classes last week after he declared for the draft. 3.4 off of 3 short semesters isn't much of a track record.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Really shocked.

Just because he has a declared major doesn't mean he's taken any of the engineering courses. I suspect the 3.4 comes from a lot of electives and not much of substance. He withdrew from classes last week after he declared for the draft. 3.4 off of 3 short semesters isn't much of a track record.

And likely a full time tutor to drag his ass though classes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Really shocked.

You mean several to take the classes/tests for him, right?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

African-American engineering?

Some people use another name for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Really shocked.

I'm generally a glass-half-full kinda guy. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.