Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
I think I have traded with this fine gentleman on this crate gun. Im giving a K more than I wanted but maybe I will be around long enough to get it back, I have my eyes on a 30 power Mitchell that would look real good sitting on top of this classic bad boy! very best WinPoor

Congratulations, Winpoor!! grin

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The crate gun is not home yet. Im giving him what we agreed on but he wants till Sunday to smoke it over! That is fine, I want a three day ,non shoot look see as well! very best WinPoor

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Good luck Steve.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Good luck Steve.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Man, chop and flute that barrel, stick it in a Micky and cerakote it, and that's one hel of an elk killin machine

It'd make a nice donor..

Geezus rosco! cry sick smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To be perfectly honest I would not know what to do with this crate and it's contents if it belonged to me. I guess I would sell it too. Damn I wish that 10mm Ruger revolver with 6.5" barrel didn't have extra cylinder box and papers so I could buy it. Man, to a shooter ANIB stuff really sucks! sick

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
NIB or NI crate does not bother me one bit! My 7th removed uncle is Stonewall Jackson,of Civil War fame.. If I could get my hands on his gun I would clean it up a shoot hell out of it! very best WinPoor

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
NIB or NI crate does not bother me one bit! My 7th removed uncle is Stonewall Jackson,of Civil War fame.. If I could get my hands on his gun I would clean it up a shoot hell out of it! very best WinPoor

It does the soul good to have a couple of 'special' rifles....whether or not one chooses to shoot them is a different matter.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Winchester lovers, I may well leave it in the crate and use it to try and find the crate bull gun in 300 win mag I let get away 10 or 15 years ago as I thought 2K was just to much money on a bull gun! very best WinPoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The winpoor I know is going to take that rifle out of the crate and shoot the sob.... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Winchesterpoor: I have been busy three mountain ranges east of here, chasing guns and lost track of this thread for a day or two.
I am so happy you are acquiring this woderful Rifle.
If you dare shoot it I will Hunt YOU down, and, well YOU KNOW!
IF... you insist on soothing your soul (ego?) by shooting an old, cool, 300 H&H Bull Gun then mosey on up to SW Montana and we will take out my first year manufactured, mint condition, "300 Magnum" and under my strict supervision you can fire this 78 year old Rifle.
There have been MANY dozens of instances in my long gun collecting past when I gave MORE money for a firearm than I wanted - as of today I don't resent any one of those investments/purchases.
Granted, I don't recall ever giving "a K" more than I thought a gun was worth at the time.
Take pleasure in pride of ownership of that Rifle - offending its status by taking it out and shooting it is blasphemy - I am sure.
Again good for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Long live the Riflemans Rifle.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You Win Varmint Guy! The gun is going to be delivered to a good pal in Idaho that I get my Drents Partridge Hounds from, I will not even see the gun till the next litter happens and Im taking my 12 yr old nephew out to pick the pup and gun up then. I may swing by you and shoot yours so as not to commit the sin! If I can track the 300 win mag Bull gun I let get away several years ago, that is going to be a different story! thanks the most, I do have a soul but dont have an ego!..... LMAZZO very best WinPoor

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Varmint Guy and I go back many years, I met he and a good friend name Dutch on a web site called WSSM zone as I bought a .25wssm coyote lite on a fluke, that gun has counted for untold whitetails and coyotes, I also bought a truck gun in .223 wssm that was a truck gun as I was having trouble with a black headed buzzards pecking the eyes out of baby calves hanging halfway out the Moma cows, I tried calling fish and game as one eyed purebred calves do not sell very well! long story short that .223wssm was a 2 shot wonder, it had a thin barrel and shot 3 wandered off like a drunk! The black headed buzzards figured out real quick when the big white GMC pulled in pasture during calving season something was about to explode! The red and blue headed buzzards that I grew up with were no problem at all! They wait on road kill or something to die before they do their job,the black headed ones are very aggresive, they weigh about a lb and half less than the turkey vulture, again I have no problem with the turkey vulture at all.... good guys! I still have both those wssm jobs and both are accurate, I shot later ones that were true POS, Winchester let some late stuff out the door with no QC at all!!! I was lucky. Ammo is getting hard to find, I bought a case of the 110 gr accubond .25wssms and a case of the 64 gr .223 wssms so Im set for life, the .223wssm has 250K miles in the back seat of my feed up truck,cold dirty bore it will shoot eyes out for 2 shots.... very best WinPoor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is something one does not see everyday.

.30-06 target rifle

Dreadfully expensive, but one would be like the 'White Feather' fella.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
BINGO, Slavek! I have a stilth mount that would work great on that bad boy or an 8X Unertl! Had I not just broke the bank on the crate gun that one would have to come to SW GA.... Anybody need a BASS boat with less than 50 hrs? LMAZZO very best WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 01/11/15. Reason: spelling
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dog Dam you Slavek , did you have to post that! Jeeze ,very best WinPoor
No worry, that gun sold 2 years ago, I just talked to ex owner! WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 01/11/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That rifle was nice. I liked that 24" heavy tapering barrel.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Slavek, My favorite gun that will be the gun they prob. push off in the hole with me at the end is one just like the one you posted except mine is a 56' that was factory D&T, it has target stamped in trigger, clip slotted but I have it in a bedded low comb stock. If I do my part it will cloverleaf groups all day. I check zero and nail whitetails with it using Winchester 168 gr blackbox ammo or Hornady M1 Match ammo loaded with 168 gr a maxes at a slow 2700 ft/sec. I will not hunt any woodstocked pre 64's in real bad weather, I grab the synthetic stocked guns for that and clean as soon as I take the deer to the barn. Varmint guy fusses at me about the pre 64's but trust me they all get great care! very best winpoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 01/11/15.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Another Winchester mod 70 target I wish I had not sold!
[Linked Image]
very best WinPoor (bottom gun is the one I sold for a whopping 1100 bucks!)

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Congrats Winpoor on a very nice adoption. This combined with Eric's M70 that belonged to Roger Rule are two of the nicest rifles I have seen in a very long time.

Once while contemplating dropping a large pile of hard earned dollars on a Parker 28ga a friend told me "you can pay to early but never to much for a quality firearm". I wouldn't worry about the extra K in the overall scheme of things.

Have you ever used the 75gr Hornaday V-Max in your 25WSSM? It's awesome in my Cooper.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,828
Posts18,496,595
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.