-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief you don't listen sometimes. Legally, they can deny vacation days. I've seen it done. I've had it done to me, even out of spite. And there's nothing you can do about it.

If you're sick they'll make you bring in a doctor's note just like in elementary school. So you can burn a day, but it'll cost you a doctor visit and copay every time you do. And if they can show, or think they can, that you weren't really sick they'll fire you for dishonesty.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's NYC. I don't think they'll have a problem showing a need for cops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're wasting time.

Might as well be arguing with a cop.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
first it's stop and frisk

new mayor: hey quit all that stop and frisk

new mayor: hey get out there and look busy, but don't stop and frisk

damned if you do-damned if you don't

bloomed hates big gulps, de-blowhole hates cops, koch was a homo, dinkins- pffft

what's up with these yankee mayors?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

unless there is something different in New York law they better have a past practice that shows the genuine need....

Rattler,

How hard is it for you to imagine that New York law might be different than Montana law?

Honest question.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally, I don't give two chits about what happens to the cops or citizens of NYC.
Half of the problems in this country come out of that chit hole.
The other half come out of DC.

F!@# em all.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Personally, I don't give two chits about what happens to the cops or citizens of NYC.

F!@# em all.
Yeah, and the other half comes from Californica. smile

Last edited by eyeball; 01/14/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no fan of NY, but this is an interesting development imo.

we saw the same thing in Ferguson, those charged with keeping the peace, thrown under the bus by those in ivory towers.

no different than how they treat the rest of us lowly citizens

just different for them to do so with the group that largely gives them their power, the enforcement and protection arm of gov't

while it's disturbing to me and I'm sure very upsetting to those that wear the uniform in the long haul I believe it's a good thing.

perhaps it's creating discussions amongst cops that they realize they're only a slightly higher (if that) priority over average citizens to the ruling elite.

someday if any semblance of this nation and what it was founded upon is to remain I believe Jefferson's words will ring true

I'd rather the cops be on our side

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

F!@# em all.
Yeah, and the other half comes from Californica. smile

That would be three halves but OK.

Again,,, "F@#$ em all",,, let em stew in their own juices.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Good grief you don't listen sometimes. Legally, they can deny vacation days. I've seen it done. I've had it done to me, even out of spite. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I totally agree with you, for normal stuff like natural disasters or huge conventions or city wide riots. But without being able to show any reasonable cause for denial of vacation (in violation of their contract, I'm sure), isn't there a chance the NYPD union could push this in court? I would think the NYPD union is funded well enough to do things that a lot of other cop shops couldn't.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cops, overall, are the most conservative group out there...even in NYC. They're just twisting the knife.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There're three things cops never do: they don't vote Democrat, they don't drive Cadillacs, and they never use personal vehicles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
But without being able to show any reasonable cause for denial of vacation

In response to a recent assassination of two NYPD officers we have decided that all officers will patrol in pairs. Unfortunately, this effectively cuts in half the number of units we have available to respond to calls for service. Due to continued unrest about issues arising from the death of Eric Garner this policy will continue for the foreseeable future.

In order to maintain safety for our officers and still be able to provide an exceptional level of service to our city we will be be denying all requests for leave as our department navigates this difficult time.

Additionally, this new manpower shortage will force the administration to evaluate staffing among the various districts within the city. As needs arise, officers should expect district transfers to be common. We know that this will likely cause considerable inconvenience for officers who have to report for work much farther from their homes and we hope that this necessity will soon end.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Even if the mayor wins the battle, he's going to lose the war on this one. He has no possible way to win the cops to his side while saving face in public. He's toast. Hope he takes the Dems down with him a notch or two.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you're sick they'll make you bring in a doctor's note just like in elementary school. So you can burn a day, but it'll cost you a doctor visit and copay every time you do. And if they can show, or think they can, that you weren't really sick they'll fire you for dishonesty.

The cop's union should hire a staff doc to treat and write sick notes for all the sick cops. Bet there's a lot of flu going around. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
You should delete this post before DeBlase' sees it.

Originally Posted by Calhoun
But without being able to show any reasonable cause for denial of vacation

In response to a recent assassination of two NYPD officers we have decided that all officers will patrol in pairs. Unfortunately, this effectively cuts in half the number of units we have available to respond to calls for service. Due to continued unrest about issues arising from the death of Eric Garner this policy will continue for the foreseeable future.

In order to maintain safety for our officers and still be able to provide an exceptional level of service to our city we will be be denying all requests for leave as our department navigates this difficult time.

Additionally, this new manpower shortage will force the administration to evaluate staffing among the various districts within the city. As needs arise, officers should expect district transfers to be common. We know that this will likely cause considerable inconvenience for officers who have to report for work much farther from their homes and we hope that this necessity will soon end.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I hope the mayor will soon need a cop in a hurry and has to wait.

Be nice to see him get a traffic ticket too.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Cops, overall, are the most conservative group out there...even in NYC. They're just twisting the knife.

Agreed 100%, and I still think the drastic reduction in fines revenue is part of the twisting...and I love it!

Screw the politicians and azz-kissing brass. I'm sure the people of NYC will support their PD to a far greater extent than their simpering politicians.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Im pretty sure leo on the job is more important for the survival of NYC than the present mayor.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The NYPD PBA has been working without a contract for over 4 years.

The NYPD has unlimited sick but must be seen by a department doctor who can order them back to work.

The department uses no excusal orders all the time to fill details such as Demo 's and parades or as punishments all the time.

In the NYPD you are paid for meal so meal is considered a privilege and often cancelled.

Cop's can be ordered to dress down and preform manual labor such as cleaning the station house, called the broom, or moving furnature and barrier detail.

NYC cops work very hard and have little protection.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.