Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
This from a friend who is always checking on shops in northern New England...

"Just an FYI to you. I stopped by Riley's today (a large gun and ammo retailer in the Manchester, NH area). They (like all the other retailers in the area) have caught up on their supplies of bulk (case lot) centerfire ammo, but have still been way short on 22LR ammo. About six weeks ago, they got in a good supply of Federal bulk pack (325 rnds) 22LR. They were selling it two boxes, per customer, per transaction. The price was not bad at $16 per box (usual price before the market turned upside down, was $18 per 500). In six weeks they are now out! They sold 3,000,000 rounds of 22 ammo 325 rounds at a time in six weeks! Yup, that's 3 million. They said previous to this, 3,000,000 rounds of 22 would have been one year's supply! They still have lots of bulk pack centerfire and alot of CCI 22 sub-sonic available ($27 per 500), but all out of the Federal plinking stuff. And this is little old NH.."

Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine has had a good supply of .22 ammo the lest few times I have been in their but their prices have been quite a bit higher...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven't seen much of any kind of .22 ammo here in the Indy area but I haven't wasted much time looking. I devoted my energy last year to bartering with other members on the forum, managed to come up with 7,500 rounds which will last me quite a while. Use to be that I would shoot a brick at a time, that was when my .22 battery consisted of a semi-auto and a pump. Now my .22's are all bolt actions, so I generally shoot 100 rounds or so per trip to the range.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The 22LR situation continues to improve here, at least at one little local shop. Another has had nothing for months and months-unless he's holding it back for a few friends. There's been a lot of that around here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Past couple of mounts we have had a pretty good amount showing up at a few shops here in NH I was talking to one shop owner and a Wally mart drive was there the day before telling him he had over 30,000 rounds stocked up from the drought he told him Evey time he made a delivery he would go back in the store and buy up what he delivered what a scum bag hope they rott up his arass

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Our local Wal-Mart had 12 boxes of CCI Minimags last week. I picked up 6 of them to give to some people with kids that haven't been able to get any. The price was about 6 dollars a box, which I thought was pretty high for Wal-Mart since they don't normally do a lot of price gouging. But then again, it's been a lot of years since I bought CCI by the box.

However a lot of people are still lining up at 7am on stocking days to scoop up whatever gets put out.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B2

T
T
I haven't found much 22 here around savannah georgia all year. 2 days ago I went to walmart first thing in the morning and was 1st in line. after we be about half hour they finally opened sporting goods department we're they had just brought out 2 boxes of winchester M22.
Since the limiit is 3 boxes per customer but I could have gotten both boxes of 1000 rds each but I bought 1 box and let the fellow behind me get the second box. Of course I Hope he would have done the same for me.

Last edited by TheBigE; 01/14/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Midway USA has been running CCI Std Velosity bricks for around 39.00 plus shipping. i picked up a couple bricks before Christmas and darn if they don't shoot really,really well in my 44US(a)

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Local shop around here has had CCI Mini Mags, CCI quiet, and CCI SV, for quite some time. They were selling the SV for $37.99 per brick.

In the last four times that I've been there only one brick and a hand full of Mini Mags have been sold.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My wife and I were at the Spooner Outlet in WI over New Years, and they had what I think was Winchester ammo in the 325 count box for $36. They said it was the first .22 they have had in stock for a long time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cabindweller
My wife and I were at the Spooner Outlet in WI over New Years, and they had what I think was Winchester ammo in the 325 count box for $36.

FWIW - I got some of that Winny ammo this summer at Cabelas for about $20.
Yesterday, a guy at work was saying BassPro had lots of 22LR. I went right
at quiting time. NOT one round of rimfire to be found.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Cabelas in Connecticut has Remington sub-sonic for $5.99 a box of 50 no limit. Had 30 or 40 boxes yesterday afternoon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Twelve bucks a hundred? Holy crab!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Unless he's 18 years old, there's a guy who will die with around 25,000 rounds in his closet which his widow or his mother will sell for 50 bucks.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Twelve bucks a hundred? Holy crab!

That's what CCI is going for here. Actually, $15 a hundred.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OldRooster: I attended a gunshow in Idaho this weekend and actually saw a new, "record", asking price for a 525 pack of Federal 22 hollow-point L.R.'s there - $95.00!
Needless to say, while I was there anyway, he did not sell it.
This is the 28th full month of this 22 L.R. ammo shortage.
I am hoping against hope that this may end by spring of this year.
And I could care less about "sub-sonics" and C.B. caps and "auto-match" and shorts and mexican or phillipine stuff - I want good quality American made 22 L.R. hollow-points for my useages.
28 months - something IS fishy!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As long as the speculators are willing to stand in line at Walmart to scarf up every round they put on the shelf, you are in for a tough time.

Be a little flexible and shop online a bit and you'll be able to shoot all you want and save a lot of gas, both the kind you put in your car and the kind you generate yourself.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/19/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not to start anything, but I have been able to pick up bricks of CCI SV LR every now and again, for the last two yrs. I haven't paid over $40 for any, and that includes the sales tax. I could have bought other stuff, but that's what I use to squirrel hunt with, and it shoots great out of all three rifles. All of the ammo has been purchased from LGSs. To hell with these over inflated prices I read/hear about. Also, no online ordering for me.

maddog

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The main reason I order online is that most stores don't carry what I want, except for MiniMags and Stingers. If they do, the prices are crazy, even before The Panic.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boys, I'm not unmindful of the point that one has to have RF ammo to shoot them, but somewhere along the way it would seem to me that a personal effort to curb demand across the board might help calm affairs and lead to more rational supply and costs.

I don't have distinct memory of when this crap started, but I haven't purchased any RF ammo in a couple years. At that point it was a couple bricks of Winchester WRF ammo for an ancient 1890 pump that came from my grandfather. Prior to that, the last purchase was early in the Zero years and amounted to a couple bricks of Wolf MT. Biggest RF plink outing in the last 15 years for me was last Christmas when the grandkids popped about 100 rounds of Fed Bulk at the range.

Otherwise, my .22 RF guns are purpose dedicated to hunting save one. It has been silent and will remain so until this settles down.

Meanwhile, back at the melting pot and load bench, I'm shooting more cheaply than anyone purchasing .22 RF ammo and likely having just as much fun with it. Both the Hornet and .25-20 Win are costing about 4-6 cents a pop if I used current market price for powder, primers and lead. The flintlock is cheaper still, and arguably one helluva lot more fun. The kids got a .32 caplock kit for Christmas...

Give it a little thought, there are other roads to the same destination.

.22 bullets
[Linked Image]

.25 bullets
[Linked Image]

.22 RF hoarder bullets:
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Pappy348
As long as the speculators are willing to stand in line at Walmart to scarf up every round they put on the shelf, you are in for a tough time.

Be a little flexible and shop online a bit and you'll be able to shoot all you want and save a lot of gas, both the kind you put in your car and the kind you generate yourself.

Yep,and they have it all listed on gunbroker,just pay the price !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 53 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,778
Posts18,515,708
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.