Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I have a couple pre-64s I am thinking about selling. One of these is a .375 that is like new, though the original owner installed a G&H side mount, which it comes with. What would be the best place to advertise such a rifle?

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would think here f its allowed, I'm new here and really couldn't say. Guns America come to mind. What calibers other than the 375 do you have? I'm looking for a nice Pre 64 FWT 270.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Put them in the classified section and notify folks here, with a link. They'll sell if priced fairly, with good photos. Too easy. I sold a '49 '06 here in less than a day. What's the other one you have?
Bob

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Selling the .375, .270 and .30-06. Was thinking gunbroker for the .375 because it is unusual and mint.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
DMD ol buddy. Sell them on GB if you want to make more money and reach more viewers. If you want to do a buddy to buddy deal, sell them here. Advertise them in the classifieds and post a link here, if that's the case..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Selling the .375, .270 and .30-06. Was thinking gunbroker for the .375 because it is unusual and mint.

I don't mean to be a jerk but the side mount takes it way out of the "mint" condition. The original owner paid a lot of money to put a G&H on it but he didn't help it's value. That side mount probably knocks close to $1000 off the rifles value.

You say it's unusual, what's unusual about it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any time you drill a hole of any kind in a "mint" gun you just kill it's collector value.

I know it sounds crazy, but put if you put them on GB with good pictures and good description and start them at $.01 for 14 days you are going to do as good as you can do. Everybody in the world can see them and all it takes is 2 guys on the whole planet that want the gun and it can bring stupid money.

I know cause it's happened to me, many times.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 99guy
Any time you drill a hole of any kind in a "mint" gun you just kill it's collector value.

I know it sounds crazy, but put if you put them on GB with good pictures and good description and start them at $.01 for 14 days you are going to do as good as you can do. Everybody in the world can see them and all it takes is 2 guys on the whole planet that want the gun and it can bring stupid money.

BTDT as well, only I was the seller. Stupid is as stupid does and once egos start getting butt hurt, the one with the biggest wallet wins. I'm sure they wake up with a throbbing headache in the morning too... whistle

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 99guy

BTDT as well, only I was the seller. Stupid is as stupid does and once egos start getting butt hurt, the one with the biggest wallet wins. I'm sure they wake up with a throbbing headache in the morning too... whistle

Just to clarify, I was the seller too... wink

Although on one occasion I fell into the trap as a buyer. Taught me a valuable lesson that I have cashed in on as a seller, many, many times. Humans are very interesting creatures of habit.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes, I agree 100 percent.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gunbroker all the way!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Fotis
gunbroker all the way!

Yup. I have sold a fair share of M70's, and many other firearms on there and I can honestly say I have NEVER lost money on any of them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Only a 10-day auction on GB--two weeks is too much time to rethink and back out of the bidding.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sometimes it's about making more money and sometimes it's about making someone more happy. I'll give you an example, but not be too specific here. Recently I listed one of my old rifles on GB and a friend here saw it was listed there. I had a starting price of $1,700.00 and after the first day, I had 12 guys watching it. After three days I had 21 people "watching" it. I stopped the auction early to sell to a guy here and he's loving the rifle. I also sold it for way less than the starting price listed above. As a seller, you have the option to go either way.

I'll also add that I've bought a rifle from desertmuledeer and he is one of the good guys here. He's a man of his word and actually held a rifle for me until I could scrape up enough money to pay for it. He's very good about describing his rifles and will let you know of anything out of the ordinary with anything he sells, if he sees it or is aware of it. The rifle I bought from him was a fairly new FN model 70 Extreme Weather that had sloppy bedding from the factory. He let me know about that and I reassured him I could take care of the problem wink . He's a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Only a 10-day auction on GB--two weeks is too much time to rethink and back out of the bidding.

The longer it's up the more people are going to see it.

The guys that really want it don't start checking in until about 2 hours before the auction ends anyhow.

I always set mine up to end Sunday evening, so everybody has time to drink a few beers, tuck the kids in, pop some corn and sit down and watch the action. It can be very entertaining.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

I don't mean to be a jerk but the side mount takes it way out of the "mint" condition. The original owner paid a lot of money to put a G&H on it but he didn't help it's value. That side mount probably knocks close to $1000 off the rifles value.

You say it's unusual, what's unusual about it?

I would say it is highly unusual to find a like new pre 64 .375 that has been fired less than 10 times, but is a shooter because of a side mount. Strangely, I kind of like the side mount on this one. It seems like a really sturdy, repeatable quick detach system.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
DMD, have you sold on GB before? If you list it there it will more than likely sell for what you have into it or maybe a bit more. Set a starting bid amount you are comfortable with and see how it goes..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Sometimes it's about making more money and sometimes it's about making someone more happy. I'll give you an example, but not be too specific here. Recently I listed one of my old rifles on GB and a friend here saw it was listed there. I had a starting price of $1,700.00 and after the first day, I had 12 guys watching it. After three days I had 21 people "watching" it. I stopped the auction early to sell to a guy here and he's loving the rifle. I also sold it for way less than the starting price listed above. As a seller, you have the option to go either way.
Class act right there! cool

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What is your 270? Std, FWT, SG. Please PM me with the specifics.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Thank you for the advice guys. So far, I have listed and sold the .270 here and have listed .257 here. The .375 is on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464163093

Here are some pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,551
Posts18,472,973
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.