Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
football is the most rigged sport there is. friend bets the ny bookies and he has scores a week before games more than once.

I've had my suspicions on your capacity for thought and logic in the past - thank you for removing all doubt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JOG
The Green Bay Packers gave ME a gift.

Thanks, Chokers, from the bottom of my heart.

lol

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
football is the most rigged sport there is. friend bets the ny bookies and he has scores a week before games more than once.

I've had my suspicions on your capacity for thought and logic in the past - thank you for removing all doubt.

FWIW - Vegas lost big on that game. Check the reports on MGM's books.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome to Vikingland. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
here are the state. (I hate the way this board posts charts. They're almost unreadable.) Its Seattle all the way.

Team Stat Comparison

GB SEA
1st Downs 19 20
Passing 1st downs
11 10
Rushing 1st downs
6 10
1st downs from penalties
2 0
3rd down efficiency
3-14 8-16
4th down efficiency
0-0 1-1
Total Plays 65 70
Total Yards 306 397
Yards per play 4.7 5.7
Total Drives 13 16
Passing 171 203
Comp-Att
19-34 15-30
Yards per pass
4.9 5.8
Interceptions thrown
2 4
Sacks-Yards Lost
1-7 5-25
Rushing 135 194
Rushing Attempts
30 35
Yards per rush
4.5 5.5
Red Zone (Made-Att) 1-3 2-3
Penalties 5-45 8-40
Turnovers 2 5
Fumbles lost
0 1
Interceptions thrown
2 4
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 32:15 31:04

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by SKane

FWIW - Vegas lost big on that game. Check the reports on MGM's books.

Yeah, and they lost to the NY bookies who know the scores a week ahead of time. crazy grin

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
here are the state. (I hate the way this board posts charts. They're almost unreadable.) Its Seattle all the way.

Team Stat Comparison

GB SEA
1st Downs 19 20
Passing 1st downs
11 10
Rushing 1st downs
6 10
1st downs from penalties
2 0
3rd down efficiency
3-14 8-16
4th down efficiency
0-0 1-1
Total Plays 65 70
Total Yards 306 397
Yards per play 4.7 5.7
Total Drives 13 16
Passing 171 203
Comp-Att
19-34 15-30
Yards per pass
4.9 5.8
Interceptions thrown
2 4
Sacks-Yards Lost
1-7 5-25
Rushing 135 194
Rushing Attempts
30 35
Yards per rush
4.5 5.5
Penalties 5-45 8-40
Turnovers 2 5
Fumbles lost
0 1
Interceptions thrown
2 4

Run the numbers on the last three possessions each. Far different tale before those possessions vs during.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by okok
I still cant believe the Hawks won that game. I was really disappointed that Rodgers said they were the better team. I thought he had more class. I will give him a pass because the heat of the moment. If you look at the stats the Hawks dominated in just about every category. That loss had to really hurt. I hold GB in high esteem. That two point play Russell threw I thought was the play of the game. I don't know how he had the arm strength to get it to our TE.

I will not be talking any more trash about the SB until the day of. I thought you might be glad hearing that. smile

Lol............I'll believe that when I see it.

Epic choke job by Green Bay, you were given a gift.

I know..proof is in the pudding.....Those throws by Wilson still had to have been made......

The 2 point conversion was complete luck and stupidity on the part of Dix, he should have knocked that ball down or even picked it. Poor coverage on the part of GB also had a lot to do with their comeback but that throw by Wilson at the end of the game was a thing of beauty.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So many complain in pro football that running up the score is unsportsman. These team spend a lot of money with the goal to win. I bet most Green Bay fans wish that they played to win and not to be good sportsman and not hurt the Seahawks and their fans feelings.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It's a no-brainer to say Green Bay let it slip away so if you want to call it a gift so be it. In reality I guess it was but Seattle did do enough to win and that is what it is all about. The bottom line is that it is only a football game and I have suffered through tough losses as a Packer fan before. I still believe they are the classiest franchise in the league and have no doubt they will come back from this. Maybe not right away but sooner than later.

As I stated earlier I am still proud of the team and am sure no one wanted to lose they were just victims of circumstance, most self caused by less than good execution. A championship team executes the entire game and Green Bay didn't do that.

I take comfort in the fact that even if the Seachickens win the super bowl, Green Bay will still have twice as many Lombardi trophies as the Chickens. Add to that the 11 NFL championships they won before they won the first 2 Super Bowls gives them 15 total NFL Championships, the most in NFL history.

No, it don't suck to be a cheesehead. smile

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
GB gave the game away, primarily due to poor coaching (or coaching miscalculations).

First, the "prevent offense" thing was ridiculous. At that point it was clear that Sherman was unable to use his left arm. They could have ran one formation to iso him against Jordy Nelson, thrown the high back-shoulder fade, and Sherman would have been unable to do a thing about it. They took the air out of the ball when instead they should have been pouring gas on the fire. They really only needed one first down in that situation to have truly run out the clock.

Second, the "prevent defense" allowed Seattle to march down the field unhindered, twice. Why would anyone switch out of a defense that had entirely throttled the other team for the previous 55 minutes? Why wouldn't you switch back to your "good" defense once you see that they just burned you terribly in the previous series?

Third, how untrained and undisciplined can a special teams unit be? Since when does a front blocker leap high into the air to make an attempt at grabbing a ball for himself on an onsides kick? What an idiot!

If GB truly wants to be great, they have to ask themselves some tough coaching questions. The coaches on all three units seemed to have failed when it mattered the most.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
They took the air out of the ball

No, that was the Patriots. laugh laugh

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not a big football fan, but did watch the game. I've always kind of liked the Seahawks but don't really consider myself a fan - if they're playing I'll pull for them, but otherwise could really care less. I was disgusted with their performance and until the last 5 minutes, felt Green Bay was definitely the better team. I agree there was definitely luck involved, but the fake field goal for touchdown, 2 point conversion and onside kick stood out for me as the momentum changers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Who dares, wins"

You want to start playing like a pussy expect to get pounded...

Tough lesson for GB but I hope they learned it.

Having said that, I'm still gonna root for Seattle. Apart from the Queens I don't know if there is a team I hate more than then Patriots (and that's including the Lions and Cowgirls).

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting....

So Clay Matthews finally answered why he was on the sideline for the last two series. He was "fatigued." AYFKM???? No wonder Cheeseheads are losing their [Bleeeeep!] minds. Especially while watching Earl Thomas playing with a seperated shoulder and Sherman with one arm and in obvious pain! crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Miss your flight?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your POTUS is talking about you and all the free stuff you're going to receive.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Team Stat Comparison

GB SEA
1st Downs 19 20
Passing 1st downs
11 10
Rushing 1st downs
6 10
1st downs from penalties
2 0
3rd down efficiency
3-14 8-16
4th down efficiency
0-0 1-1
Total Plays 65 70
Total Yards 306 397
Yards per play 4.7 5.7
Total Drives 13 16
Passing 171 203
Comp-Att
19-34 15-30
Yards per pass
4.9 5.8
Interceptions thrown
2 4
Sacks-Yards Lost
1-7 5-25
Rushing 135 194
Rushing Attempts
30 35
Yards per rush
4.5 5.5
Penalties 5-45 8-40
Turnovers 2 5
Fumbles lost
0 1
Interceptions thrown
2 4

Run the numbers on the last three possessions each. Far different tale before those possessions vs during.
A game isn't 3 possessions. It's 60 min. Those possessions could have come in the 1st half but in this game they happened to come at the end. It's like saying a kicker won the game with a field goal. No he didn't. He certainly contributed but it was just part of the total score that happened to come at the end. It would have counted just the same if it had been 2 quarters earlier.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Packers won the game, Russell had a terrible game, and the Pack won.
Except for the last five minutes.

That Packers interception with five minutes to play was bizarre, that guy sitting down at midfield, with 30 yards of open green grass before him. If there were 2 minutes to play, great move, but five minutes? His teammates were yelling at him to "get down."
Because they are dumb asses. Too much time on the clock. Hell, the guy might have run it in, Game Over.

That two point play was bizarre. The qb threw such a high floater, it was in the air for about 14 seconds. Hell, when I was 23 years old I could and would have broken up that play. I was no pro caliber safety at that age, but I was a 6-3 and 195 pound college soccer player, in great shape. Just run up there and knock the damn ball down, I could easily have done it. What I mean is, it had to be an easy play if I could have made it, when I was 23.

What the hell that Pack safety was doing that he blew that play I don't know. He already had 2 interceptions, I guess he figured the game was over and he didn't have to try hard.

The Pack will be kicking themselves in the ass for many years, for blowing that game. I really wanted the Packers to win, made me sick.

re: okok Matthews benched himself for the last two series? I didn't notice that during the game. What the ****? Good Lord, go back to Green Bay and go ice fishing and drink beer, you chumps, you don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 01/20/15.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1badf350, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,016
Posts18,500,347
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.