Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he's lucky he didn't get shot!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The libs are all up in arms that the guy was charged with battery. In their minds, the CCW holder should be charged.

Seriously.

To make it even better, the CCW is a black guy, and the idiot who tackled and choked him is a white guy.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Crazy. Surprised the a hole didn't get shot.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

I'm not so sure it was luck. Guy comes from behind shouting "he's got a gun" and puts you in a chokehold, you going to shoot him? I think, probably not. On second thought, the mall ninja probably is lucky that he at least thought to let everyone know what he was doing. The carrier just assessed the situation reasonably, just as most of us would have.

Last edited by FreeMe; 01/21/15.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The libs are all up in arms that the guy was charged with battery. In their minds, the CCW holder should be charged.

Seriously.

To make it even better, the CCW is a black guy, and the idiot who tackled and choked him is a white guy.

That's got to cause all kinds of cognitive dissonance with the libs. Shouldn't foster be charged with a hate crime?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Seriously.

That's got to cause all kinds of cognitive dissonance with the libs. Shouldn't foster be charged with a hate crime?

I believe so!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Probably, the DOJ should investigate Foster for racism, therefore, a hate crime.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Common sense is at a premium these days, and stupidity reigns...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Idiots gonna die by appointing himself a caped crusader for public good. crazy

Trump Won!
IC B3

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm guessing most HOOD boys aren't 62 years old. Maybe he looks young for his age. ED K

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm not so sure it was luck. Guy comes from behind shouting "he's got a gun" and puts you in a chokehold, you going to shoot him? I think, probably not. On second thought, the mall ninja probably is lucky that he at least thought to let everyone know what he was doing. The carrier just assessed the situation reasonably, just as most of us would have.

Then why carry?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Seriously.

damn right! A black guy being put in a choke hold? Dammit man!!!

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

Then why carry?

I don't understand the question. Does carrying mean that you stop using your head?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

Then why carry?

I don't understand the question. Does carrying mean that you stop using your head?

You must have mind reading powers or you carry only to make yourself feel better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My take on this situation is this: if gun had really been concealed this fellow would never had known that he was carrying in the fist place and none of the rest would have happened. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pukkin idiot, that's a good way to get shot. A choke hold is lethal force, you'd be within your rights to shoot someone who did that completely unprovoked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conservatives could really turn this one around on the libs. Honest question, would the guy have done the same thing if the CCW guy was white?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You must have mind reading powers or you carry only to make yourself feel better.

No, I read the whole story. Of course we never really get the whole story, but it reads to me like the victim in this case had sufficient reason to believe that the attacker was simply mistaken, and might be stopped without serious harm to either. If he had simply shot the guy straight out, I suppose he might have been legally okay - but if he found himself in court over it, "reasonableness " would make or break him. All such incidents are fluid and fast, so a "shoot or no shoot " decision was surely in the making. But I disagree that it was necessarily an appropriate response.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Conservatives could really turn this one around on the libs. Honest question, would the guy have done the same thing if the CCW guy was white?

My money says no.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,760 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,420
Posts18,528,297
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.