Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
In my book Titled: "Bajillions Of Rounds Fired"...I mention that I've long had an affinity for Reseve RPM and for more than a couple/few reasons,which also happen to be facts.

I also mention that the ONLY way to connect dots,is via the harmonious melding of twist/throat/COAL.

Haven't been stating same,for much more 3 decades.

I can only lead 'em to water...and would refuse to make 'em drink,even if I could.............(grin)

Sounds like a good read grin

Curiously enough it seems like the same hints keep getting dropped by numerous sources, but nobody's playing catch...and nobody's thirsty...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe we should have a chart that shows how many have been lead to water and how many have actually drank it!!

LOL!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You should get on that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
News flash. A big percentage of the members here have figured out the relationship between twist rate, bullet weight and mag box and chamber dimensions a long time ago. But there is some comic relief listening to those thinking they're some kind of messiah on all this. lmao And I'll go right out on a limb here and guess that every rifle maker has knowledge of this as well smirk The question is do they want to sell for factory ammo and Joe six pack (biggest % of the market) or include those that want to squeeze what they can out of the package via their handloads. These guys obviously are at least asking the questions of the later. Good on them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just buy whatever projectiles are on super-cheaprse-special so I can shoot more.

Is there a way to twist a barrel and throat a chamber to suit whatever bullets happen to be cheapest this week?

laugh

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Salty303
News flash. A big percentage of the members here have figured out the relationship between twist rate, bullet weight and mag box and chamber dimensions a long time ago. But there is some comic relief listening to those thinking they're some kind of messiah on all this. lmao And I'll go right out on a limb here and guess that every rifle maker has knowledge of this as well smirk The question is do they want to sell for factory ammo and Joe six pack (biggest % of the market) or include those that want to squeeze what they can out of the package via their handloads. These guys obviously are at least asking the questions of the later. Good on them.

The highlighted sentence gives the impression you believe satisfying the latter would somehow negatively affect the former.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly. It just ain't so!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There had to be some method to their "madness" because their 26 Nosler is twisted 1-8" so I'll just assume they went, for the most part, with SAMMI specs. Why else would you twist a 7-08 in 1-9 ish, a 7mm Mag in 1-9 ish, 280 in 1-9 ish and then twist the 280 Ackley in 1-10" ?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Because they ain't shooters, they are marketers, albeit not very good ones.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman

The highlighted sentence gives the impression you believe satisfying the latter would somehow negatively affect the former.

No not at all they can serve both real easy just go with fast twists. But a lot of the FA industry seems slow to grasp this but it seems to be changing a bit lately. Real long throats could potentially take away from the best accuracy with factory length ammo though. But the twist is a no brainer

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Once manufactures figure out the trinity they'll have it licked
Twist, mag constraint and throat
I'm not holding my breath

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Once manufactures figure out the trinity they'll have it licked
Twist, mag constraint and throat
I'm not holding my breath

MRC utilizes a 3.125" mag box in short actions. In a 260 and 308, I've yet to encounter a bullet that will not jam into the lands and still load into the mag box. They will run twist rates as requested. There is a group buy in progress in the Hunting Rifle section with details. The 1:10 is standard for the 308 and will run anything a 308 can push, and 1:9 for 260, but the group buy is for 1:8.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure you're right about that with regards to the SAMMI guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No not at all they can serve both real easy just go with fast twists. But a lot of the FA industry seems slow to grasp this but it seems to be changing a bit lately. Real long throats could potentially take away from the best accuracy with factory length ammo though. But the twist is a no brainer

Holy Gawdammned Fhuqking Schit..you poor poor CLUELESS Kchunt! WOW!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS gonna be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". Rest assured that it is ONLY fhuqking funny,because you are doing your "best".

A few 1000 words on them "real long" throats that are "requisite" for the GOOD stuff.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No need to yet again obliviously reiterate your INCREDIBLE fhuqking cluelessness,though you most certainly will. Laughing!

Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret"...it's hardly "daunting" to connect all dots,less concession. Funniest part is,none of you Dumb Fhuqkers would have a fhuqking clue.

Hint.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY stupid fhuqk.................

Jordan,

It is in fact,a rather fabulous read................(grin)

338',

While the inherent humor of a Chart is indeed tough to top,pics of these "hard chargers' will of course reliably trump same and take Hilarity to the next level.(grin)

Though for some reason,these Lippy Clueless Kchunts is a touch uneasy in danglin' pics,but at least Imagination and Pretend are priced within their "means".

Laughing!...............

'17,

Bang for the Buck is very easily arranged and that pun,is of course intended.

Pass the A-Max.

Hint.................

math',

Don't go stealing her Imagination or Pretend...if only because it's ALL she's got and that would be mean.

Let's just hope the cat don't get her tongue,nor the couch her kchunt..................(grin)

'george,

Some get thangs right and key is,to know who do and who don't.

And most importantly WHY.............

'finn,

It's still SAAMI.

Just sayin'.....................

(An Addendum for one of THE dumbest of fhuqks)

Salty,

Sweetheart...you are doing "great"! Your keen "insight" is a fhuqking hoot! PLEASE change your story as you deem fit,in order to convince yourself that you've the foggiest of notions,in regards to these most simplistic of matters. Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that with "all" you think you "know",even someone as fhuqking incredibly stupid as you,KNEW better than to cite a single bullet or a single chambering. LOVE your pics too. Re-laughing!

It remains a crying shame,that you are the only one who doesn't know how far you are in over your pointy fhuqking head.

P.S. and by the way,it is still "realize"...just sayin'. Laughing!

Who chews your food for you?!?

Wow +P+!

Looking forward to more fresh Excuses and to marvel at how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend are to you. Perhaps consider going FULL Retard and threaten Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to really put a scald on what you've got going on.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard!

Bless your heart,you poor poor Drooling Dumbfhuqk................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Holy Gawdammned Fhuqking Schit..you poor poor CLUELESS Kchunt! WOW!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS gonna be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". Rest assured that it is ONLY fhuqking funny,because you are doing your "best".

A few 1000 words on them "real long" throats that are "requisite" for the GOOD stuff.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No need to yet again obliviously reiterate your INCREDIBLE fhuqking cluelessness,though you most certainly will. Laughing!

Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret"...it's hardly "daunting" to connect all dots,less concession. Funniest part is,none of you Dumb Fhuqkers would have a fhuqking clue.

Hint.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY stupid fhuqk.................

*Yawn* A barrage of your usual cut and paste insults and the only information in your diatribe is a picture of bullets. To counter what I said on throats I take it? Focus dude. I said shorter OAL rounds may not agree with the longest throats. Key word may. But I'm wasting my time aren't I you're just here to for the trolling, the drama and to dish out your tired old two bit insults especially when you're beat at your own game of BS. Guess its worth watching the train wreck when things are slow anyways, its all good..

Last edited by Salty303; 02/25/15.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
it takes a short "throat" to accomplish the things being discussed, not a long one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I realise that.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Real long throats could potentially take away from the best accuracy with factory length ammo though.

Then what brought on this comment?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're right about the Amax and I recently lucked into a coupla' thousand, 168 grainers in 30 cal. They've got green tips, but for some queer reason they were near giving them away!

Cheap cheap.

Shame they weren't 208s or even 178s.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Real long throats could potentially take away from the best accuracy with factory length ammo though.

Then what brought on this comment?

We were discussing the whys and why nots of having the best chamnber design (long to take advantage of today's long high BC bullets) and the best twist rate to accommodate these heavier bullets and thinking out loud I threw out what this might mean to Joe 6 pack who is stuck with only factory ammo. I said going with a nice fast twist rate would have no ill effects for Joe 6 pack or anyone else, its a slam dunk. Then I said the above, that going beyond SAAMI throat length may not work the optimum for SAAMI (factory) length ammo. That was nit picking, a "what if" type take on the matter. All I meant is the twist is a no brainer, throat design not necessarily. ie how much of a jump will the bullets be happy with, you'd have to experiment and see.

I realise now I should have left the last bit out I've just muddied the waters with nit picking there. Apologies to all for lack of clarity. Even Big Stick, sort of. grin

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.