Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Just watching an old movie yesterday.
George Peppard shot both locks clean into.
First time every time.
It works all the time, in the movies.

Anyone done that for real?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've also seen them knock a lock off with the grip of a pistol.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had an old chain, not real thick laying around the shack. It had part of a tree grown around it. As it was laying there and I had a new Ruger in 45 Colt and some HSM cowboy loads there - I gave it a whirl.

From a distance of 7 feet or so and about 15 rounds - I never split that chain. Hit it a lot but never caused it to break.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I prefer dynamite. Just be sure to use enough.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
12 Gauge Slug!

There are "breaching" rounds that are made of powdered medal that reduces ricochet. Not sure if available for civilian market?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This has Darwin Award potential.

D
D
A good hacksaw on the old stuff the new hardened locks chain you will need a grinder. don

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wondered about setting dynamite off with a bullet. So, many years ago, I placed a half stick in the fork of a mesquite tree about 6 in dia at base. I backed off and nailed it first shot with a little Browning 22.

Split the tree right down to the ground. Ol' Gene and Roy weren't lying. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Gene I knew an old acquaintance from Moran Tx who had a classmate tie a stick on a buzzards leg. With a long fuze. Had ideas of watching the poor bird blow up riding a thermal.
Well buzzard finally got off ground and lit on ridge of barn roof. Apparently it's had for a buzzard to fly with a stick of dynamite tied to his leg. Results are not hard to guess.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BangPop
This has Darwin Award potential.

I had a buddy back in school that tried shooting the lock out of an old 50 something car trunk with a 22lr from ~5 ft and had it bounce back and hit him in the thigh. He bled.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few years ago, I had a 3" Master padlock that we had lost the key. I hung the lock on a fence post, backed off about 10', and a 180 grain Partition from my .30 Gibbs literally shattered that lock.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When I was young I tested this theory with a 20gauge slug and it worked great.

In other news, gas tanks on old trucks do not explode when you shoot them. Which in hindsight, was a good thing.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In other bad news, chairs don't break over someone's back like they do in the movies...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A bunch of buddies plinking at an old scrap yard one day with old milsurps. One guy shot an AP round into a steel plate a little too close. The core punched on through, the jacket and lead came back and whacked him in the forehead. He bled.

Once, in my youth, I thought it would be cool to have a coin with a bullet hole through it. I put a nickel on the trunk of an apple tree and backed off to about ten feet with my .22 (loaded with shorts.) That bullet came buzzing back and just nicked my left ear lobe....

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I knew some wild young lads, back in the seventies. One lad was a bs artist, he was getting married in a week and had promised his fiancee he had $2 K in the bank. The sapsucker didn't have 2 nickels to rub together.
These geniuses had heard that you could rob a pay phone and get hundreds of $ in quarters.

The buddy of the engaged boy went to a pay phone at midnight, the engaged boy waited at the wheel of the getaway car. I think alcohol was involved. He closed the door to the booth, didn't want the sound to get out.
He pulled his Walther .32 acp and fired two shots at the lockbox. Dumb ass had a pillow case in his left hand, opened and ready to rake all the quarters in to.

The terrific noise of the gunshots in the little phone booth stunned the lad. He felt for the shattered lock so he could rake out the quarters. There was no damage to the lock box, as he said it, not a scratch on it.

The other dumb ass did get married on schedule, divorced 8 months later.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Classic!!
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I prefer dynamite. Just be sure to use enough.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In other news, just like in the movies, you can make a stick of dynamite explode if you shoot it with a rifle. You can take a Marlin .22 and shoot the stick at a range of 50 feet. It will not explode. After several such shots, the stick will be shot in two.
At that point, if you place the two half sticks back-to-back, and shoot them at a range of 10 feet, they will explode.*

*The explosion will knock you on your ass.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 01/26/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
In other news, just like in the movies, you can make a stick of dynamite explode if you shoot it with a rifle. You can take a Marlin .22 and shoot the stick at a range of 50 feet. It will not explode. After several such shots, the stick will be shot in two.
At that point, if you place the two half sticks back-to-back, and shoot them at a range of 10 feet, they will explode.*

*The explosion will knock you on your ass.

They will explode at any range with a .243 Win.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Gene I knew an old acquaintance from Moran Tx who had a classmate tie a stick on a buzzards leg. With a long fuze. Had ideas of watching the poor bird blow up riding a thermal.
Well buzzard finally got off ground and lit on ridge of barn roof. Apparently it's had for a buzzard to fly with a stick of dynamite tied to his leg. Results are not hard to guess.

Oh man, that is too funny.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Esox357
12 Gauge Slug!

There are "breaching" rounds that are made of powdered medal that reduces ricochet. Not sure if available for civilian market?

A friend claims 7-1/2's work great from about 3'.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,125 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.