Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Just curious what the experts think.

Education (or the lack of appreciation for)
Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kneegros and wetbacks!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh geez, another debate with no real answers.

me, my kids, and the neighbors kids all have a social license to shoot and kill as licensed by the state. (a hunting license can be purchased for a fee)

that means, the gov't sanctions the release of aggressive, masculine energy through a state sanctioned process).

inner city kids can't go there, and do that.

no legal arms for the most of them.

we could go further, but i've said enough.

y'all figure it out. it's on your table.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Victims or victimizers?

Both, neither, or a combination?

Common denominator?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So, the root cause is the need to kill?

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Blacks are simply inherently violent. Their violent nature is the direct result of an African evolutionary strategy that has no place in the modern world.

Europeans evolved with a different strategy, one of kindness and cooperation.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Blacks are simply inherently violent. Their violent nature is the direct result of an African evolutionary strategy that has no place in the modern world.

are you an apologist for the pc folks who walk among us?

just asking.

we already know the xtians walk among us. the muslims are following the beachhead.

i like the idea of the Appalachian-American viewpoint. but, is that legal? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're arse-holes.

But seriously, I think you hit on it:

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

Although I wouldn't really put racism in there...it plays some role (both ways mind you), but it's really a poverty/education thing. And because of that the inner-city "thug" mentality is to shun education and any legitimate effort to better oneself.

But the biggest factor is education. People need to be better educated...but we have to get them to understand that they need the education first, and that's a problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Strangely, blacks kill about the same number of people as whites per year in the US...but blacks comprise less than 13% of the total population statistically.
There is an indication that they either value life less or are more violent by nature or lack the wherewithal to realize the consequences of their actions ?

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh dear God, are you chitting me??? Genius conclusion you have drawn, what's your IQ, 10??

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The greatest issue is lack of positive role models and no dad in the home: dad, not just some messed up male. Everything else is affected/created by those.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Oh dear God, are you chitting me??? Genius conclusion you have drawn, what's your IQ, 10??

No sense getting bent out of shape.

Go ahead and stick to your nice and tidy 'poverty' theory...

You are consumed with white guilt that the media has shoved down your throat for the last 50 years.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Create higher unemployment by forcing progressive tax programs and regulations on businesses/landowners which pushes the businesses/landowners to find a better life elsewhere...

Throw in public housing to bait the "unemployed" from leaving the projects to find work...thus creating a home grown voter base to continue the "progressive" scam...

Take away the need for fatherhood through supplemental welfare for single mothers with increased benefits for each additional child...

..and with the disenfranchised male utes (created by the welfare mothers need to increase income: see above)running around with no father or job opportunities you mix in a bunch of illicit drugs to provide the only perceived avenue to make money and you now have a stew that makes even the Orks of Mordor quiver with envy.

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/28/15.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a lot of kindness exhibited by the Europeans, many of whom were well educated, who planned "The Final Solution" at Wannsee on 01/20/1942. Kindness would have been to send those people identified for "transportation" to a neutral country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are consumed with white guilt that the media has shoved down your throat for the last 50 years.
Go hang with your Stormfront buddies. White guilt has nothing to do with it...that's what the Klan guys say to anyone who disagrees with them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not a lot of kindness exhibited by the Europeans, many of whom were well educated, who planned "The Final Solution" at Wannsee on 01/20/1942. Kindness would have been to send those people identified for "transportation" to a neutral country.

Again, I was counting down the seconds until someone mentioned the holocaust.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There was a time the black community was well behaved. I knew a lot of older black families when I did work in the inner city. Those were really good people. They had several things in common.
(1) They worked really hard.
(2) They diciplined their kids.
(3) They got married , then had kids.

I am sure they were not the type to fall for the rce bait crap , and feel sorry for me cause my 11th great grandparents were slaves. They baught house for $1 and we fixed them to code, 30k later they had a nice house. No doubt those little kids are educated, have a job and are not in jail. Also, the rural black people are much the same around here. They don't bother anyone.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tribal instincts.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Go hang with your Stormfront buddies. White guilt has nothing to do with it...that's what the Klan guys say to anyone who disagrees with them.

You're just like Birdwatcher, who claims that white women getting murdered by their black spouses at a clip 1240% above the white equivalent, is 'insignificant'.

Inherent violence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
There was a time the black community was well behaved. I knew a lot of older black families when I did work in the inner city. Those were really good people. They had several things in common.
(1) They worked really hard.
(2) They diciplined their kids.
(3) They got married , then had kids.

I am sure they were not the type to fall for the rce bait crap , and feel sorry for me cause my 11th great grandparents were slaves. They baught house for $1 and we fixed them to code, 30k later they had a nice house. No doubt those little kids are educated, have a job and are not in jail. Also, the rural black people are much the same around here. They don't bother anyone.

Well that can't be true... According to Ghostinthemachine, they are pre disposed to violence through evolution; they're genetically coded to be animals. Oh, is my white guilt coming through again?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What are the root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

A lack of respect for human life. The root cause of that phenomenon can be singular or compound, but mostly compound.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

race, and years of entitlement syndrome.

Sam......

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

Ok, the root problem is roots. If women would cut off the bleck roots the problem would disappear after a generation.

Oh, i mean cut off using bleck roots.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/28/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Whatever problems we started with 100 years or so ago have been made much worse by government meddling.

A prime example that we don't often think of is the minimum wage law. If a prospective employee doesn't have enough skill to return more value to the organization than the minimum wage costs, that prospective employee isn't going to get a first job. Low skill workers are systematically excluded from jobs that would help them build skills and a record of dependability. So they find themselves at 27 with no skills, no high school diploma, no prospects, and no way to support themselves. And that's a problem.

There was indeed a time in the US when most black families were religiously inclined and had two parents in the home. Our welfare system has pretty much destroyed that.

With all the best intentions in the world, we have meddled ourselves into a situation much worse than the problems we sought to solve.

Unemployed, unemployable, no religious or moral values, no personal investment in the community, and a strong sense of entitlement are a toxic combination.

Last edited by denton; 01/28/15.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Inner cities suffering from poverty and unemployment have always been the source of violence above and beyond the norm. Whether it was Italians or Irish or Polish in New York or Chicago slums in days gone by, or mexicans or blacks in many American cities now, or middle eastern and north african immigrants in slums in France, I think humans just don't do well shoved shoulder to shoulder with too much idle time and too much poverty.

There's insufficient societal infrastructure in place to keep the scum from preying on the weak, and then the gangs rise up.

Nothing racial about it, imho, though there are cultural aspects which may change the degree. Single parent families with no time to spend with children is obviously one, similar to a large number of orphans.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

Money/power.

Next question.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Broken homes and "kids raising kids".

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Bloods vs Crypts. Hutus vs Tutsi. Same same. It's simply tribal warfare.

O

Too old to suffer fools
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
As long as it's city folk killin' city folk I don't give a schit why they're doin it so long as they are, nor do I care if they ever stop.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hitler did it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Like Hitler and Stalin? Missing the sarcasm if there is any.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its cultural, nothing more....DNA doesnt factor in cause the same thing happens regardless of skin color.....the minute parents start not giving a chit things go down hill...so long as parents care and are highly involved with the raising of their offspring things stay on a pretty even keel no mater what race....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drugs!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
People

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Drugs!

no cause drugs are a normal part of the human condition....about the worst as far as causing societal problems is alcohol but even it requires alot of other chit to happen to be a real problem....

gotta remember just cause its legal doesnt mean its not a drug..

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I honestly don't care.
As long as they keep shooting each other = Win/Win

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smarquez

Hey Tesla, I'm talking about evolutionary strategy over 10s of thousands of years...not something some white folk might have done just 70 friggen years ago.

Aggressive violent behavior was rewarded in sub-Saharan Africa over millennia, they bred, and what we got is the 'modern' Negro.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What my Souta African friends say, they are the same EVERYWHERE..

NBN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez

Hey Tesla, I'm talking about evolutionary strategy over 10s of thousands of years...not something some white folk might have done just 70 friggen years ago.

Aggressive violent behavior was rewarded in sub-Saharan Africa over millennia, they bred, and what we got is the 'modern' Negro.

same in Europe....people are people...how they are raised makes the difference....boundries in Europe have been far from static for thousands of years due to tribal warfare....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Create higher unemployment by forcing progressive tax programs and regulations on businesses/landowners which pushes the businesses/landowners to find a better life elsewhere...

Throw in public housing to bait the "unemployed" from leaving the projects to find work...thus creating a home grown voter base to continue the "progressive" scam...

Take away the need for fatherhood through supplemental welfare for single mothers with increased benefits for each additional child...

..and with the disenfranchised male utes (created by the welfare mothers need to increase income: see above)running around with no father or job opportunities you mix in a bunch of illicit drugs to provide the only perceived avenue to make money and you now have a stew that makes even the Orks of Mordor quiver with envy.

Sounds about right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Europeans have been out of mud huts for less than 2000 years, while civilization was being formed in Egypt and the middle east.

Caucasians were late to civilization.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Europeans have been out of mud huts for less than 2000 years, while civilization was being formed in Egypt and the middle east.

Caucasians were late to civilization.

Yeah right...you do know the difference between Egypt and the sub-Saharan right? You sound like a Negro taking credit for the pyramids. Learn some geography.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Again, everyone wants to find something to blame. As I said, it's people, or to be more precise, the individual. It's not drugs, weather, etc etc, it's entirely up to each individual what type of person they will be.

Individual responsibility apparently isn't a big one to hit on, because 'people' don't know how to address that and can't throw vast amounts of money/control at it. You can fight drugs, poverty etc with program after program.

It's the individual, each and everyone. When you wake up in the morning you decide to either be a good person, or not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the 20 years my wife, who is a nurse, and I have been together I have had the great pleasure to meet some wonderful BLACK healthcare professionals as well as other BLACK technicians, nurses and rehab specialists.

Many have commented on how the AAs are lazy and of low moral character.

Apples and oranges !!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
The greatest issue is lack of positive role models and no dad in the home: dad, not just some messed up male. Everything else is affected/created by those.

^This

Kids are raised without the influence of parents and family; and two parents are better than one. When kids start out without good parents there's no amount of social services that can make up for it. It's just a bunch of money thrown at the problems to assuage the guilt of society.

There will always be a few kids that make it but the odds are overwhelmingly against them.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

These gangs seem to me to represent the base social unit of a tribe. And, tribes owe allegance to the unit and the unit imposes mores of accepted social behavior on the members thru a heirachy of control.

Why do hunting packs of carnivores stalk and kill? For the sport of it and to eat. The act reinforces the tribal pecking order, the identity and stability of the unit.

Inner city gangs act more like primitive tribes/packs, in conflict with the prevailing social structure in which they perceive they have no control or influence.

This is an example of people reverting to base animal insticnts of identity and survival. The three main animal instincts are survival of self, survival of species and reproduction of like kind. Gangs exploit those base instinicts.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ghost,

By your grasp of evolution, we should have a LOT more violence in America...I mean they're ALL pre-disposed to violence; it's genetically coded in them. They're physically incapable of anything civilized.

Dood, you're friggin OUT THERE!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
As long as it's city folk killin' city folk I don't give a schit why they're doin it so long as they are, nor do I care if they ever stop.

Pretty much how i see it too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

Did the shooting in the Big O, over the weekend, prompt this question?
The thing I just cannot understand about the situation is that the people there obviously knew the shooters and they won't tell the cops anything.

The last time I was in the old Crossroads Mall there were T-shirts all over that read: "See a Snitch - Kill a Snitch" and "I'd Die Before I'd Snitch", etc. etc.

Really gives little hope for Earnie's kin and clan.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, my Wife was lamenting about the two young women who were killed and got mad at me when I told her that those young women put themselves in harm's way when they chose to party with gangsters. The OWH reported that the shooting was done by one subset of the Bloods gang going after a different Bloods subset and that there were around 50 people in or around the vacant house when the shooting started at 2:00 AM Inter-gang civil war? A dispute over drug turf? Just cause it was a slow night? Don't know and even if I did know, there isn't anything that I could do to influence change.

Except for a few zip codes in northeastern and southeastern Douglas County, I think that most people in Nebraska, regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or national origin are pretty safe from becoming the victim of a homicide.

If you're interested in some "shoot yourself in the foot" statistics, check out the data for the distribution of STDs, particularly gonorrhea and syphilis, and the births to unwed and minor women in Douglas County at www.douglascountyhealth.com. It looks to me that, if safety is a concern, staying out of about 100 square miles of Nebraska will do the trick. Just stay in, or visit, the other 77,321 square miles and you will be reasonably safe from becoming a victim of violent crime or getting infected with gonorrhea or syphilis.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Create higher unemployment by forcing progressive tax programs...

..and with the disenfranchised male utes (created by the welfare mothers need to increase income: see above)running around with no father or job opportunities you mix in a bunch of illicit drugs to provide the only perceived avenue to make money...

Originally Posted by denton
Whatever problems we started with 100 years or so ago have been made much worse by government meddling...

And by creating and escalating the war on drugs.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One word, IGNORANCE.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Lack of a Christian upbringing
2. Ebonics instead of proper English
3. Race baiting poverty pimps as public role models

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dirtfarmer ^^^^above stated better than I can.
The gang is the family\tribe\pack.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
1. A welfare system that pays people to not work.

2. A morality system that encourages people to have children with many different partners.

3. A national leadership that encourages above behavior.

4. An education system that promotes sloven behavior and awards laziness.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
root cause is that there is a bunch of feral animals out there for many reasons. They will prey on each other and innocent folks. The only way to deal with them is remove them from our polite society by any means needed, not keep supporting them and their spawn. But that is exactly what our Obama, state and local Govt, and all the other PC azzwipes are going to do

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is an old saying..."If you want to know what you will be in five years, look at your friends today."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Kneegros and wetbacks!

Curiously enough, that was the first thought that came to mind for me too.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There is an old saying..."If you want to know what you will be in five years, look at your friends today."
funny thing the same ones for 50 years or more in my case

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blanket
funny thing the same ones for 50 years or more in my case

By choice, I presume? The same applies to the 'hood.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
luck I guess

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What are the root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

Sin!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

LACK OF FATHERS..........discipline and guidance.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

None of the above. What's causing this is the lack of "common sense" gun control. Just ask any campfire democrat. A few examples they might give you are bans on things like bayonet lugs, pistol grips, bazookas, barrel shrouds, machine guns, and collapsible stocks.

Edit: I forgot gunshow loopholes whatever those are.

Last edited by mog75; 01/28/15.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

There's just one; money.

Competition over drugs, that gets you the money. Competition over women, that you get with the money.

An inner city youth gets gunned down, the cops release a statement saying there was a dispute over drugs or a woman, or both. But underneath that, it's money.

An inner city youth gets arrested for killing another inner city youth. He may say the dead kid "disrespected" him. That disrespect came from a dispute over drugs or status within a gang, or a woman. But underneath that, it's money.

Money brings respect and women. Access to drugs, which brings the money, comes from status.

To get the money, you've got to have status and respect. To keep the status and respect, you've got to get the money. To get the women and keep them ...

You get the idea.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

This is easy, just ask any career teacher. Can be summarized in one word.... parents. Or the lack thereof.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Money/power.

Next question.

Travis

Nah. I have little of either and I am pretty civil and well behaved.

Many of my relatives (most) come out of either newark, rural PA & pinebarrens... not a lot of cash in my ancenstry. Just hard working folk who stayed out of trouble at a greater rate than most.

Big Al Shrptn and Holder and ... have plenty of both, and they still act like D bags.

I think its mostly not having any good role models OR not valuing those htings that the rest of society does (hard work, dont break law...) followed by the lure of aggression (macho [bleep]) and easy short term $.

I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I just had words with one at work yesterday, 16 and mean as a f&&king snake. But... if ya know his circumstances it ain't hard to understand.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caused by liberals and racist black leaders telling the blacks are entitled to a free living. The robbed will not miss it, they have more than they need and should spread it around to those who don't have as much.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

This is easy, just ask any career teacher. Can be summarized in one word.... parents. Or the lack thereof.

The OP specified gang violence. The vast majority of poor kids without parents do not become gangbangers.

To put it another way, every gangbanger has parentless brothers and sisters who are not gangbangers.

Their lives may suck, but most of them never kill or try to kill anybody.

Ask any career cop, like Pat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Causes??? Pure hatred and power. Worked in da 'hood for 24 years. They hate. They hate themselves most of all, but the sheer brutishness is aimed at everybody. They want power. Power to do harm.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever problems we started with 100 years or so ago have been made much worse by government meddling.

I have not made it to the end so maybe this has been brought up, but the above coupled with jerking them out of the stone age, and freeing them without them knowing how to handle the modern freedom. Since they did not know how to be productive citizens on their own, they were taken advantage of and never adjusted as they should have. Not knowing, they could not pass on, what to do and what not to do. Lots of the same problems with the American Indian. The war of Northern Aggression served them as badly as it did Southern White people. Do not be mistaken, I think they should have been freed or better yet, not enslaved, but it was handled wrong for the future of America. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I just had words with one at work yesterday, 16 and mean as a f&&king snake. But... if ya know his circumstances it ain't hard to understand.

Pat him on the head and wipe the tear from his eye, Birdie.
That should make both of you feel better.

I've had the pleasure of meeting blacks from Africa who lived under horrific and deadly conditions that emigrated to the US and prospered. A cute charming little black girl with an enchanting smile from Liberia working slightly above the minimum wage that wiped my azz and helped me to my wheelchair when I could barely move comes to mind.
The AAs are trapped in their own mindset fostered by their "leaders"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legislation outlawing Big Gulps.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What if nobody will be your friend?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there is a black kid that works in the local sams club, so black he is almost blue. Most polite nice young man you would want to run into and he was/is an immigrant from africa. He is totally different than the local culture, and not fair to pin him with that.
A lot of it has to do with the parents/family culture, or lack thereof.
a good friend of mine was raised in compton, black too. And a multimillionaire and holds several advanced degrees. He could have easily gone to the gangs. He wanted something better. His father was a security guard and his mother worked in a laundry, to provide a basis for their kids having something better. His brother is a stockbroker for Morgan Stanley by the way. Color doesn't have much to do with it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP question was about causes of GANG violence. Seek out the haters and the power freaks.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People with no moral compass or character creating children who in turn have no moral compass or character.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was responding to the causes of GANG violence. One of them being a dad that can set a positive role model, and beat the crap out of the kid when needed, like my dad did. These young males live in a vaccumn, without that positive role model.
also kind of hard when your choices are making a thousand a week running drugs or working in a minimum wage at best job. Human nature being what it is some just find it easier to go that way that provides the most return with the least amount of effort.

and there is absolutely no question in my mind that LBJ's great society welfare expansion helps a lot. It's a lot harder to get in trouble when you are trying to feed yourself without the benefit of so many welfare checks.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/29/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

As in the demise of the family unit, replaced by the "wolf pack".

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/29/15.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's about money and power and lower classes trying to get a piece of the pie though legal and illegal means. Inner city violance is nothing new, whether white or black. Look what the Irish had to do when they first came here. Shown in the movie "Gangs of NY".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
People with no moral compass or character creating children who in turn have no moral compass or character.

Three pages and only two who understand. I can't believe that I have found something that I agree with Ringman on.

Most of you have identified symptoms of the problem ie; the environment those people are raised in.

But that's not the root of the problem.

The problem is how people choose to deal with their environment.

The ones who are raised with traditional Jewish / Christian morals and values deal with life's issues differently and rise above their environment.

There is no government program or social effort that will change that culture short of a religious revival.

Since most people choose to negate or ignore the importance of religion and don't want to "pass judgment" on anyone's values or lack of; it ain't ever gonna happen.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
The OP question was about causes of GANG violence.

True. The girl I mentioned from Africa came from an area ruled by gangs that would make the bloods & crips here in the US look like pack of girl scouts. She got out and away from the gangs in a political situation by moving to a different country an a better and safe life.

The CAUSE here is they are pissin' an' moanin' about no jobs and woe is us. Jesse and Al as well as others of their ilk will have the AAs living under the gun into the next millenium.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I can't believe that I have found something that I agree with Ringman on.

laugh

Careful, there... cool

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's still caused by money and power.

Just an FYI.

Travis

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They have no fear. They do not fear their parent(s), they do not fear the law, they do not fear death, and they do not fear God.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's still caused by money and power.

Just an FYI.

Travis

Travis

Is that something your friends told you....?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

DF

Agreed. Blacks have no family unit, no leadership, and an inbred aptitude for expecting a handout. As 6mmWasp said, the vast majority of blacks in South Africa behave the exact same way as ours do. They live like animals.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Travis

Lower the cost? grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I beleive that all those problems are directly related to a lack of a will to work.

You take any normal human being, put him in a situation where he has nothing to do all day, every day but sit around and sooner or later it will lead to crime, drugs, etc.

Take about 4 generations of it and put them all in a housing project together and it feeds itself.

JOBS will cure about 75% of society problems.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD

I agree.

Every young bull needs an old bull to gauge his manhood. If there is not a "dad" in the home they will use a senior member of a gang as their yardstick.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Strange, I lived for three years in West Africa in a place where violence was rare (Ghana), certainly a place far less violent then, say, Working Class Northern England where I grew up.

Must be them Ghanaians on the one hand, and them yobs on the other, were practicing a different evolutionary strategy.

Birdwatcher

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're just like Birdwatcher, who claims that white women getting murdered by their black spouses at a clip 1240% above the white equivalent, is 'insignificant'.

OK Bub, actual numbers again please grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by milespatton

I have not made it to the end so maybe this has been brought up, but the above coupled with jerking them out of the stone age, and freeing them without them knowing how to handle the modern freedom. Since they did not know how to be productive citizens on their own, they were taken advantage of and never adjusted as they should have. Not knowing, they could not pass on, what to do and what not to do. Lots of the same problems with the American Indian. The war of Northern Aggression served them as badly as it did Southern White people. Do not be mistaken, I think they should have been freed or better yet, not enslaved, but it was handled wrong for the future of America. miles

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This .
They have never lived in a society -their recent ancestors lived like critters -and blacks would revert back to living like those ancestors were we white people not keeping them propped up.

gun-geek and kevin gibson the same person ? LAF'N

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

There's just one; money.

According to a guy who was at our school from the SAPD Gang Unit. When its over on the Black East Side its usually over money.

When its over on the Hispanic West and South Sides its more about machismo, ego, and women.

That weren't me that said that, just passing it along.

Birdwatcher

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

DF

Yes, also with a strong helping of low class and integrity.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Unlike all them peaceful millenia passing by in Europe fer example grin

Well hey, read up on some actual history, start with the appalling levels of violence inherent in the Celtic clan systems.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pat him on the head and wipe the tear from his eye, Birdie.
That should make both of you feel better

*Sigh"... I said understand, not give a pass.... never hurts to understand one's enemy. With this particular kid I was concerned on account of I ride home on a bicycle after dark most nights.

Me being concerned that way is unusual, beyond the usual common sense I mean.

I've had the pleasure of meeting blacks from Africa

Ya, there was fourteen million of 'em in-country where I was during the three years I lived in an isolated village in what was essentially mud hut Africa, cant say fer sure how many I actually got to meet. Thousands certainly, plus a few hundred students.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
root cause is that there is a bunch of feral animals out there for many reasons. They will prey on each other and innocent folks. The only way to deal with them is remove them from our polite society by any means needed, not keep supporting them and their spawn. But that is exactly what our Obama, state and local Govt, and all the other PC azzwipes are going to do

+ billion

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

The problem is the Ghetto Gangster culture that was created by welfare that destroyed their families and lets them live futile lives.

http://www.black-and-right.com/2013/07/01/before-its-deleted-of-the-day/

Essay by a teacher in a black high school

*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*

The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.

Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.

The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.

Most whites simply do not know what black people are like in large numbers, and the first encounter can be a shock.

Last edited by ConradCA; 01/29/15.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Travis

I reckon they would become a nobody.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.