-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I recently received this very nice 12ga/308 Savage 2400 from a member here on 24 Hour. I have to say it exceeds my expectations. Not only is it a beautiful gun, the rifle is shooting sub-moa with my reloads.

I've now topped it with an older Denver Redfield 2 3/4 P&CH scope (not the NIB one I posted here).

Based on how well it shoots, I might invest the price of a set of QR rings for it down the road. They're $300.00+ if any can be found. Time to buy lottery tickets.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bruce, that Redfield is exactly the scope I had on it originally before you sold me the Burris 1.5X!

Hope your shoulder is gettin' back to usable condition!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is a great shooter, Mike. I'm glad it's mine and not yours now. laugh grin

I had two of these Redfields, a good used one and one still new in the original box. A smart member here was wise enough to buy the new one from me. They were very good scopes and are crisp and bright.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
But I've still got that one's baby brother (2400 12 gauge over .222 Rem). It shoots the same as your big one, but has a stock that is so dark it is almost black, with some bright red streaks (very dense, heavy wood; must weigh nearly a pound more than yours).

I managed to find an almost unused Unertl "Condor" 6X fixed scope for it a few years ago, also a wonderful glass. Coolest coyote calling cannon! Too heavy for birds.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The rifle barrel is considerably heavier on the 222 Mike. It's the same OD with a lot less bored out. wink

I noticed on the 412 series that the small bores were much heavier; my 9,3X74R was considerably lighter.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yup, I figured it was the smallbore barrel that really makes the weight difference. Wood, no matter how dense, just ain't steel!

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Combine the two factors and there's another pound, easily. wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 8 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,133
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.