Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gets elected as a Repub Governor in a Blue state.

Evidently appeals to Hispanics.

SHOULD appeal to women.

Cruz might would take second spot to a woman. I doubt he would run with another male.

What are her weaknesses as a candidate for POTUS?

What could the Clinton machine dig up on her?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't imagine how someone named "Martinez" would appeal to Hispanics. She's also fluent in Spanish.

Her weaknesses as a candidate is that she has zero name recognition in the national perspective. She's an impressive lady who owns a private security firm. She is a staunch 2nd amendment supporter. I've heard he speak once and I was impressed.

Her lack of political machine and no name equity is a problem.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I doubt she would get my primary vote, but she a damm sight better than Hillary.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Susana_Martinez.htm

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I can't imagine how someone named "Martinez" would appeal to Hispanics. She's also fluent in Spanish.

Her weaknesses as a candidate is that she has zero name recognition in the national perspective. She's an impressive lady who owns a private security firm. She is a staunch 2nd amendment supporter. I've heard he speak once and I was impressed.

Her lack of political machine and no name equity is a problem.

That could get changed, easily, if she and the Rs wanted to do so.

Obviously, at least one of them does not care to do so.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
" no name equity is a problem."

Compared to a "Bush" in the primaries and a "Clinton" in the General?

Is there a term; "Name fatigue"?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by noKnees
I doubt she would get my primary vote, but she a damm sight better than Hillary.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Susana_Martinez.htm

I started this thread as part of my ongoing study of human nature. I knew that Jorge would be opposed because she's a woman, and Bowsinger would approve of her 'cause Sarah Darlin' helped her get elected.

I was sure that all the members from the N.E. would be lukewarm, at best.... and you've verified that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,..she did Complete her first term as Gov, and she's an OU grad, probably worth a Vice running mate look.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There is no shortage at the V P level. We need someone at the top who has zero gag factor for the T P types among the R's and rates a second look from the Dems.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I know very little of her. I do however feel like this would be a very good time to get a woman into the WH. Women can cut a person in half in a way that most men cannot.
Primary wise, it would depend who else is on the ticket. Presidentially if on the ticket, I'm in.

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Martinez is vetted, proven and solid...for VP material, not the big show.

If she fulfills complex voids that may exist for the GOP nominee, it's possible, I'm sure.

Two years out, anything is.

Look how much energy we've all put into Romney 2 years out. Now he's out. We're going to see a great deal more of this in my opinion and then on election night 2016, we'll again vote for one of two candidates, and their VP selections, just like we have all done since we were 18 or thereabouts.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't see name recognition as a problem. No one heard of zero or clinton when they came on the scene. Now we wish we hadn't. Maybe clinton and the demoncraps would wish they never heard of Martinez after she got momentum.

The concern I have, is does she want to run? I could get behind her 100% if she does.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In my human nature study, I'm mildly surprised by your open-mindedness, but it's still within my prediction parameters. grin Once your conversion is complete, you could be a big help bringing the establishment around.

From a General Election view, I think a Martinez/Cruz ticket would have the Dems and their media allies in a panic.

From a governing standpoint, I think they complement each other very well. Any weakness on Foreign Policy experience can't REALLY be exploited by Hillary, now can it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know allot about her but I've yet to hear anything bad and I'll take a Governor over a Washington insider so I'd support her.

How about Walker/Martinez?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Can she be/is she a bulldog?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
I don't see name recognition as a problem. No one heard of zero or clinton when they came on the scene. Now we wish we hadn't. Maybe clinton and the demoncraps would wish they never heard of Martinez after she got momentum.

The concern I have, is does she want to run? I could get behind her 100% if she does.

She's a Lawyer/Politician and you wonder if she WANTS to be POTUS? grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I googled her pic. I could get
behind her.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD

She's a Lawyer/Politician and you wonder if she WANTS to be POTUS? grin
I do. I don't believe those failings necessarily defines a person.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I don't know allot about her but I've yet to hear anything bad and I'll take a Governor over a Washington insider so I'd support her.

Exactly!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
There is no shortage at the V P level. We need someone at the top who has zero gag factor for the T P types among the R's and rates a second look from the Dems.
I voted for her twice. In the last election, she absolutely buried Attorney General Gary King, the Democratic candidate who is the last (we hope) in a New Mexico political family dynasty. She carried all but the northern tier of counties which are old Hispanic and stubbornly vote Democrat. Republican fund-raisers love her and she raked in about three and a half times what King did. Most of that came from out of state.

She was handicapped during her first term trying to deal with a House and Senate dominated by Democrats. However, she got her way with the budget for the most part and her threatened vetoes headed off any proposed tax increases. This year, she has a Republican House and the Democrats have a smaller majority in the Senate. There are some moderate Democrats who have already sided with Republicans in the Senate on a few issues and that gives her a better shot at getting some of her priority legislation to her desk. It's a long session this year (60 days instead of 30) and that works in her favor, as well, giving her more time to work with those moderate Democrats in the Senate.

As far as being a V. P. candidate, I don't think that she will do it, even if they try to draft her. She has strong family ties and responsibilities in New Mexico right now and she doesn't seem to want to strain them.

Additionally, her husband Chuck Franco retired as Undersheriff in Dona Ana County when she was elected the first time. I have heard nothing negative about Chuck, but politics at the Sheriff's Office in Dona Ana County have been practiced along the lines of what we used to "Mexican politics" when I was growing up over in Texas. Democrats are likely to look harder at his background since they haven't found anything in hers to attack.

Last edited by mudhen; 01/30/15.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

To win the General, she HAS to be at the top of the ticket. The V P slot allows the media to scream "pandering to women and Hispanics".

And what does Walker have in his resume that makes him a better choice?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.