Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by walt501

Next up, did any of you even bother to watch the video's? No, I didn't think so, because if you had you would have learned that the $800 tail light you're blathering on about has a proximity sensor built into it that is only included in a driver awareness option package on high end models.

Actually, I did watch it you old grump. How do you think I saw how much the tail light was? I also saw it has the back-up sensor in it. Stupid place for it if you ask me. I'm a Ford guy through and through, but they've priced me out of the game. I bought a Ram last summer. The difference between the Ram and the Ford weren't worth $7300 to get me to stick with Ford.

And as much as I've been very hard on Dodge/Ram, it's been a very good truck so far.

Camp is where you make it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Fords always seem to be way higher than GMs. Oh, the GMs are high enough, but they offer incentives and all that that seem to get them down a bit.

There's a reason. I won't have another GM, due they fact that the one I bought in 2006 was a complete POS. I would have loved to see that sumbitch burn to a lovely death. Actually, I'm surprised it didn't.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by deflave
Can you give an example of what is held together by adhesives on new vehicles?

Thanks.

Travis

Many have the door hinges glued on.

Yeah. They're called pieces of schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by donsm70
Originally Posted by KFWA
Maybe I'll eventually adjust but I can't ever see a time when I pay that kinda money for a truck.

That is serious sticker shock for me. (and I drive a King Ranch)

I stopped at my local Ford dealer last week to check out the new 2015 F-150s. The salesman that I was talking to showed me the King's Ranch the owner was driving.

The sticker price? $71K plus.

Now THAT is sticker shock.

donsm70

Prices on trucks is ridiculous, a person puts 20-30 grand down and that's really stretching it for 9 outta 10 people and they've still got a huge payment.

I see some cash flow sheets on a weekly basis through work and there's a lot of people out here paying 900-1100.00 a month on their truck payment.

My opinion, if you're paying 900-1100.00 a month for one vehicle payment you're driving more vehicle than you can afford.

I don't know how they sell them

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe I'll eventually adjust but I can't ever see a time when I pay that kinda money for a truck.

I stopped at my local Ford dealer last week to check out the new 2015 F-150s. The salesman that I was talking to showed me the King's Ranch the owner was driving.

donsm70

Prices on trucks is ridiculous, a person puts 20-30 grand down and that's really stretching it for 9 outta 10 people and they've still got a huge payment.

I see some cash flow sheets on a weekly basis through work and there's a lot of people out here paying 900-1100.00 a month on their truck payment.

My opinion, if you're paying 900-1100.00 a month for one vehicle payment you're driving more vehicle than you can afford.

I don't know how they sell them

Yeah, ok right. The first few new F-150's to hit the dealer were ALL loaded to the gills models. Same thing happens whenever the newest latest and greatest comes out, the high end models come first. You pay to be an early adopter. Ford dealers won't be getting additional models until the end of March or early April, so what they have on the lot today for new F-150's is all their going to have for a couple more months.

There are plenty of new Ford F-150's priced to fit everyone's budget. And while I know most of you have already been checking them out and building one on Ford's web site, but for those that have just crawled out of a cave, hit this link and oh - welcome to the future.

Click Here to Build Your New Ford F-150

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Know a guy that does the loan work for the local Dodge/Ford dealer. You would not believe the folks who are rolling the loan from their trade in to the loan for the new car. He was telling of a guy who shares the drive to the Washington DC area (130 miles) with 2 friends, and only one of them drive. This guy traded an F150 that was 4 years old with 120K miles. He rolled almost $9k into his new truck loan!!!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Fords always seem to be way higher than GMs. Oh, the GMs are high enough, but they offer incentives and all that that seem to get them down a bit.

There's a reason. I won't have another GM, due they fact that the one I bought in 2006 was a complete POS. I would have loved to see that sumbitch burn to a lovely death. Actually, I'm surprised it didn't.

I wouldn't have a Ford if someone gave it to me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

donsm70

Oh, I don't know. I mean I agree with to an extent, but if I can get two percent interest or less (and I can) why not finance that sucker for 72 months and put very little down with big payments? The time value of money means that I coming out ahead instead paying as much down as I can possibly afford.

But just like everything else in the world, low interest rates have created a bubble in the car industry. There are billions of dollars out there of upside down car loans. Billions and billions and billions of dollars to be sure.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/30/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Know a guy that does the loan work for the local Dodge/Ford dealer. You would not believe the folks who are rolling the loan from their trade in to the loan for the new car. He was telling of a guy who shares the drive to the Washington DC area (130 miles) with 2 friends, and only one of them drive. This guy traded an F150 that was 4 years old with 120K miles. He rolled almost $9k into his new truck loan!!!

Not surprised at all. Seems everyone around here under 40 thinks they need the latest and greatest truck or SUV. Then they take it off the lot and install lift kits and rent-to-own wheels/tires. It's the new economic mentality: I deserve it, can convince myself I can make the payment, and nothing will ever happen.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've got a friend who makes about $300K a year getting people into cars they cannot afford or don't have the credit rating. He gets a woman with $5k take home a month and a $2,800 mortgage into a $80k car. Insane.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've got a friend who makes about $300K a year getting people into cars they cannot afford or don't have the credit rating. He gets a woman with $5k take home a month and a $2,800 mortgage into a $80k car. Insane.

Which is why I could never be a car salesman.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy I used to work with bought a Honda bike shop.
said it was sad the folks that came in to buy a four wheeler for their kids. He would run the credit and just shake his head. They paid 7-8k for a kids toy and were already strapped.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

He isn't a salesman. He is a type of F&I guy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Which is the highest paid salesman in any dealership.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Not surprised at all. Seems everyone around here under 40 thinks they need the latest and greatest truck or SUV. Then they take it off the lot and install lift kits and rent-to-own wheels/tires. It's the new economic mentality: I deserve it, can convince myself I can make the payment, and nothing will ever happen.

It's tough to get ahead these days, and even tougher when you are making big vehicle payments, not to mention the insurance associated with a high dollar vehicle. I don't live like that.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Which is the highest paid salesman in any dealership.

He doesn't work in a dealership.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

It's tough to get ahead these days, and even tougher when you are making big vehicle payments, not to mention the insurance associated with a high dollar vehicle. I don't live like that.

no chit, going to be looking for something under $10,000 soon as i get a couple paychecks under my belt.....should be able to find a decent reliable used truck for that....hopefully less than that

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good luck on getting back on your feet. Pay yourself first by getting in the habit of squirling away a decent amount of cash every single month.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Last truck I bought I paid cash for it and it already had a salvage title. I worked in Body shops long enuff to realize that all vehicle end up in the same place, I just want one that starts and drives and does not leave me sitting, otherwise I could care less if I am cool or up with the neighbors. I see lots of people around here spending big money on one ton diesel trucks and never use them for any work... makes sense to me????????

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I wouldn't have a Ford if someone gave it to me.

Nobody makes a better work pickup than Ford.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.