Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It's going to be like a home game for the Hawks, Seattle fans are outnumbering Pats by a wide margin there. Brady and Co. better be prepared for the noise

Not sure I agree with that. SEA fans are more limited to SEA.

Just like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Bears and Niners there are Pats fans everywhere. And there is big NE money travelling to this game.

I got a few buddies down there they said a conservative guess is Hawks fans outnumbering Pats 8-1 on the streets, obviously they are not all going to the game...

Phoenix is the main area where people from Seattle spend the Winter, it is a short plane ride and a couple days to drive. Trust me it will be a pro Hawks crowd. Hell even the Cards home games get taken over by Hawk fans.

Last year the game in NY was pro Hawks fans, Remember the noise on the first play of the game? Peyton does.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Lockhart
I'm thinking most of the peanut gallery will be NE financial folk due to the Boston link and the corporate ties that the NFL is owing to on the East Coast. Do you have figures of Sleezattle or other Westcoasters other than Nike execs who will attend?

Okay wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seahawks 35, Patriots 24. There. Its just a football game.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My prediction is a 100% lock. You guys can make a killing betting on this one. I won't be watching it, I will be riding quads instead.

Money in the bank.

LOL
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I won't be posting during the game so just remember I said so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at the avatar and then ask me who's going to win.....

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it's a good game I will be happy.
If the Pats win I will be happier.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think I'll bet bank on the coin toss... at least I'll have a 50/50 chance.. Don't really care to pull for or against either team.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Looks like the embryo of a [bleep] or something like that.. as best as I can tell.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I predict it will be a great day to be out in the country, hunting if possible, as it is every year. When is this Super Bowl thing you speak of anyway?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
From Boston.com

PHOENIX - Sorry, New England. You�ve been outnumbered.

And that�s putting it lightly.

It�s impossible to attach a ratio to the amount of Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots fans here for Super Bowl XLIX, if only because the Pats presence is virtually nonexistent.

�We were talking earlier, we�ve seen maybe less than a half-dozen Patriots fans here,� Seahawks fan Ryan Honeysett said. �That�s who we are, that�s the 12, we show up.�

And they show up in droves. Downtown Phoenix has been awash in blue and green this week, as the �12th Man,� the adapted nickname for a fan base so boisterous that they�re considered an extension of the roster, has created a vibrant energy in the streets that�s absent any semblance of New England flavor.

Granted, a hefty portion of Patriots fans were snowed in earlier this week, thanks to the blizzard that dumped a Danny Amendola height of snow across the region, but with two days before kickoff, it�s clear that Sunday�s game will be a Seattle crowd.

�Sorry, that sucks,� Seahawks fan Vanessa Ryan, originally from Seattle, but now living in Arizona, said. �You guys gotta try and pump it up if you want to try and compete with us.�

The Seahawks fan presence here also puts to rest that it�s the design of CenturyLink Field that gives the team such an advantage from the crowd. The 12th Man is proof that their reputation isn�t about acoustics, but a very real passion for their team.

�When they moved eventually to the NFC, it took a little while to get used to those teams, and once it did, it really became it�s new environment,� said Scott Ryan, originally from Vancouver, now living in Arizona, where the �Arizona Seahawkers� are generally known as the second-largest contingent of Seattle fans in the country. �They really built the fan experience around the �Clink,� and it�s something very uniquely Seattle uniquely their own. The 12th Man is a unique Seattle thing.�

The defending Super Bowl champs have elicited a confidence and a swagger among their fans.

�It�s going to be rocking,� Ryan Honeysett, from Puyallup, Wash. �We�re the 12�s.�

That�s a morale that has trickled down to the fan base. Honeysett�s entire family booked their trip to the Super Bowl back on June 6, avoiding the outrageous prices other fans are have to dish out this week. It looked for some time like they�d be here roaming the landscape with Green Bay Packers fans, that is until Seattle�s rousing comeback in last Sunday�s NFC Championship game.

�Everybody is that passionate about their team,� Tito Carrido, from Tacoma, Wash., said. �You walk down the streets here, you hear �Sea. Hawks.� You don�t here anything about �Pa.� �Tri.� �Ots.� Nobody is chanting for the Patriots. You don�t really hear that anywhere.�

Carrido suggests its this passion that has the Seattle jersey with �12� adorned on it, one of the hottest sellers in the NFL. Even more than Rob Gronkowski, he said.

�It�s a feeling. If you don�t have that feeling, you�re not a 12th Man,� Carrido said, admitting he�s a newcomer to the group. �I just discovered mine when I watched that Packers comeback. I�ve been what you would call a bandwagoner. Being so depressed and watching them come back and get that win, changes everything.�

Dave Miller, a Seahawks season-ticket holder since their inception 40 years ago. When the Seahawks played the Arizona Cardinals in Glendale last month, he estimated that somewhere between 110,000 and 115,000 fans showed up in the area. It might be double that this week.

�Even when we�re down, we have hope,� Miller said. �Because we don�t lose. [Quarterback] Russell [Wilson] and the whole team they just have this grit about them and a confidence that they are going to stick together and win these games.�

Whether or not they win Sunday is still up for debate. But University of Phoenix Stadium will definitely be a home-field advantage for Seattle, unless something changes drastically in the two days remaining before the Super Bowl.

Just like their own backyard for the Seahawks.

�If you go to a game out there, it is so loud that you can feel the voices,� Vanessa Ryan said, �and you�re so into the game that nothing else can distract you.�

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
i predict the team who scores the most points will win the SB.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It goes up to 39.95 after 4pm today.

I don't know how to help any more than that.

1888LOCKPIC

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Looks like the embryo of a [bleep] or something like that.. as best as I can tell.

[Linked Image]

It's a Coastal Native American Drum with a Native American rendition of a Seahawk.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by isaac
It goes up to 39.95 after 4pm today.

I don't know how to help any more than that.

1888LOCKPIC

I called and some dude named Bambi answered, he said you were in the shower cleaning up. I'll call back later.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sheep embryo. Or goat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
From Boston.com

PHOENIX - Sorry, New England. You�ve been outnumbered.

And that�s putting it lightly.

It�s impossible to attach a ratio to the amount of Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots fans here for Super Bowl XLIX, if only because the Pats presence is virtually nonexistent.

�We were talking earlier, we�ve seen maybe less than a half-dozen Patriots fans here,� Seahawks fan Ryan Honeysett said. �That�s who we are, that�s the 12, we show up.�

And they show up in droves. Downtown Phoenix has been awash in blue and green this week, as the �12th Man,� the adapted nickname for a fan base so boisterous that they�re considered an extension of the roster, has created a vibrant energy in the streets that�s absent any semblance of New England flavor.

Granted, a hefty portion of Patriots fans were snowed in earlier this week, thanks to the blizzard that dumped a Danny Amendola height of snow across the region, but with two days before kickoff, it�s clear that Sunday�s game will be a Seattle crowd.

�Sorry, that sucks,� Seahawks fan Vanessa Ryan, originally from Seattle, but now living in Arizona, said. �You guys gotta try and pump it up if you want to try and compete with us.�

The Seahawks fan presence here also puts to rest that it�s the design of CenturyLink Field that gives the team such an advantage from the crowd. The 12th Man is proof that their reputation isn�t about acoustics, but a very real passion for their team.

�When they moved eventually to the NFC, it took a little while to get used to those teams, and once it did, it really became it�s new environment,� said Scott Ryan, originally from Vancouver, now living in Arizona, where the �Arizona Seahawkers� are generally known as the second-largest contingent of Seattle fans in the country. �They really built the fan experience around the �Clink,� and it�s something very uniquely Seattle uniquely their own. The 12th Man is a unique Seattle thing.�

The defending Super Bowl champs have elicited a confidence and a swagger among their fans.

�It�s going to be rocking,� Ryan Honeysett, from Puyallup, Wash. �We�re the 12�s.�

That�s a morale that has trickled down to the fan base. Honeysett�s entire family booked their trip to the Super Bowl back on June 6, avoiding the outrageous prices other fans are have to dish out this week. It looked for some time like they�d be here roaming the landscape with Green Bay Packers fans, that is until Seattle�s rousing comeback in last Sunday�s NFC Championship game.

�Everybody is that passionate about their team,� Tito Carrido, from Tacoma, Wash., said. �You walk down the streets here, you hear �Sea. Hawks.� You don�t here anything about �Pa.� �Tri.� �Ots.� Nobody is chanting for the Patriots. You don�t really hear that anywhere.�

Carrido suggests its this passion that has the Seattle jersey with �12� adorned on it, one of the hottest sellers in the NFL. Even more than Rob Gronkowski, he said.

�It�s a feeling. If you don�t have that feeling, you�re not a 12th Man,� Carrido said, admitting he�s a newcomer to the group. �I just discovered mine when I watched that Packers comeback. I�ve been what you would call a bandwagoner. Being so depressed and watching them come back and get that win, changes everything.�

Dave Miller, a Seahawks season-ticket holder since their inception 40 years ago. When the Seahawks played the Arizona Cardinals in Glendale last month, he estimated that somewhere between 110,000 and 115,000 fans showed up in the area. It might be double that this week.

�Even when we�re down, we have hope,� Miller said. �Because we don�t lose. [Quarterback] Russell [Wilson] and the whole team they just have this grit about them and a confidence that they are going to stick together and win these games.�

Whether or not they win Sunday is still up for debate. But University of Phoenix Stadium will definitely be a home-field advantage for Seattle, unless something changes drastically in the two days remaining before the Super Bowl.

Just like their own backyard for the Seahawks.

�If you go to a game out there, it is so loud that you can feel the voices,� Vanessa Ryan said, �and you�re so into the game that nothing else can distract you.�
Sorry, but y'all aren't the loudest in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/30/arrowhead-stadium-takes-back-its-noise-record/

Addtionally, the Chiefs were the only team that beat both the Patriots and the Seahawks in the regular season this year. Too bad the Raiders, who were winless at the time, beat the Chiefs. So you could say on any Sunday the Raiders might whip whoever wins the Superbowl this year. I'm pulling for the Seahawks basically because the Patriots are a bunch of cheatin' Yankees, but I can't get too excited.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My prediction is that the team with the highest score will most likely win.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
team with the highest score at the end wins it

Book it!

it' the game of the century

but there'll be another one next year

bread and circuses

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 46 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,070
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.