Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
My wife and I have been together since 2006, married since 2011. She has always been an avid golfer and I am big into trap shooting, skeet shooting, and hunting. I mainly hunt whitetails with bow and muzzleloader here in Iowa. Anyway I recently said to her I think you would enjoy bow hunting and she replied that she thought she would also. Well a couple weeks went by and nothing else was said, I brought up the topic again tonight and she told me that she would really like to do it. So why am I posting this on here? Well I'd like to get any opinions for what bow we should pick out for her. I shoot a Hoyt Vector 32. Always have shot Hoyts and they've been good to me but I have no problem getting her started with another brand. Just thought I'd ask the "experts" here! Price is not much of an issue so shoot away with any and all advice. Thanks in advance!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can she use a crossbow there?

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
No, not during archery season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son also shoots the mission craze.

Good entry level plus bow. Lots of adjustability I second the vote for this bow.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Take her to the shop and let her shoot them. I just bought my girlfriend a Hoyt Charger for Christmas and she loves it. Little more expensive than a 400 kids bow like a Hoyt Ignite or Mission Craze but you get what you pay for.
Adjustability isn't an issue with her since I'm sure she's done growing. So in my opinion the Craze or Ignite offer little benefit.
The Charger Vixcen package came in at 720$ with tax. The black and pink Vixcen package was an upgrade of 50$.

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Also, taking her out and letting her shoot them will gauge how much interest she has.
I took Melissa before Christmas, she had never shot a bow before in her life.
It was awesome seeing how excited she got over hitting a target at 10 yards. She was constantly asking questions and looking up bows on the web. That's why I decided to spend the extra money and get her a good bow.
And well, she's worth it!!!

Hunt...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed on draw length but the craze goes from something like 20-70 lb draw weight. It's easy to play with and become quite comfortable before upping the draw to actually hunt.

It's really a starter bow, by any measure. Look at archery talk classifieds. Tons of women's and kids high end bows. Either they all upgrade quickly? or there are a lot of short timers spending big bucks and then Quitting and selling their expensive gear.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blackmamba
My wife and I have been together since 2006, married since 2011. She has always been an avid golfer and I am big into trap shooting, skeet shooting, and hunting. I mainly hunt whitetails with bow and muzzleloader here in Iowa. Anyway I recently said to her I think you would enjoy bow hunting and she replied that she thought she would also. Well a couple weeks went by and nothing else was said, I brought up the topic again tonight and she told me that she would really like to do it. So why am I posting this on here? Well I'd like to get any opinions for what bow we should pick out for her. I shoot a Hoyt Vector 32. Always have shot Hoyts and they've been good to me but I have no problem getting her started with another brand. Just thought I'd ask the "experts" here! Price is not much of an issue so shoot away with any and all advice. Thanks in advance!

Take her to a Pro Shop and let here pick up a few different brands and maybe shoot them and then let her make the chose for herself

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Craze and Ignites will only max at 70lbs if the draw length is at the longest draw setting. So at 30" they will max at 70 lbs.
at 24" they may only max at 40lbs. Which is good for deer hunting or just target shooting.
Again the best gauge for what to get is her. Take her out to the shops and let her fling some arrows and see what she likes.

Hunt...
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Diamond Infinite edge. Longer ATA. More adjustibility. Better grip. Lighter mass weight. IMO an all around better bow. And NO I'm not a Diamond/Bowtech dealer. Just my findings from doing setup/tuning work on both

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 69 invisible), 3,397 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,439
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.