-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taxi driver was heralded as masterpiece- yet except for Dineiro's brief scenes with Harvey Keitel and Peter Boyle it ain't much.

Last edited by night_owl; 02/06/15.

abusus non tollit usum

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Brokeback Mountain...didn't see it and never will.

Dan

Difficult to critique something you have never seen, but gets my vote as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
Watched "Fury" the other night......one word.....terrible.

Have to disagree with you on this one. recently saw it and thought it was an awesome movie. Of course I am biased as I have spent the past 18 years in Armor units and have followed tanks into battle.

Three Shermans, with commanders hanging out their hatches, charge lone Tiger never thinking to spread out to take advantage of the Tiger's poor turret traverse. Tiger charges for some reason instead of easily picking off the Shermans from it's advantageous position. Tiger's 88mm gets deflected at 10 meters by LOGS on the side of Sherman.

Several hundred men run head first into lone, mobilty killed tank that has ZERO infantry to back it up. Men unable to avoid 20 degree arc of bow gun and blazing rotation speed of the unpowered turret.

GREAT MOVIE

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Roundup
The recent biblical extravaganza: NOAH barf

Truly horrible.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Bowling for Columbine or anything else by the POS Michael Moore

We fight not for glory,nor for wealth,nor honor but only and alone we fight for freedom which no good man surrenders but with his life.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to think of all the hours I have wasted watching bad movies. A few that come to mind are:

Red Sonja
Raising Cain
Face/Off
A Walk in the Clouds
The Scarlett Letter (1990s version)
Gods and Generals
The Thin Red Line
The New World

I could go on.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RUBBER

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^^ Instant classic it is so turrible

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rochy Horror. Good Lord, don't leave this dog out of the list.

In 1978 I was living in Atlanta, I was 27 years old. I always considered myself a "young" man, I listened to popular music and watched popular movies. But, I worked with a couple of 20 year old guys.

These guys were raving about Rocky Horror Picture Show. It played every Friday night at 8pm at the theatre down at Peachtree Battle.
One night, I went down there with my fiancee to see the film.

What a pile of Bu******!! An Engllish guy running around in leather bra and panties.
A scene in which it is raining, and all the kids in the audience squirt their squirt guns into the air. Get it? Like it is raining in the theatre. Ha Ha!

A scene in which champagne is drunk, and there is a toast. And all the kids in the audience pull toast from their coats, and throw the toast around the theatre, like frisbees.

WHAT A FUNNY JOKE!!! Toast, get it?

Good Lord what a pile of dog s***! I realized that I was on the wrong side of the generation gap. I didn't care if they declared me a geezer, I wasn't gonna watch Rocky Horror. Walked out after 45 minutes of that bulls***.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 02/06/15.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
"The White Buffalo" with Charles Bronson as Wild Bill Hickok was truly terrible.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by mtcurman
"The White Buffalo" with Charles Bronson as Wild Bill Hickok was truly terrible.

I remember that one. We'd get drunk at the ranch when it would come on TV and watch it and laugh! Suprised we didn't shoot the tv out! That was the one withthe big fake mechanical white buff in it, right??? LOL! Didn't Slim Pickens have a classic line in there as the stage driver when some floosie on the stage got shot by Indians like , " got her right in the third eye!" Or something like that??

We'd all laugh our azzes off!! Stupid movie!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by mtcurman

I remember that one. We'd get drunk at the ranch when it would come on TV and watch it and laugh! Suprised we didn't shoot the tv out! That was the one withthe big fake mechanical white buff in it, right??? LOL! Didn't Slim Pickens have a classic line in there as the stage driver when some floosie on the stage got shot by Indians like , " got her right in the third eye!" Or something like that??

We'd all laugh our azzes off!! Stupid movie!!!

That is the one. laugh

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I checked out Private Benjamin from the library last night.

I doubt the kids will ever forgive me for making them watch it.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Joe vs the Volcano".

Absolutely horrible movie, but I went to see it twice. The girl I was dating did the same. Why? So we could make-out in the back the second time we saw it until we got kicked out and then "continue things" in the parking lot and still be able to answer questions about the movie to her parents.

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Damn. Odd you mention that. I went to a Drive-in in High School and we literally had to stop and buy a paper on the way home so we could tell her folks what movie we saw....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thankfully, the drive-in (different lass, different time) showed re-runs of movies that had already come out.

I couldn't even begin to guess what movie it was that she and I "saw".

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wyogal
There was a series of midget westerns produced in the early 60's I think, that were awful but hilarious back then; almost all were
titled Tiny something or other.

The Terror of Tiny Town

The world's only musical Western with an all-midget cast!

[Linked Image from ]
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

laugh laugh laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
"Billy Jack". Worst movie of all time. Saw it when it came out. Years later, I was telling the kids (13 and 18 ) how great it was. So, I went and rented it and we all sat down to watch it. I tried very hard to remember why I liked it. We couldn't make through thirty minutes. Just horrible.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 48 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,938
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.