Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I am going to visit my brother in a few weeks in Euless. I would like to get a new cowboy hat. I was wondering if any of ya'll that live in that area would recommend the best place to purchase the hat. If ya'll could recommend some local gun shops that are worth going to that would be great. My free time will be limited because my brother doesn't get around very well so he can't go with me. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by FryeBaby; 02/09/15.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Places to buy new cowboy hat
Cavenders or
Sheplers

Local Gun Shops
Jackson Armory in Snider Plaza
Ray's Sporting Goods

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Thanks Tucker for the help and information. Anybody else have any recommendations. Maybe a local hat shop. More local gun shops. I am going to try to get my wife to buy me a gun. She is good about that. I am lucky. LOL.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm assuming your driving into Dal/Ftw area.

Here's what I'm going to suggest.
Go one line to hats/Fort Worth/ something like that. Finchers at the Stock yard sells hats. The one I bought were west part of DFW metromess. Lots of hats at any western store, with steamers to shape them. So spend a little time on the net and try to find a store close to Euless.
Gun stores, the same thing. Cabela's is off I35w and 171 15 miles north of loop 820. Bass pro off of Hwy 26 Lewisville.
Many gun stores in Metromess area, I just don't go that way to Euless. Two weeks may have a gun show somewhere in DFW area, google it.

I have no special gun or hat store, just go the local ones so I don't have to drive so far in bad traffic. Pawn shops, most sell pistol/rifles, so search all before you get here, be lined up before hand, You want to go, no search.
Bring you GPS---
Best of luck.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tucker1965

Local Gun Shops
Jackson Armory in Snider Plaza
Ray's Sporting Goods

These 2 are Definately the two best Gun stores in Dallas!

And if you want a good Cowboy Hat, buy a Resistol, which are probably the best off the shelf hats at most western stores. If your near Ft. Worth, visit the Historic Stock Yards. Lots of places to buy hats in the DFW area.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/09/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never been there, but I've heard good things about the Fort Worth Gun Emporium.

If you happen to go there, tell them you know Nell Upshaw's step son.

Knowing that and $3 might get you a cup of coffee... grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Thanks for the help and information. Wtxj that is what I was thinking to have places in mind to go to before I get there. I will be using the GPS so that makes it a lot easier. I will have to narrow it down to the closest places because of my time constraints. I wish I had a few more days.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 204guy, 37 invisible), 14,002 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,113
Posts18,542,126
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.