Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
I have a package that is late, and the tracking says it has sat at St Paul, MN for 7 days. Another one that is late arriving with no tracking. Not much money involved, but it still pisses me off. miles

That may be weather related, isn't that the area that got slammed recently?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That may be weather related, isn't that the area that got slammed recently?

I have been told for 67 years that it is only us dumbass Southerners that let winter weather slow us down. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I feel better just dumping this off my chest. Who cares over $300? Life's too short. If someone's gunna steal and rip you off, what are you gunna do about really? Give yourself a cardiac arrest? They're the ones that have to answer for it.

You certainly aren't going to get satisfaction considering the price you pay to pursue it. Better to just move on.

Still, screw them people.

LOL
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When some outfit screws me like that - I just HAVE to start rattling cages! (I've gotten pretty good at it!)
Hope we have NO problems with our latest deal.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would be sending detailed information and documentation to both of your senators and your representative as well as the ATF.
It nay not get results right away,but this chit will never stop unless enough people raise he!! about it.

If the senators and representatives get enough complaints, eventually they will produce results.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
When some outfit screws me like that - I just HAVE to start rattling cages! (I've gotten pretty good at it!)
Hope we have NO problems with our latest deal.

Mark,
I removed the bolt, wrapped the rifle, put it in a padded case, and put that inside a heavy box. Around the case I put bubble wrap and paper so it wouldn't move around. If we have a problem, it won't be a lack of packaging. Sent UPS rather than usps. Keep our fingers crossed.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds eerily familiar, Fireball2..

Originally Posted by speedsixman
I would be sending detailed information and documentation to both of your senators and your representative as well as the ATF.
It nay not get results right away,but this chit will never stop unless enough people raise he!! about it.

If the senators and representatives get enough complaints, eventually they will produce results.

BTDT, too..

My Congressman just got a letter back (Jan 29th) from those aholes basically sayin' "GFY"..

Even with all docs provided and backed up with invoices etc., they 'decided' to pay 40% of what the insurance policy was paid for..

Nothing more I can do now.. Suing the bastids in federal court will take at least ten grand - and what, to get back the $900 they still owe?

Yep - they're nothin' but a fraud outfit.. And they can now KMRRA.

Originally Posted by okie
contact your congresscritter
And good luck with all that...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by TXRam
Yup they suck. I will even pass on most stuff in the classifieds if seller insists on USPS money order. Sorry, lazy, liberal sonsabitches!

I request that over the openly and blatantly anti-2A PayPal/Ebay option.

I agree with TXRam. The last USPS money order I got for selling something was impossible to cash as none of the 3 area post offices I went to had enough money to cash it.

I'd rather deal with a simple money order or personal check and wait for it to clear.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Index
Originally Posted by TXRam
Yup they suck. I will even pass on most stuff in the classifieds if seller insists on USPS money order. Sorry, lazy, liberal sonsabitches!

I request that over the openly and blatantly anti-2A PayPal/Ebay option.

I agree with TXRam. The last USPS money order I got for selling something was impossible to cash as none of the 3 area post offices I went to had enough money to cash it.

I'd rather deal with a simple money order or personal check and wait for it to clear.

I just deposit them at my bank

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Your lucky it was only a 600 rifle.
Heads up!
We should all get together and mail a brick in the USPS priority VHS box to one another as a chain letter.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ringworm
Heads up!

Broken rifle #5 came here Fed Ex, and was $1300. I immediately sent it back. They settled with the seller by buying him a used stock, not near as nice, from auction for about $300, I declined the original and the repaired rifle, and he eventually sent me a refund.

"We should all get together and mail a brick in the USPS priority VHS box to one another as a chain letter."

The outcome of that would no doubt be fraud and jail time for anyone participating. You know, for the children.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/11/15.

LOL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I have a pre-64 M70 that has been in our family for 3 generations that is in the mail right now on the way to Jim Kobe. Now I'm going to be a wreck worrying about it until I know it is there. I was nervous about it before I opened this thread, for sure I am now. Thanks guys.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I have a pre-64 M70 that has been in our family for 3 generations that is in the mail right now on the way to Jim Kobe. Now I'm going to be a wreck worrying about it until I know it is there. I was nervous about it before I opened this thread, for sure I am now. Thanks guys.

Tough spot. Good luck.

The lesson here is to package the he!! out of everything you send so they can abuse it w/o damage.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't ever mail a gun with that bunch. I have been fighting with them for 3 years just to get my mail delivered. they issued the address then claim it is invalid. I will get letters addressed correctly that were returned to sender with a yellow sticker on them with the same address on it. I have given a heads up to most correspondents about the problem and they resend . finally put a address change in to get mail at our old address. just a big PIA to change all addresses. and they want us to trust the .gov with our health care.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I did package the he!! out of it, insured and signature required. Supposed to be there today. But it's going to Minnesoda, where Miles has had a week of delays, so I'm not feeling real perky about that...

My problem is the little dinky town I am in, I just ain't over-run with options.

For future reference, just who would you guys use? Seems like most of the beat up crap that comes in here comes from UPS. I've seen so much torn up stuff from them here at work I would feel even more leery of them. Guess that leaves Fed-Ex, but I thought I had heard they won't ship firearms, maybe I am wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by ringworm
Heads up!

Broken rifle #5 came here Fed Ex, and was $1300. I immediately sent it back. They settled with the seller by buying him a used stock, not near as nice, from auction for about $300, I declined the original and the repaired rifle, and he eventually sent me a refund.

"We should all get together and mail a brick in the USPS priority VHS box to one another as a chain letter."

The outcome of that would no doubt be fraud and jail time for anyone participating. You know, for the children.

You know, if you've had 5 broken rifles come to you, all from different areas of the country as far as shipping, you're narrowing down your problem.

I'd wager that the local or regional distribution hub is the issue.

Get in touch with Postmaster General's Office or Inspector General's Office for the USPS. There's almost no way that the only damaged packages coming through there (and thus customer complaints and insurance claims) are yours. If you can get them to start an investigation, they'll want to clean that up as it costs them money.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they'll want to clean that up as it costs them money.

unless they keep denying claims, of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
they'll want to clean that up as it costs them money.

unless they keep denying claims, of course.

It still costs them money, as the number of claims filed per year impacts their overall review and raises/bonuses.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I did not need to file a claim, as my rifle was undamaged, but here's the story. After a 2+ year production wait, a tricked out Shilo 45-90 arrived via UPS at our local FFL in a boxed Plano case with about 12" of barrel projecting from one end. Amazingly the metal and spirit level sight were undamaged. I always wondered how much of a launch or drop it took to make that occur?

The case is useless, so perhaps I should have filled for that.

Last edited by OkieDokie; 02/11/15.

OkieDokie
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OkieDokie
I did not need to file a claim, as my rifle was undamaged, but here's the story. After a 2+ year wait, a tricked out Shilo 45-90 arrived via UPS at our local FFL in a boxed Plano case with about 12" of barrel projecting from one end. Amazingly the metal and spirit level sight were undamaged. I always wondered how much of a launch or drop it took to make that occur?

The case is useless, so perhaps I should have filled for that.

That's got to be some kind of record right there. I had one arrive with the barrel sticking out, but it didn't take two years!

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 117LBS, 30 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,776
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.