Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
I just couldn't fathom owning 800 sq. miles! I'm sure I could learn to...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
don't worry, some Chinese or Russian Billionaire will buy it, and exploit the minerals and land.

I'am betting Chinese.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Place that size would work and worry you to death.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Anyone want to bet estate taxes was a driver for the sale?

You'd lose the bet. The husband of one of the two owners hates the owner of the other half... a guy I'll call Bucky.That hatred is what has driven the events leading up to this sale.

Over the last 15 years, Bucky has offered several different plans for division of the estate, allowing his Aunt [that's not the exact relationship, but close enough] to choose which of the "halves" she wanted. He has also offered to buy her out. The Aunt's husband is representing her and has rejected all offers and has not made a counter offer.

Bucky wants to keep it all together.IT'S THE LARGEST CONTIGUOUSLY FENCED PROPERTY IN THE UNITED STATES. That's why it's always been referred to as the "Waggoner pasture".

It's unbelievable to me how a judge could have made the ruling which led to the sale.... The ranch must be offered for sale and Bucky can't buy it, or participate in a straw purchase.

I shoot P D's with the guy who is over ALL of the Waggoner's oil properties and is a lifelong friend of Bucky's. Keeping up with the latest twist or turn in this story over the last several years has been more bizarre than any soap opera.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Nice little place though...

So...You've never been to WI?

Lots of land up over $3k/acre

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by acooper1983
I tol the wife if we win powerball first thing were doing is buying 25-50k acres out west somewhere, 2nd thing is throw our cell phones away

You throw the old lady's cell away and you'll be looking for 12.5-25K acres

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Anyone want to bet estate taxes was a driver for the sale?

You'd lose the bet. The husband of one of the two owners hates the owner of the other half... a guy I'll call Bucky.That hatred is what has driven the events leading up to this sale.

Over the last 15 years, Bucky has offered several different plans for division of the estate, allowing his Aunt [that's not the exact relationship, but close enough] to choose which of the "halves" she wanted. He has also offered to buy her out. The Aunt's husband is representing her and has rejected all offers and has not made a counter offer.

Bucky wants to keep it all together.IT'S THE LARGEST CONTIGUOUSLY FENCED PROPERTY IN THE UNITED STATES. That's why it's always been referred to as the "Waggoner pasture".

It's unbelievable to me how a judge could have made the ruling which led to the sale.... The ranch must be offered for sale and Bucky can't buy it, or participate in a straw purchase.

I shoot P D's with the guy who is over ALL of the Waggoner's oil properties and is a lifelong friend of Bucky's. Keeping up with the latest twist or turn in this story over the last several years has been more bizarre than any soap opera.

That is the final attempt to settle the lawsuits, after all mediation, judgments, and efforts have failed.

Usually, it's family, and usually, it's estates that end up with a fire sale like this.

They will stand toe to toe and hit each other until each of them has no skin left on their fists...then they will start kicking. There IS no end to a family squabble. They go on until all parties die, and sometimes carry on with future generations.

The fire sale may fail with this one too... That's a pretty good sized chunk of change to be asking.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last sale approaching this around here was when Little Ann Burnett sold off the East end of the Sixes. It was something over 100k acres and stayed on the market a long time at 200 bucks an acre.

Boone Pickens bought it and parceled it out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish I had knew about this last week wink

This won't last long!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The ranch must be offered for sale and Bucky can't buy it, or participate in a straw purchase.

This is what is troubling. Seems to me that the judge has an agenda. No one should be barred from a public sale. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The thousand oil wells probably have a little something to do with the price:

Minerals:
There are over 1,000 producing oil wells on the Waggoner Estate Ranch. Approximately 41.67% of the entire mineral estate will convey with the property.

The producing oil wells are probably covered by the 58.33% that doesn't convey.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The thousand oil wells probably have a little something to do with the price:

Minerals:
There are over 1,000 producing oil wells on the Waggoner Estate Ranch. Approximately 41.67% of the entire mineral estate will convey with the property.

The producing oil wells are probably covered by the 58.33% that doesn't convey.

That ain't what it says.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not near as big, but another family squabble auction. miles

Feb. 24,2015

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that a "judge" can make those types of stipulations is what troubles me. way to much over reach in my mind.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that a "judge" can make those types of stipulations is what troubles me. way to much over reach in my mind.

When you petition the court for resolution to your problems, you may not like the outcome too much. It gives you incentive to hash out the differences yourself.

Not to mention the lawyer bills.

In fact, the lawyers are the only ones smiling.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Some Saudi or Dubai douche will probably buy it. Put a big azz mosque right in the middle of his half million fenced acres.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
The ranch must be offered for sale and Bucky can't buy it, or participate in a straw purchase.

This is what is troubling. Seems to me that the judge has an agenda. No one should be barred from a public sale. miles

I MIGHT have misspoke on that one point, Miles, since I haven't seen my friend since the offering has been made public. But..... one plan that was offered by Bucky about 3 years ago was to put the ranch up for Public Auction.

The other side would agree, but ONLY if Bucky was not allowed to bid, or have others bid on his behalf, and the Judge allowed that restriction. Bucky's lawyers managed to get the whole idea of an auction shot down.

Four or five years ago, Bill [my oilman friend] and I were in a small group going out North of Chillicothe to shoot PD's and I asked him about the status of the legal wrangling. He said that the Judge had appointed a Lawyer to work out an equitable decision. He allowed that since the Lawyer was being paid 15k bucks a month by the Estate, he didn't expect a quick resolution. He was right.

The ranch has been up for sale by private treaty for at least a couple of years. This listing with a Broker is the only thing new.

As you can imagine, there are a lot of interesting "backstories" concerning how this enmity developed. I'll tell you a couple when I see you at Ed's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Almost surrounded by city. Someone could make a lot of money building condos.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/12/15.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny story........ After OL' Dan had acquired the land making up the Waggoner Pasture, he set about looking for a site for the permanent headquarters. Nowhere on his half million acres could he find a spot that suited him nearly as well as the two sections that joined him on the North, which belonged to a farmer descended from the original homesteader.

So.... he traded the farmer a couple of sections along his East boundary and "other valuable considerations" for the land that now is "Zacawiesta", the headquarters.

But...... the original homesteader and a couple other family members were buried there in a small makeshift cemetery.

So, with the Waggoner's strict enforcement of access to the property, the only people they can't keep out are the descendents of the homesteader. Texas law requires that they be allowed access twice yearly to do work in the cemetery.

All because Ol' Dan was like most Texas ranchers:

"Ain't a greedy bone in my body when it comes to land. All I want is what's mine and that which joins it!"

grin

D
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Place that size would work and worry you to death.

Amen to that. One would have to have a steep learning curve to keep it going.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 35 invisible), 2,010 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,089
Posts18,501,838
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.