-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A friend sent me this. Some students made it up in flight school, some of it is pretty dang funny. Dont know how many of you have already seen it.

http://flightschooldiaries.tumblr.com/

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those are great! Forwarding to a few rotorheads...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Some of them not so much, too many of them spot on lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That "Using Falcon View for the first time" is universal to military aviation! grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
As a former "jet jock" and current academics/simulator instructor I have to say that some of those are universal for any aviation training command. smile

Lots of good ones; the "after SERE School" was me. I lost 14 lbs and since I went in weighing no more than about 145 lbs, didn't have a whole lot to spare. We were taken to the chow hall after it was over and were told "don't eat too much, it'll make you sick since you haven't had anything to eat." BS! I ate like there was no tomorrow and went back for more with no adverse effects. grin

Those that have been there will know how the shower floor looked after my first shower. Looked like I had been mud wrestling.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was just a dumb crewchief but that's still funny stuff!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The toy fairy flying into the fire is a classic, though I'm sure it upset the child smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some good ones there for sure.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The best are:

When that guy that never studies gets called on for daily questions. Everyone loves when it finally happens, and we all know that one guy who doesn't study.
[Linked Image]

Getting asked a question about Aeromed in BWS. Um, were we supposed to retain that?
[Linked Image]

Finding your RT right as you blow past it. Yep... IP: "Where is your RT?" Me: "It's right behind us..."
[Linked Image]

AM flight line. 0330 wake ups - or whatever it was. Too early
[Linked Image]

Friday afternoon debriefs. Nuff said
[Linked Image]

Trying to get on the first PM flight line bus back home (THE BEST ONE OF ALL). Was comical with everyone at the door waiting for someone to see the bus so we could all rush out.
[Linked Image]

Trying to learn how to hover. Only thing worse than trying to hover the first time is sitting in the back on the first day your stick buddy is trying to learn to hover.
[img]http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums...the%20helicopter%20hover_zpsunjvrjjm.gif[/img]

Why? Cause they're very accurate lol. Embrace the suck (and the fun) as you're doing it. Looking back, would love to do it again. Except SERE. Already did that.

F
fzo Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
those are great

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Ft. Wolters 1970 - 10th WOC - defective heaters in TH-55's - so in November and December directed to fly with doors off - flying dual was no problem - you'd trade off every 5 minutes, let the other guy fly, while you sat on your hands - if you were solo, you found a green or yellow-tire area, landed and spent 30 min on the ground with the engine running keeping your hands as warm as possible smile

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the one I heard the most as a crew chief
"Crew, passengers, mission equipment check. You good in the back?"

The proper response was ready up right, tail clear right. (or left depending on what seat you took)

If you were landing it would be clear down right, ready right.
(or left as required) If you were flying goggles the last 10 feet you gave the height AGL in rough terrain.

I miss those days.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Looking back, would love to do it again. Except SERE. Already did that.

Yep. Funny though, while it was miserable for us Aviators, the SEALS looked t it as break from the grind they had been going through. crazy

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
kwg020, one thing hasn't changed in all my years of Army RW flying:

The crewchief OWNED the aircraft, the pilots only borrowed it smile

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My next door neighbors son is going to school in Alabama right now. Helicopter

15 month course.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
kwg020, one thing hasn't changed in all my years of Army RW flying:

The crewchief OWNED the aircraft, the pilots only borrowed it smile

And 9 times out of 10 they bring it back with a problem. I always wondered why they got the big money.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.