Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm sure there are only 2 people that posted on this thread that dumb Don doesn't have on ignore.

Guess he may have a couple more on ignore now.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Select a rifle hunting cartridge that is "Enough Gun" and not one designed to just wound the enemy!

"When the debate is lost insults become the tool of the loser"
Socrates

No insult here, just a dead spike, via a .223...launched from an evil black rifle, too...

[Linked Image]

He ran 30 yards, and was done. Not unlike results from larger calibers. smile

Couldn't help but notice the blue tape over the flash supressor. laugh

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Select a rifle hunting cartridge that is "Enough Gun" and not one designed to just wound the enemy!

"When the debate is lost insults become the tool of the loser"
Socrates

No insult here, just a dead spike, via a .223...launched from an evil black rifle, too...

[Linked Image]

He ran 30 yards, and was done. Not unlike results from larger calibers. smile

Couldn't help but notice the blue tape over the flash supressor. laugh

Blue tape turns it into a silencer.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or keeps the rain out smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Nope silencer, black tape is to keep the rain out. Red tape makes them go faster.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Please make sure someone from your family lets us know when you pass.

Broke a rib I swear from laughing so hard

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Nope silencer, black tape is to keep the rain out. Red tape makes them go faster.

Thanks, I feel smarter now. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

green tape make them more accurate? smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

in any case, I'm probably on ignore now, for putting a pic of an evil black rifle on his thread grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

You have green tape? Green tape makes it lucky, lucky to the point of you don't need to aim, work up loads or concern yourself with trivial details rifle related. You simply point in the general direction of your target and let one fly, game over.

Congrats on the green tape but be careful because with great power comes great responsibility.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I worked up a great load for deer. 3400lbs at 80.7fps. didn't even have to clean my rifle, it just stayed in the rack. Slam bang thank you m'am

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You fellas are just way out there,the best "woods rifle" is the B-29.

Get with the program.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

in any case, I'm probably on ignore now, for putting a pic of an evil black rifle on his thread grin

There are pwople he doesn't haveon ignore?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well, let's see. My attack on slob hunters and a lack of judgment has turned into an attack on even God.

Well, more people have been killed in the name of God than any other single thing, and it seems they still are doing just that. I am 67 years old, and have known many professed Christians whose Christianity has only been an asset to them, and they still have been a detriment to society...as long as they followed the pro-forma "they" where alright.

Knowledge does not grow on trees, and many people are incapable of good judgment through a long life.

I never implied that that a 6mm with appropriate bullets was not an adequate deer rifle. There are appropriate bullets, and there are appropriate effective ranges limits for every cartridge combination.

I live in a developed area and state. There is little public land. When I ask a land owner if I may hunt groundhogs on his property with my 221 Fireball, or 22-250 with lightly constructed bullets many now say, "no way!" This is because the last idiot that he permitted on his property had his AR and assaulted a charging, fast firing, 200 yard distant groundhog by bracketing it with a barrage of at least 6-8 rounds. Many times these are the "cheapest" from Walmart, or wherever. The landowner then says, "all of those bullets go somewhere...." Next year up go "No Hunting" signs.

I have done most of my deer hunting in PA. Shots can be close, or over a power line. The record black bear is in excess of 600 pounds. I think that last year three were taken that were over 500 pounds.

I have taken my last few deer in PA with a patched round ball, and a traditional flintlock muzzle loader. The last year I hunted I didn't take a deer. Everything that I could get close to was so small that it wasn't worth getting my hands dirty.

By the way, I do have a niece custom 358 Win, and I do hope to take a deer with it and my own home cast bullet, and I'd call that a 100 yard or less project.

I try to be an ethical person, I try to exercise good judgment, I try not to be a hypocrite. When I hunt I am usually an outsider. I travel a distance, spend money, and attempt to give my self, my game, and all around me, a quality experience with their exposure too me. I want to be welcomed back, able to come back, and at least be a pleasant memory, if I never get back.

I want to appreciate my game, my companions, and my environment. I feel that I'm lucky to have all of them.

If this "my" attitude pees in someone's campfire because my attitude offends you - too bad. It should in some cases.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You can have any attitude you like...you just don't know [bleep] from shinola
How many of them 600lb bears you killed?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by swarf
Well, let's see. My attack on slob hunters and a lack of judgment has turned into an attack on even God.

Well, more people have been killed in the name of God than any other single thing, and it seems they still are doing just that. I am 67 years old, and have known many professed Christians whose Christianity has only been an asset to them, and they still have been a detriment to society...as long as they followed the pro-forma "they" where alright.

Knowledge does not grow on trees, and many people are incapable of good judgment through a long life.

I never implied that that a 6mm with appropriate bullets was not an adequate deer rifle. There are appropriate bullets, and there are appropriate effective ranges limits for every cartridge combination.

I live in a developed area and state. There is little public land. When I ask a land owner if I may hunt groundhogs on his property with my 221 Fireball, or 22-250 with lightly constructed bullets many now say, "no way!" This is because the last idiot that he permitted on his property had his AR and assaulted a charging, fast firing, 200 yard distant groundhog by bracketing it with a barrage of at least 6-8 rounds. Many times these are the "cheapest" from Walmart, or wherever. The landowner then says, "all of those bullets go somewhere...." Next year up go "No Hunting" signs.

I have done most of my deer hunting in PA. Shots can be close, or over a power line. The record black bear is in excess of 600 pounds. I think that last year three were taken that were over 500 pounds.

I have taken my last few deer in PA with a patched round ball, and a traditional flintlock muzzle loader. The last year I hunted I didn't take a deer. Everything that I could get close to was so small that it wasn't worth getting my hands dirty.

By the way, I do have a niece custom 358 Win, and I do hope to take a deer with it and my own home cast bullet, and I'd call that a 100 yard or less project.

I try to be an ethical person, I try to exercise good judgment, I try not to be a hypocrite. When I hunt I am usually an outsider. I travel a distance, spend money, and attempt to give my self, my game, and all around me, a quality experience with their exposure too me. I want to be welcomed back, able to come back, and at least be a pleasant memory, if I never get back.

I want to appreciate my game, my companions, and my environment. I feel that I'm lucky to have all of them.

If this "my" attitude pees in someone's campfire because my attitude offends you - too bad. It should in some cases.

Cliff notes, you're an idiot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

You have your own opinion,as do we all,but you start your post by refering to anyone with different opinion as idiots,and slob hunters.Idiot-slob hunters do exist,as we all know .Who hasn't been deer hunting,and hears BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,It aint that these type idiots aint using enough gun,usually it's just the oppisite they usually have the big boom from heavier calibers,usually when you hear them ringing shots there aint but one.That first guy started this post as saying he was using a 358 to increase his odds for whitetail,which is his option,but then he ridiculed everyone else that wasn't going after whitetail with a cannon,, To me the ONLY logic I see in using his 358 to increase his odds is that he intends to shoot at the first glimps of a buck with little regard to shot placement,To me this is slob hunting

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Blah, blah, blah..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The majority of slob hunters I've seen in PA carry .30-06's of the slide action Remington variety. No prejudice on my part since the .30-6 is my favorite cartridge. Also PA's record Bear goes well over 800 lbs. Every year PA produces multiple 600 lb bruins.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I travel a distance, spend money, and attempt to give my self, my game, and all around me, a quality experience with their exposure too me.

If you are actually out hunting to get an animal,and are successful, I don't think that animal will agree that it had a "quality experience with their exposure to(not too) me"

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 10Glocks, 35, 1OntarioJim, 13 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,122
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.