Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never said he was wrong. I just would never encourage him to leave a good wife and it is my understanding in all other way that is exactly what she is.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tarkio,

thanks for that clarification, I see your point and it's valid.

what I see of Sal's kid, he's a good kid with his head screwed correctly on his shoulders. Have seen the pix of Sal and him doing outdoor stuff together. Sal's made a helluva an investment in that lad in both time and money. It's paid off well.

my take is, it normally takes two pretty decent parents to turn out a good kid. Only takes 1 screwed up parent to screw up a kid.

so I have to assume she's a pretty good gal and has played a part in that young man's development.

have also never heard Sal say she bitches about his hunting and fishing trips, that too would be a plus quality in a woman imo.

I see a bit of piling on in this thread towards her by some and we don't know her side of the story. Rereading your original post, and your clarification makes it clear to me, you weren't one of those guys. So apologies for painting with too broad a brush in my response to you.

thinkin Sal is around my age (mid 50's) he's probably younger so I may get the redazz from him (grin)

scary thing for some folks to pull up stakes and make a move.

as 458 said, when he was young, his wife was gung ho for a big move, later on, not so much for a lesser move.

I believe one of the things women look for from men is security.

it's pretty evident they have a good life, she probably has work she likes, family she likes and friends she likes, to give all that up based on who might be governor or that the state is restricting hunting and gun rights (probably not as big of issues for her as they are for Sal)

most likely she's scared a bit just to leave the life she's known behind, or perfectly content in the life they've always had, it's Sal that's changed his mind, he used to be happy there with her, why change anything?

course I've tried to figure out what women were thinking before and failed big time at it. May be the case here as well.

the guys that have suggested he sit and down and have a heart to heart with her or suggested just buying a getaway place and visiting it for awhile have probably given the most useful advice.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Strangely, no Christian has addressed the scripture supporting your position, Scott. Unbelievable. Many know it, but i guess due to the preference of avoiding (and gutlessly submitting to) distasteful azzholes, shrink from standing up for His word.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/18/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So, Sal should give up the desires of his life because of her friends? The helpmate has friends she caters to more than him, right. OK.

The helpmate has a house and job that means more to her than him, right?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Tarkio,

thanks for that clarification, I see your point and it's valid.

what I see of Sal's kid, he's a good kid with his head screwed correctly on his shoulders. Have seen the pix of Sal and him doing outdoor stuff together. Sal's made a helluva an investment in that lad in both time and money. It's paid off well.

my take is, it normally takes two pretty decent parents to turn out a good kid. Only takes 1 screwed up parent to screw up a kid.

so I have to assume she's a pretty good gal and has played a part in that young man's development.

have also never heard Sal say she bitches about his hunting and fishing trips, that too would be a plus quality in a woman imo.

I see a bit of piling on in this thread towards her by some and we don't know her side of the story. Rereading your original post, and your clarification makes it clear to me, you weren't one of those guys. So apologies for painting with too broad a brush in my response to you.

thinkin Sal is around my age (mid 50's) he's probably younger so I may get the redazz from him (grin)

scary thing for some folks to pull up stakes and make a move.

as 458 said, when he was young, his wife was gung ho for a big move, later on, not so much for a lesser move.

I believe one of the things women look for from men is security.

it's pretty evident they have a good life, she probably has work she likes, family she likes and friends she likes, to give all that up based on who might be governor or that the state is restricting hunting and gun rights (probably not as big of issues for her as they are for Sal)

most likely she's scared a bit just to leave the life she's known behind, or perfectly content in the life they've always had, it's Sal that's changed his mind, he used to be happy there with her, why change anything?

course I've tried to figure out what women were thinking before and failed big time at it. May be the case here as well.

the guys that have suggested he sit and down and have a heart to heart with her or suggested just buying a getaway place and visiting it for awhile have probably given the most useful advice.

Well said.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Strangely, no Christian has addressed the scripture supporting your position, Scott. Unbelievable. Many know it, but i guess due to the preference of avoiding (and gutlessly submitting to) distasteful azzholes, shrink from standing up for His word.

He did not ask for scriptures but I believe my advice reflected what I believe.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is that thing about Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved His church.

Now I know there are two halves to that scripture but as men the part about loving your wife as Christ loves His church is directed to the men and thus what men should read keeping in mind Christ died for His Church.

My interpretation that means I die to my desires and wants and love my wife.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Is there no basis for making an intelligent decision?

Sal, do not ask ISIS what they think you should do.

I guess you should follow the liberal creed, then. Do what feels good? Do what you want to do?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would follow your dream Sal! The Native Steelhead are just entering our coastal streams, you are welcome anytime you want buddy!

Last edited by okok; 02/18/15.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If I remember correctly and my old brain does not always do that, but I think it is a lot more than just her friends. I believe I remember him saying her family was a big part of the reason.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okok

I would follow your dream Sal! The Native Steelhead are just entering our coastal streams, you are welcome anytime you want buddy!

Something tells me you and him are not compatible. You lurking piece of schiet.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Principles for Marriage
7 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Oh, thats the wrong one Scott, but a good one nonetheless. smile grin

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Here it is, Scott.

31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5 NIV

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Scott F

He asked what he should do. Do we have a right and wrong or should we all just do what we think we should do, Scott, when He says we cant trust our own selves?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, that one is a great one!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If my wife of forty nine years decided to move to Ca. I'd just let her do it. If she wants a divorce, go get it. I'm not going.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All are fortunate that the bible will lead on to the right answer.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

He asked what he should do. Do we have a right and wrong or should we all just do what we think we should do, Scott, when He says we cant trust our own selves?

You should have been aborted.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok

Dynasty!! Book it baby!!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're either leaning into your marriage, or you're leaning away from it. Look at your marriage as an act of worship, towards God...and strive to honor that covenant as much as you can, in every way that you can. Effective communication and effective gratitude are important components.
A very wise man on this board once said, years ago, that being married was like digging for rubies in a pile of gravel, only to discover that the gravel itself was the real treasure all along...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.