Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Just FYI. Tried to rip me off but I backed off before sending funds. Another member here got ripped off for $1300. He was advertising a winchester super grade on arms list. Other member got ripped off buying a different fire arm from him.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
hate to say it but armslist is the worst for scams.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Full of scams.
I buy more on Armslist than anywhere else.
Not for novices.
I meet the nicest people on Armslist.
Not for novices.
Not for novices.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Armslist is a good place to get an occasional deal, but diligence is required. Just like the old saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". One of the best tricks to discover scam listings is to run a search on either the title text, or the entire text of the ad. The scammers are too lazy to write anything for themselves, and simply cut & paste. If it is a scam, that search will turn up a corresponding Gunbroker, Gunauction, or Gunsamerica listing, either current or ended. They copy the auction text, as well as the pictures.

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 02/19/15.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Great advice.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just down the road. Would appreciate any more details on the individual.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sounds like that guy needs an a$$hole intervention!!!!!!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by cisco1
Full of scams.
I buy more on Armslist than anywhere else.
Not for novices.
I meet the nicest people on Armslist.
Not for novices.
Not for novices.

Agreed, I have found deals that were on the up and up but there are more shady looking deals than any other site.

Ted
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have had good luck with Armslist as a seller and a buyer but I only do local face to face deals, I agree it's full of scams, I would never buy from someone on Armslist who is not registered.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I call it SCAM LIST, Stay away....

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by oregontripper

Info he gave me was
Donald Yakel
202 Yule Road
Washougal, WA 98671

Phone 206 552 8087

Beware of anyone selling anything with this personal info...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks. Might do a drive-by.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I've had good and bad experiences...
best one was a m700 stainless fluted .260, text from one number calls from another, when we finally connected a gentleman with the best north east african accent said...come on man, I'm legit...lolz yeah right.

It is also laiden with law enforcement baiting...just sayin'

not for rookies!

Last edited by Gansettx; 02/21/15.

Honorary Gouger per Travis
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Originally Posted by oregontripper

Info he gave me was
Donald Yakel
202 Yule Road
Washougal, WA 98671

Phone 206 552 8087

Beware of anyone selling anything with this personal info...

Typical redneck woods compound for around here at end of a private road. Neighbors have signs up indicating you are 'in range'...
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like the lair of an internet scammer smile

E
E
Actually it is the FORMER lair of an internet scammer. Mr. Yakel, has not resided at this house since December of 2014. This is a somewhat redacted report I sent to the Skamania County Sheriff's office regarding this matter:

"It has come to my attention that my mailing address, 202 Yule Road, was used in the commission of a fraud by our former visitor, Donald J. Yakel, who used our mailing address to sell a fictitious firearm over the internet to a person calling from (630) XXX-XXXX. The person I talked to stated that he had sent via certified mail postal money orders totaling $1,300 for a gun (which he did not describe) which he had not received. He was attempting to contact Mr. Yakel regarding the missing (and in my opinion fictitious) firearm. I told him that I had indeed received a certified letter, which I did not open, as it was addressed to Mr. Yakel, on or about 1/28/2015. I delivered the letter to Mr. Yakel on 2/3/2015. I gave the person my information and told him I would cooperate with him in this regard. Mr. Yakel resides at Share House, 1115 W 13th Street, Vancouver, WA 98660. 360-695-7658. He has not stayed with us since the first week of December of 2014. He had permission to use our address in order to obtain SSI/Housing benefits, and to deal with the VA. We met with him once a week to deliver his mail. On 1/29/2015, Mr. Yakel contacted me about the letter, stating that he needed it urgently and that it had to do with obtaining a supply of insulin needles--a story which I believed because he is diabetic and was dealing with the VA in the Milwaukee, WI/Chicago area, and the letter came from Chicago. The call I received today (2/6/2015) disabused me of that notion. I am going to attempt to contact Mr. Yakel (who is homeless and has no phone) and revoke his permission to use our mailing address. I will be happy to cooperate fully with any investigation into this matter. If you have any questions you may contact me at 360-XXX-XXXX, or email me at XXXXXgmail.com. My mailing address is 202 Yule Road, Washougal, WA, 98671. "

I have since placed a forward on his mail to the Share House address in the letter above. The Sheriff working on this case is Deric Cliffords, and he can be reached at 509-427-9490. The picture above is of our residence. I have no problem talking to anybody on this board about this issue, either here or in person. My wife is terrified that our dogs or ourselves will come to harm because of this EXPLETIVE DELETED person we tried to help. No good deed will ever go unpunished.

Sincerely,
Eric Simonson

The actual owner of 202 Yule Road.
P.S. We prefer 'hillbillies' up here. Redneck implies that there is enough sun here to induce a sunburn.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Redneck was not meant as derogatory, only differentiating from those woods compounds of the yuppie types. Hillbilly homestead works too.... I'll see about Xing the picture...

--- Kid Rock 2022

E
E
No worries!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eric,

Thank you for registering here and providing some insight to the situation. I hope and pray no ill will comes to you and your family from attempting to help another.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear of the problems. Kudo's to Mr. Simonson for taking action and informing the folks here of the situation. I'm afraid he (Yakel) is one of many low lifes that work really hard for the wrong reasons. The same efforts in a different direction and their lives would forever change for the better.

Armslist has almost as many scams as it does legit deals. You would think that the ownership of that site would develop a means to weed this stuff out as the more successful websites have done. I think it is pretty bad on their part to let it all go in as weak a manner as it is (I.e., flag a scam) I have bought there, but have never sold anything there. I will continue to buy on that site but I always proceed with caution and confirm all prior to sending any money. If my gut says it's a no go, it's a no go.

Did somebody say Armslist is "not for novices"? Yeah, it's not.

"I will remain what I am until the day I die- A HUNTER"......Sitting Bull
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,817
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.