-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the few times I've been through a checkpoint it took all of a minute, of course that's probably because I don't drink and drive. rolled up, cop asked if I was having a good evening, told him yup on my way home from work or wherever I was. he said drive safe and I was on the way.

on a side note, I have never deen a DUI checkpoint in the morning on my way to work. IIRC each one was after 10 pm. I also don't know of anyone who conducts job interviews, or doctor offices open that late.

now all of that being said, I don't think they are constitutional. and I don't feel I have to kiss ass to survive a police encounter. I'm respectful to them just as I am to anyone else I encounter in my daily goings-on. because the reality is until things change, this is part of the world we live in. being a dick back won't change anything.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
My post nessacrly directed at you . People that bitch about "drunks" on the road the most , also seem to yell the loudest about being inconvenienced if checked at a check point. Do you think these poepl would yell about being stopped while looking for say a bombing suspect or syco serial killer ? being a strait foward honest cop is for the most part a thankless job. If your telling me I'm an ass kisser , I'll gladly meet you sometime in like Joplin , you than can tell me I'm an ass kisser.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I've never understood how people get joy by poking a hornet nest with a stick.

Right, and by the number of cars I see parked without a driver and waiting on a wrecker, I'm glad they have the drunk checkpoints, don't drive drunk or on dope and you don't have a thing to worry about.

People are to damn pussified these days.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
My post nessacrly directed at you . People that bitch about "drunks" on the road the most , also seem to yell the loudest about being inconvenienced if checked at a check point. Do you think these poepl would yell about being stopped while looking for say a bombing suspect or syco serial killer ? being a strait foward honest cop is for the most part a thankless job. If your telling me I'm an ass kisser , I'll gladly meet you sometime in like Joplin , you than can tell me I'm an ass kisser.
I re-read my post and couldn't see where I'd called you an ass-kisser. Are you an ass-kisser? Are you interested in becoming an ass-kisser? Is that what you mean? I'm sorry but I can't help you with that as I'm not into it. I expect there are some guys in Joplin that are, but I couldn't tell you where to find them so, I'm afraid you're on your own.

And yes, lots of people didn't like the heavy-handedness of the Boston Police when they were illegally entering properties and searching for the Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect, just as an example.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I've never understood how people get joy by poking a hornet nest with a stick.

don't drive drunk or on dope and you don't have a thing to ...

Same for random searches of you home... safe
E.... banking...

Your mentality is part of the problem.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thankfully, this isn't an issue I have to deal with. That said:

I despise the idea of the checkpoints based on a common sense Constitutional basis (yes, I'm aware the Courts disagree). There are more effective, less intrusive, ways to arrest drunks in problem areas. I'll take saturation patrols every time.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Maybe you but not me jersey, I don't live in your conventional [oh fu-k the batteries are dead on my garage door opener again] world.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My opinion is that they are just unconstitutional fishing expeditions. Therefore the police should not be encouraged to use them. In fact they should be discouraged. They have other means to catch drunk drivers and this is just an easier method. I am pro police, but anytime you let the police slide on how they should conduct matters, it makes for shoddy police work going ahead. I have worked people for lots of years and any time you let shoddy work slide, it soon becomes the norm, and all of their work gets worse. Once started it is hard to stop. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Maybe you but not me jersey, I don't live in your conventional [oh fu-k the batteries are dead on my garage door opener again] world.

Keep bending over and forfeiting those rights...I could give a [bleep] big guy. Just make sure you keep acting tough on the net while you bend over.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BWAHAHAHAHA, youz fakas ah funny.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Cops hate the Constitution.

That's a hell of a blanket statement.

Why? They didn't sign up to be restrained by anything so why would they like that piece of paper?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I'm glad they have the drunk checkpoints, don't drive drunk or on dope and you don't have a thing to worry about.

...cut me a bit of slack on northern repressed people and their commie politics, you see, I live in the free state of Oklahoma, I don't have to act free on the net.

There's something here, but i dont have the time to flesh it out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Police can do anything they want to you at anytime. Stop you, hit you, remove any valuables from you, have sex with you, no limits. If it isn't mentioned in statute then it is the same as so by non-enforcement by each other and if a video gets made of the incident then the prosecutors and judges will do their best to get the officer clear.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm all for taking drunks off the road but how many here who see no issue with simply stopping everyone because they're driving to check would have no problem with random, unannounced, warrant-less inspections of your home just because you own a gun?

It's just to get the illegal guys' guns and if you've done nothing illegal - you have nothing to worry about. Right?

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal
I'm all for taking drunks off the road but how many here who see no issue with simply stopping everyone because they're driving to check would have no problem with random, unannounced, warrant-less inspections of your home just because you own a gun?

It's just to get the illegal guys' guns and if you've done nothing illegal - you have nothing to worry about. Right?
Exactly. If you haven't done anything illegal, why won't you let us search your car? If you don't have anything to hide, why not Citizen?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

I'm glad they have the drunk checkpoints, don't drive drunk or on dope and you don't have a thing to worry about.

...cut me a bit of slack on northern repressed people and their commie politics, you see, I live in the free state of Oklahoma, I don't have to act free on the net.

There's something here, but i dont have the time to flesh it out.

Don't bother, you never will.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Exactly. If you haven't done anything illegal, why won't you let us search your car? If you don't have anything to hide, why not Citizen?

That excellent point is clearly lost on some.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

NHK9's opinion on saturation patrols may work in higher populated areas, but here in ruralville I can see where checkpoints are the only useful means of getting drunks and dopers off the road.

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ldholton
Now I don't agree with just setting up and stopping everyone for no reason (DWI checkpoint) But, it's much easier to just be nice comply and be on your way , UNLESS you've been drinking , which you shouldn't be doing. So little "tricks" like mentioned is just way to get away with something that's illegal anyway ?? So bitching that these stops are illeagle , but supporting the "tricks" to get away with something illeagle, seems odd to me
Btw..."illeagle" is a non-word that seems to be describing a sick bird. The word for breaking the law is "illegal". You can pay me when you see me.

You shouldn't jump on someone for spelling/ grammar errors when you yourself are guilty of it. "Cow-towing" is hauling a cow in a livestock trailer. "Kow-towing" is the proper word.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
All this makes me wonder how some here would handle driving a comercial truck where as DOT and troopers can stop you at any time for no reason?

Last edited by ldholton; 02/21/15.
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 257 roberts, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.